Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 03:54 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
And just as I made my statement earlier I came across a proposal for a tower of at least 30 stories and up to 100 for Colorado Springs. I expect and sincerely hope it's closer to 30.

What are some of the proposals for Pueblo?
That is what got my friends talking about who has the tallest building as I always thought the Wells Fargo building in the Springs had the most stories in both towns. Not so.

Right now most of the planed highrises are hotels and related buildings for the riverwalk expansion. One example is the planned water park by Runyon field. The company who hopes to build it not only wants to speed up the timetable but is paying for the economic study which is required for the first step. I have seen the pictures of the area and due to lack of land all the buildings go up including the water park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 04:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
^ I'm pretty sure that Well Fargo tower is the tallest between both cities, despite floor count. But that's not saying much. It would likely not even be noticed in a downtown like Denver's. It's at least a well designed tower, which I prefer to height. There are a couple proposals for downtown that I passively follow, and if they can get them through it would greatly enhance the downtown area of the city. Sanders' proposed tower is just the latest in the series.

Do you have any pics of the proposed developments or links that describe the projects?

Old 12-27-2015, 04:31 PM

I'm not sure it is cus the tall buildings in Pueblo have smaller floors on top that is not counted and if the tallest is 18 or 19 stories plus what is on top you never know. But at least Pueblo has more stories cus that is the fun part. I do have pictures and I've posted them in the downtown Pueblo thread. I'm on my I phone now so can't go to photobucket now lol

Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
^ I suppose if that's what is important to you, then . Some of those residential high rises in Pueblo are hideous to look at. I'm sure the developments downtown will look a lot nicer and if they are tied into the surrounding neighborhood and streets and river walk area the overall feel and look will be quite nice.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
^ I suppose if that's what is important to you, then . Some of those residential high rises in Pueblo are hideous to look at. I'm sure the developments downtown will look a lot nicer and if they are tied into the surrounding neighborhood and streets and river walk area the overall feel and look will be quite nice.
They are 60's tastic buildings and yes I find it amusing that Pueblo has taller buildings at least by the number of stories. I do expect the new highrise's to look better and hopefully we get a few tall ones.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:44 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Joss, what are you going off about now?

Pueblo has neither the tallest building in southern Colorado nor does it's "towers" have the most floors.

Here's a pic of the tallest Pueblo building at 134 feet at Presbyterian Towers and 11 floors. Mesa and Mineral Palace Towers 10 floors at 122 ft. Wells Fargo 98 feet 8 floors.

Wells Fargo Tower in CoSprings is 247 feet and 16 floors. Cadet Chapel, 150, St. Mary's Cathedral 148, Antlers' Hotel 160 ft 13 floors, FirstBank 207 feet 14 floors. Colorado Square 170 feet 14 floors. Plaza of The Rockies South Tower 13 floors. Alamo Corporate Center 12 floors.

Joss, you are just wrong here. I don't give a flip. I'm just sick of reading this misinformation, again!

Villa Pueblo is 14 floors.

You're talking about a bunch of old folks homes here. You're being facetious here, right?

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-28-2015 at 12:20 AM..

Old 12-28-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Joss, what are you going off about now?

Pueblo has neither the tallest building in southern Colorado nor does it's "towers" have the most floors.

Here's a pic of the tallest Pueblo building at 134 feet at Presbyterian Towers and 11 floors. Mesa and Mineral Palace Towers 10 floors at 122 ft. Wells Fargo 98 feet 8 floors.

Wells Fargo Tower in CoSprings is 247 feet and 16 floors. Cadet Chapel, 150, St. Mary's Cathedral 148, Antlers' Hotel 160 ft 13 floors, FirstBank 207 feet 14 floors. Colorado Square 170 feet 14 floors. Plaza of The Rockies South Tower 13 floors. Alamo Corporate Center 12 floors.

Joss, you are just wrong here. I don't give a flip. I'm just sick of reading this misinformation, again!

Villa Pueblo is 14 floors.

You're talking about a bunch of old folks homes here. You're being facetious here, right?
This is from krdo 13:

Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross

Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross | Latest News - Home

It says 17 stories and it's the shorter of the two. Plus I can see them from Pueblo West. Now is it taller by height? I'm not sure but by number of floors they are and I think that is cool.

Yes it's a old folk home who cares it has more floors. Do I hope Pueblo gets taller office buildings in the future? Sure but right now I find it amusing Pueblo has the tallest building by number of floors when they are so much larger.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:13 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is from krdo 13:

Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross

Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross | Latest News - Home

It says 17 stories and it's the shorter of the two. Plus I can see them from Pueblo West. Now is it taller by height? I'm not sure but by number of floors they are and I think that is cool.

Yes it's a old folk home who cares it has more floors. Do I hope Pueblo gets taller office buildings in the future? Sure but right now I find it amusing Pueblo has the tallest building by number of floors when they are so much larger.
KRDO is wrong on the floor count. It was 14 floors just like the Villa Pueblo next to it. You can clearly count the number of floors in the picture, or on Google Maps, or by driving out there. It's not the first time that a media organization has gotten something wrong and I'm pretty sure that a fluff piece like that isn't stringently fact-checked.

By height the Wells Fargo building in the Springs is way taller than anything in Pueblo. Probably by about 100' or so.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:16 AM

I have counted it krdo is right. And the other one is taller. Now I don't know how high it is by feet.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:48 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I have counted it krdo is right. And the other one is taller. Now I don't know how high it is by feet.
Prove it. Because you have two people telling you that you're wrong and given your history of being very loose with the facts when it comes to your boosterism the burden of proof falls on you.

But height is a no brainer- even if it was 17 floors like you claim it's probably no taller than 190' at the most. Wells Fargo is taller by 50' at the very least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado