Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 07:55 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
What is happening to the flood bank above the Pueblo Whitewater Park?
Was by there last week and it looks like they are taking the top 10' off of the 25-30' flood wall.

Looks very expensive and they are destroying all the artwork!
The wall is old and had to be rebuilt to keep it in code. Due to the reservoir it does not have to be as tall. So yes they will have to redo the art work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 11:13 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The wall is old and had to be rebuilt to keep it in code. Due to the reservoir it does not have to be as tall. So yes they will have to redo the art work.

Thanks. I forgot the obvious that the dam/reservoir was newer than the floodwall.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:02 AM

More good news and construction should start this summer!

This is from the Chieftain:

The state Economic Development Commission on Wednesday gave unanimous final approval to a revised financing agreement for the state’s share of the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo expansion.

See more at: Riverwalk funds get final state OK

Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Ouch:

Evraz to temporarily idle about 450 workers at Pueblo steel mill

It's not that economic behemoth that it once was, but it's too bad that the commodity downturn has taken a toll on the Pueblo steel mill- pretty sure that the rumored pipe unit expansion is now dead as well. Hopefully the short-term idling doesn't become long term.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Ouch:

Evraz to temporarily idle about 450 workers at Pueblo steel mill

It's not that economic behemoth that it once was, but it's too bad that the commodity downturn has taken a toll on the Pueblo steel mill- pretty sure that the rumored pipe unit expansion is now dead as well. Hopefully the short-term idling doesn't become long term.
I feel bad for the workers. Hopefully in a few weeks they get their jobs back. Lets be honest right now hemp/ MJ is driving the economic growth in Pueblo county. Although I do find it interesting you only post bad news about Pueblo. For example you posted the bad news on the Riverwalk grant yet not a peep on the new agreement which the state says is a better deal.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:48 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I feel bad for the workers. Hopefully in a few weeks they get their jobs back. Lets be honest right now hemp/ MJ is driving the economic growth in Pueblo county. Although I do find it interesting you only post bad news about Pueblo. For example you posted the bad news on the Riverwalk grant yet not a peep on the new agreement which the state says is a better deal.
The good news portion is your job. It falls to others to show the occasional hiccup that Pueblo has on it's way to it's position as the best city EVAH!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
The good news portion is your job. It falls to others to show the occasional hiccup that Pueblo has on it's way to it's position as the best city EVAH!
That's what happens when you live in a manufacturing town as I read in today's paper of more temporary layoffs in the steel industry across the nation today.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:33 AM

304 posts, read 343,902 times
Quite a few layoffs, nearing 800. That will hurt. I read earlier in the year that PEDCO was going to try and bring 500 new jobs to the area, unfortunately that won't offset the sting of trying to recover even a temporary loss.

Between the uptick in crime, the situation with the police department, the possibility of District 60 being taken over by the state, and an unstable local job economy, our city leaders need to find a foothold and show they are not inept. I've lived here a long time, but I'm not impressed with the direction the last year!!

Old 03-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
Quite a few layoffs, nearing 800. That will hurt. I read earlier in the year that PEDCO was going to try and bring 500 new jobs to the area, unfortunately that won't offset the sting of trying to recover even a temporary loss.

Between the uptick in crime, the situation with the police department, the possibility of District 60 being taken over by the state, and an unstable local job economy, our city leaders need to find a foothold and show they are not inept. I've lived here a long time, but I'm not impressed with the direction the last year!!
450 for Pueblo and its only temporary, a few months. The near 800 jobs number is for other parts of the nation.

U.S. Steel unit laying off 770 | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Keep in mind due to weed and hemp the Pueblo economy is still growing and Pueblo remains the only manufacturing town in the USA at its peak population. Also city council just passed a new incentive for jobs but as usual has not said anything. I suspect we will soon have a new jobs announcement by PEDCO and the city.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:49 PM

Some cool pictures of Downtown Pueblo I took. Not bad for a CSA of over 200,000 people.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado