Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 03:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
14 floors minus the 13th that is skipped so it's really 13! Booyah Joss, you lose.

NEENER NEENER FINGER IN MY EARS I can't hear you...
No it's actually 14 floors. Then you count the 1/2 floor and elevator room where the cross goes too so I can see how they got to 17. Although it is a stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 07:01 PM

289 posts, read 776,470 times
Let it go and stop trying to fabricate useless facts Joss. The Wells Fargo tower is taller and more prominent than any building in Pueblo right now. Period.

And wong21fr is right - it sure is symbolic that the tallest and most prominent buildings in Pueblo are welfare communities.

Good grief.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:35 PM

It's the tallest but not sure I'd call it the most prominent. In Pueblo my favorite highrise is the Wells Fargo Building. Sure it's not as tall but it stands out. Also Pueblo has over 10 highrises and our tallest is close to their highest. Plus more are planned here then there. Not bad at all.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:22 PM

59 posts, read 54,762 times
I am anxious to learn more about the planned high rises in Pueblo.......who are they planned by..........where are the renderings.............where are the links???? All I have seen is a conceptual drawing of the river walk area that was used by the city in their application for state tourism funding. I have not seen or heard anything about actual proposed high rise building projects in process.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 AM

Two of them are hotels planned to go up at the riverwalk. A few more are with the water park which is on the study phase being paid for by the company who wants to build the park. Total of about 3-6 being planned right now.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 AM

59 posts, read 54,762 times
You have failed to provide any supporting links for documentation.....a Google search of proposed high rises in Pueblo yields no matching results.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan07 View Post
You have failed to provide any supporting links for documentation.....a Google search of proposed high rises in Pueblo yields no matching results.
I couldn't find anything either, which is why I asked about it the other day. I don't doubt there is some sort of long term plan in the works, but the specifics seem to be well-hidden at this time.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan07 View Post
There's no proposed high-rises planned for Pueblo. There are a number of mid-rise (4-8 stories)projects that are envisioned as part of the Riverwalk development, but nothing has been announced yet. Will something be built? I'm confident that it will happen, but it's still probably a couple of years away from the first project groundbreaking.

This is merely Jossesppie being very, very, very optimistic in his claims as usual.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
There's no proposed high-rises planned for Pueblo. There are a number of mid-rise (4-8 stories)projects that are envisioned as part of the Riverwalk development, but nothing has been announced yet. Will something be built? I'm confident that it will happen, but it's still probably a couple of years away from the first project groundbreaking.

This is merely Jossesppie being very, very, very optimistic in his claims as usual.
When I talk about the proposed highrise developments like the hotels I'm talking 6-8 stories. It's technically a highrise and built using highrise standards but nothing really tall. Although I am hopeful we will get a taller one that is me being well me and optimistic.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:17 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
When I talk about the proposed highrise developments like the hotels I'm talking 6-8 stories. It's technically a highrise and built using highrise standards but nothing really tall. Although I am hopeful we will get a taller one that is me being well me and optimistic.
A six story building can be built using wood-frame construction. Given the market in Pueblo, that's probably what you'll see and that would be hard for me to consider as a high-rise. There's several definitions for high-rises, but it's more honest to call what Pueblo will be likely getting mid-rises. There's nothing wrong with that (just look at places like D.C. or London that are built around mid-rises) and a half-dozen mid-rises would do far more for Pueblo than a single high-rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado