Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 02:48 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
A six story building can be built using wood-frame construction. Given the market in Pueblo, that's probably what you'll see and that would be hard for me to consider as a high-rise. There's several definitions for high-rises, but it's more honest to call what Pueblo will be likely getting mid-rises. There's nothing wrong with that (just look at places like D.C. or London that are built around mid-rises) and a half-dozen mid-rises would do far more for Pueblo than a single high-rise.
My understanding is we are talking buildings like the Marriott hotel by the convention center and it was built using highrise standards and not a wood frame. While its not a sky scraper I would call them highrises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 05:18 PM

On another topic this is a good article on the art center that turns 50 in 2022 and my understanding is they want to expand it by then.

This is from the Colorado Springs Business Journal:

Founded in 1972, the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center was originally funded by grants from the federal Economic Development Agency and Pueblo County. The center originally consisted of a single gallery, a 500-seat theater, studio/classroom spaces, a dance studio, as well as a conference and banquet facility.

The museum expanded in 1982 and again in 2000, adding three galleries, a gift shop, the Buell Children’s Museum and a sculpture garden.

From an original staff of three and a budget less than $100,000, the arts center now employs 23 full-time and 34 part-time employees and has an annual budget of more than $2 million. The 89,500-square-foot facility would grace any metropolitan area and is particularly impressive for a city of 108,000.

The link: Sangre de Cristo center of Pueblo art community – The Colorado Springs Business Journal

Old 12-30-2015, 06:45 PM

Exclamation Jobs gains, Riverwalk advances among year’s top local stories

2015 was a good year for Pueblo and the Chieftain did a good job of highlighting most of it.

This is from the Chieftain:

The rebounding local economy, four major job announcements and a financing deal to expand the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo were among the top local business stores in 2015.

Other top stories included the completion of two privately financed projects on the Riverwalk and the start of a third: the renovation of the old Alpha Beta plant into a rail engineering and repair hub. The finished projects: the renovation of the Bella Santi building into high-end condos and the redevelopment of the old police building into mixed-use space that includes the Brues Alehouse restaurant and craft brewery.

The Professional Bull Riders, also located at the Riverwalk, announced a successful deal to be acquired by event management giant WME/IMG with plans to keep its headquarters office in Pueblo. PBR will not comment on the sale price but some media outlets pegged the price at an eye-popping $120 million, citing sources close to the deal.

- See more at: Jobs gains, Riverwalk advances among year

Old 12-30-2015, 07:40 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
You mention the "renovation" of the Bella Santi building. Isn't it a new building?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
You mention the "renovation" of the Bella Santi building. Isn't it a new building?
Yes and no. It was built a few years ago as a shell building and did not sell well so was sold and the new buyer finished the condos and first level retail so maybe that is why they used that term?

Old 01-15-2016, 09:03 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
What's going on in Pueblo? Sounds like the Riverwalk and PBR exhibit is on life support.

Pueblo's Tourism Project Stalls

Old 01-15-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
What's going on in Pueblo? Sounds like the Riverwalk and PBR exhibit is on life support.

Pueblo's Tourism Project Stalls
This is the first I heard this. Last thing I heard it was going to break ground by May. Sounds like typical political BS from Denver.

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-15-2016 at 10:09 AM..

Old 01-15-2016, 10:22 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is the first I heard this. Last thing I heard it was going to break ground by May. Sounds like typical political BS from Denver.
IDK, sounds like the PBR doesn't want to tie itself down to Pueblo if there are chances for green pastures elsewhere. And considering the PBR is the main draw to get increased out-of-state tourism it does raise the question of whether Pueblo's project should be funded under the RTA. If I was Pueblo I'd be questioning the PBR on what it would take to commit to the project. Sounds like Pueblo needs to let the PBR come back to the public trough again.

It's similar to one of the arguments that was presented against Gaylord and the myriad of lawsuits that were brought about because of it.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:30 AM

I just got off the phone with the Pueblo Urban renewal Authority and they said this article was not accurate. That all sides are working together to get this to work and PBR still wants the "university" here. It is on track to break ground by summer.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:11 PM

59 posts, read 54,686 times
Hum....................the following is a quote in the article from the director of the agency you say you spoke with:

"Jerry Pacheco, the new executive director of the Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority, said the funding freeze has stalled design work, making the start of construction this summer unlikely."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado