Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 06:05 PM

59 posts, read 54,673 times

Advertisements

Why is it that the database at http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/ lists 11 high rise buildings for Colorado Springs, but shows none for Pueblo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 06:20 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Something that my friends in both Pueblo and Colorado Springs pointed out was the Wells Fargo Building in downtown Colorado Springs is the tallest building at 16 stories.

Well look at this:

Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross

The link: Pueblo family continues tradition of putting up 17-story illuminated cross | News - Home

Plus I am 90% sure the two high rise's in Belmont are 18 stories so that means Pueblo has at least 3 buildings taller then the tallest building in Colorado Springs? Kind of cool given how much bigger they are.
Depends on the floor to ceiling height of Pueblo's residential high-rises versus a commercial high-rise in Colorado Springs. Given that commercial floor to ceiling heights are greater than residential Colorado Springs probably has the taller building- especially since it has that large crown.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Depends on the floor to ceiling height of Pueblo's residential high-rises versus a commercial high-rise in Colorado Springs. Given that commercial floor to ceiling heights are greater than residential Colorado Springs probably has the taller building- especially since it has that large crown.
That could be true im not sure. But what I do know is Pueblo has the tallest building when using floor count. Kind of odd considering how much larger they are but I will take it.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan07 View Post
Why is it that the database at Database - SkyscraperPage.com lists 11 high rise buildings for Colorado Springs, but shows none for Pueblo?
Not sure because Pueblo easily has over 10 highrises.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:17 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I could do a photo tour on Pueblo's "highrises".. this will be EPIC! Lmmfao...

Old 12-27-2015, 11:35 AM

289 posts, read 775,871 times
Quote:
Not sure because Pueblo easily has over 10 highrises.
Yeah - and all of them are old folks' communities.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:18 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
Not to mention dated-looking eye sores. I swear, given the era in which Colorado Springs shot up as a city they are fortunate they don't have a couple more hideous towers in the 14-18 story range downtown. Most high rises build in the 1960s and 1970s are just awful to look at. I'm not opposed to downtown Colorado Springs getting a facelift with a couple new towers, but visual appeal and street level vibrance is far more important to me than height. In my mind, Colorado Springs would be better off with a series of mixed-use buildings around 12-14 stories expanding the footprint of downtown.

Conceptually I feel the same way about Pueblo, though maybe not to the same degree regarding height. Pueblo doesn't have the epic backdrop Colorado Springs has, so a 20+ story tower won't be the visual obstruction it would be in Colorado Springs. Still, the goal should be infill and street-level vibe, not height.

Given the economic uncertainties both communities face, I highly doubt we'll see either add a structure of any significant height anytime soon.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
A highrise is still a highrise. I'm glad to have them as they still give Pueblo the highest building in southern Colorado at least with the number of stories.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Not to mention dated-looking eye sores. I swear, given the era in which Colorado Springs shot up as a city they are fortunate they don't have a couple more hideous towers in the 14-18 story range downtown. Most high rises build in the 1960s and 1970s are just awful to look at. I'm not opposed to downtown Colorado Springs getting a facelift with a couple new towers, but visual appeal and street level vibrance is far more important to me than height. In my mind, Colorado Springs would be better off with a series of mixed-use buildings around 12-14 stories expanding the footprint of downtown.

Conceptually I feel the same way about Pueblo, though maybe not to the same degree regarding height. Pueblo doesn't have the epic backdrop Colorado Springs has, so a 20+ story tower won't be the visual obstruction it would be in Colorado Springs. Still, the goal should be infill and street-level vibe, not height.

Given the economic uncertainties both communities face, I highly doubt we'll see either add a structure of any significant height anytime soon.
There is a handful of highrises pland around the expansion of the riverwalk but so far all under 12 stories. Howeve I wold not be surprised with how fast the economy is now growing that once the project gets started Pueblo would get one or two highrises taller then 16 stories in the financial district. That was the case before the economic collapse in the 80's caused those projects to be scrapped and Pueblo feels much like it did back then now.

In fact if you compare what is going on in downtown Pueblo versus downtown Colorado Springs I think there is more highrises in the actual planning stage here. Granted the early stages so anything can happen but it will be interesting to see the two downtowns in say 2020.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
There is a handful of highrises pland around the expansion of the riverwalk but so far all under 12 stories. Howeve I wold not be surprised with how fast the economy is now growing that once the project gets started Pueblo would get one or two highrises taller then 16 stories in the financial district. That was the case before the economic collapse in the 80's caused those projects to be scrapped and Pueblo feels much like it did back then now.

In fact if you compare what is going on in downtown Pueblo versus downtown Colorado Springs I think there is more highrises in the actual planning stage here. Granted the early stages so anything can happen but it will be interesting to see the two downtowns in say 2020.
And just as I made my statement earlier I came across a proposal for a tower of at least 30 stories and up to 100 for Colorado Springs. I expect and sincerely hope it's closer to 30.

What are some of the proposals for Pueblo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado