Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times

Advertisements

Pueblo faces challenges attracting companies | News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:37 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
I saw it. It's more of a puff peice because the 1/2 cent sales tax is due for a vote this year. Personally I am for it because if you compare Pueblo to other manufacturing or steel towns we are the only one at its peak population plus we have a newly designated CSA of 210,000. Not bad considering what happened in the 80's.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Sad that Pueblo once held a manufacturing facility for Delta II's that employed hundreds and the replacement is a small warehouse with a couple dozen employees at a cost of $2.5M in subsidies.

Oh well, it's a start and maybe we'll see ULA put something more substantial in place as they continue to bring services in-house. They mentioned that Pueblo Airport's space and lack of traffic might make for an ideal test facility for rocket engines.
Agreed it's just a start. It would be nice to see more aerospace companies move here.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Some good news out of Pueblo today as it looks like the old Alpha Beta Building will be the home of a new rail center that could employ close to 800 people.

The complex will become a light industrial business complex focused on attracting railroad industry companies such as design and consulting firms, railcar repair facilities and railroad parts manufacturers and distributors, he said. The property is near numerous rail lines.

Renovation work at the property is underway.

- See more at: Rail industry groups set sights on old Alpha | The Pueblo Chieftain
A update on the project!

The Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority on Tuesday approved tax increment financing support for 303 Industries, the company that recently launched a $30 million renovation of the old Alpha Beta meatpacking plant into space for rail industry services. The redevelopment project soon will become more visible to the public as crews will construct a nearly $500,000 stone fence around the property, Pueblo railway engineer Ryan McWilliams told Urban Renewal commissioners Tuesday.

- See more at: Alpha Beta project advances | The Pueblo Chieftain

Old 08-14-2015, 09:30 AM

346 posts, read 482,411 times
'bout time Pueblo chilis got some well deserved attention! Better than Hatch, IMO.
Colorado's chile farmers promote Pueblo green chiles - The Denver Post

Old 08-14-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
'bout time Pueblo chilis got some well deserved attention! Better than Hatch, IMO.
Colorado's chile farmers promote Pueblo green chiles - The Denver Post
Nice article. Thanks for posting it!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:35 PM

Talking Pueblo moves into a "seller's market"

Pueblo is now a sellers market and in my opinion shows that we are finally growing here as the good news keeps coming in.

I have said this before but when I think back to the mid 80's and the economic collapse we had Pueblo has more then met my expectations of where the city would be today.

This is from KOAA Pueblo/ Colorado Springs:

PUEBLO - Pueblo's real estate market on fire as realtors say it's now a "seller's market."

They say homes priced around the $200,000 range are selling much faster than usual. Showing signs of an improved economy and more people wanting to move to Pueblo.

"It's just been remarkable, we're into a really good recovery," Cris Salerno, Chair of the Pueblo Association of Realtors said.

The link: Pueblo moves into a "seller's market" - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Last edited by Josseppie; 08-20-2015 at 06:08 PM..

Old 08-23-2015, 05:38 PM

802 posts, read 984,096 times
Warner, Joel. The Silicon Valley of Marijuana (from print edition). High Country News, Aug. 17, 2015.

https://www.hcn.org/issues/47.14/the...y-of-marijuana

This journal, based in Paonia, CO, has some good research and writing which covers several western regions.
The article seems fairly well balanced. Personally, after spending hours grubbing out tall weeds around
Pueblo West, watching them grow along the roads and visiting rec shops, I just call it "weed town".
Sorry, librarians, I'm too lazy to construct a proper citation to the article. At my age, life is short.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
Warner, Joel. The Silicon Valley of Marijuana (from print edition). High Country News, Aug. 17, 2015.

https://www.hcn.org/issues/47.14/the...y-of-marijuana

This journal, based in Paonia, CO, has some good research and writing which covers several western regions.
The article seems fairly well balanced. Personally, after spending hours grubbing out tall weeds around
Pueblo West, watching them grow along the roads and visiting rec shops, I just call it "weed town".
Sorry, librarians, I'm too lazy to construct a proper citation to the article. At my age, life is short.
Thanks for posting.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 PM

After 4 years of planning Pueblo has a art space in downtown. I think this will be good for the city and art community.

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

A pair of retail buildings on the 100 block of South Grand Avenue will fulfill the Pueblo Arts Alliance’s four-year mission of opening a low-cost artist workspace in Downtown.

The nonprofit economic development group on Monday announced the acquisition of the former Fred’s Decorating and Betty’s Costume buildings as the site for more than 20 studios, retail stores and residential spaces for creative industry entrepreneurs and businesses

- See more at: Artspace: 4-year building quest succeeds | The Pueblo Chieftain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado