Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I saw and while some of it is true some of it just seems like a commercial for local restaurants. Bingo Buger and Hop Scotch Bakery really? They are ok and I have been to both but to say they are what Pueblo identifies with is odd at best.
Well keep in mind it is the perception of the writer. They may stand out to her and those in her circle more so than other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:43 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
... it is the perception of the writer. ....
Yes, eye of the beholder. Josseppie's Pueblo is the same yet fully different city than that seen by Ms. Orcutt, and if there are 100,000 people in Pueblo, there exists 100,000 versions of Pueblo. Make that 100,001 counting McGowDog.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes, eye of the beholder. Josseppie's Pueblo is the same yet fully different city than that seen by Ms. Orcutt, and if there are 100,000 people in Pueblo, there exists 100,000 versions of Pueblo. Make that 100,001 counting McGowDog.
Come now, Mike, it need not be said Joss experiences a MUCH different Pueblo than most do!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:58 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
^

I get the point you two made. However I think if you are going to look at Pueblo restaurants they need to be the iconic ones Pueblo is known for like the slopper that was on Food Wars. Those two are nothing speacial and do not stand out among the restaurants in Pueblo. Then if you look at the one of the steel mill that is not even a picture of Rocky Mountain Steel. I am not even sure what it is.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
^

I get the point you two made. However I think if you are going to look at Pueblo restaurants they need to be the iconic ones Pueblo is known for like the slopper that was on Food Wars. Those two are nothing speacial and do not stand out among the restaurants in Pueblo. Then if you look at the one of the steel mill that is not even a picture of Rocky Mountain Steel. I am not even sure what it is.
That doesn't make it any more "iconic" just because it was on a TV show. Businesses audition to be featured on shows like that. It boosts their profile and probably will result in some additional business that otherwise wouldn't come in*, but I wouldn't consider it any more iconic just because it was on a TV show. We're talking restaurants, so perception is reality. You perceive one place better than another, but that is by no means definitive. The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty are truly iconic. Their images or mention of their name brings all things New York to mind.

* I once saw a place called Oklahoma Joe's on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, or whatever that show was called. It is a small BBQ joint built in the garage bay of a gas station in what I consider a pretty run down neighborhood in Kansas City. I was passing through KC a few months later and made it a point to stop there. It was worth the trip, and worth the hour(+) long wait in line. I shelled out for some extra brisket so I'd have something for dinner that night!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:00 PM

I was referring to the slopper not really the restaurant.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 PM

97 posts, read 193,437 times
Anyone have an update as to where they are in the planning/building process of Pueblo Springs Ranch? Is it becoming a reality yet? Or is it still a ways off?

Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcar12 View Post
Anyone have an update as to where they are in the planning/building process of Pueblo Springs Ranch? Is it becoming a reality yet? Or is it still a ways off?
I wouldn't buy a plot just yet, if that's what you're asking.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:57 PM

Last I heard its still on track and the developers (all from out of state) are determined to have it happen. Pueblo's unemployment has been dropping (below 8% now) so hopefully we will see some action on it this year but who knows.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM

If anyone has ever heard of the Onion is a satire newspaper. They had this article on Colorado and Pueblo. I know on the face of it what they wrote looks bad but its a joke. If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Honestly I have been laughing since I first read it. At least they know Pueblo is a metro area!

This is from the Onion:

Obama Has Colorado Appraised

Obama added that to boost the state’s value even higher, the nation might want to consider upgrading some infrastructure and completely gutting the Pueblo metro area.

The link: Obama Has Colorado Appraised | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

P.S. If the Obama administration would want to give the Pueblo metro area about 1 trillion dollars to completely gut the city and start over I would be ok with it.

Last edited by Josseppie; 08-14-2014 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado