Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 08:10 PM

265 posts, read 873,484 times

Advertisements

The general Pueblo/Pueblo West area was on my list for possible retirement relocation. However, afer reading about the plan to add another 200,000 people to the area, think I will pass.

Originally I was considering Colorado Springs, but after visiting the area after the growth spirt, am so glad I passed on that area. Now looks like I am back to my other choice of Canon City area as the best for me.

Also am looking at southern New Mexico area around Ruidoso for possible retirement.

Too bad that Pueblo is going the whole hog expansion similar to the northern CO front range cities such as Denver. Guess it was bound to happen.

Perhaps its time to look further south into the Walsenburg/Trinidad area. Or is it time to just write Colorado off the map. Too many people/too many problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:16 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james57 View Post
The general Pueblo/Pueblo West area was on my list for possible retirement relocation. However, afer reading about the plan to add another 200,000 people to the area, think I will pass.

Originally I was considering Colorado Springs, but after visiting the area after the growth spirt, am so glad I passed on that area. Now looks like I am back to my other choice of Canon City area as the best for me.

Also am looking at southern New Mexico area around Ruidoso for possible retirement.

Too bad that Pueblo is going the whole hog expansion similar to the northern CO front range cities such as Denver. Guess it was bound to happen.

Perhaps its time to look further south into the Walsenburg/Trinidad area. Or is it time to just write Colorado off the map. Too many people/too many problems.
James, look in Northern NM, about 50 miles below the COLO line, along I-25, lots of great rolling hills and wide open spaces.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
James,

Some possibly Colorado suggestions are Durango and Grand Junction. Both on the western slope, not big cities and very nice......

Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Exclamation We might as well cede to Pueblo

This was in the Colorado Springs Business Journal. I posted it in the Colorado Springs thread but since some people who might want to read this might not see it in the Springs sub forum I decided to post it here too:

"More and more, I am thinking about re-opening the Pueblo Business Journal and moving to Pueblo. They understand economic development."

The link: http://csbj.com/2009/04/10/we-might-as-well-cede-to-pueblo/

Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 AM

There were many articles in todays Pueblo Chieftain of note so I decided to post part of them here:

First this is good news for the job market:

The Pentagon’s budget request, due to be made public today, reportedly will ask for a major increase in funding for chemical demilitarization projects in Pueblo and Lexington, Ky., in order to meet a new deadline imposed by Congress.

According to unofficial comments, the Pentagon will ask for $550.4 million in next year’s budget, up from the $300.4 million originally expected.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...d241902317.txt

This will put more money in the economy now and then get the project done faster so we can use the land for re development. Already we are going to get the worlds largest solar plant there and this will not interfere with that.

It looks like people like the pick for chancellor of the CSU system:

From lawmakers and board members to CSU-Pueblo student leaders who were polled, most said they are pleased with the appointment of Blake but are concerned about how the search process was conducted

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...8268578645.txt

He also said he will be down to Pueblo soon and I will let you know how it goes. So far I am pleased and think it will be good for CSU Pueblo that we have a separate chancellor like the CU system.

Finally, this was the editorial about CSU Pueblo so I thought I would post it.

Good shape

STUDENT ENROLLMENT growth at Colorado State University-Pueblo has the institution in better financial shape than its sister campus in Fort Collins. CSU-Pueblo this year has 11 percent more students, boosted in large measure by an impressive 65 percent increase in freshmen. This has meant the Pueblo university is having to add to its faculty.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/05/07/editorial/doc4a026416ad73b007154397.txt

Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM

Exclamation New retail area under way

This is the Pinion Ridge Business park, that is in between Pueblo and the 1,200 acer Serento development that should start by 4th quarter. I find it amazing how many hotels Pueblo keeps getting, even in this recession.

The business district along north Interstate 25 will soon see another growth spurt.

Infrastructure work recently began on the new Pinon Ridge commercial development near the Eden interchange. The area is north of the Pueblo Crossing Shopping Center.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/05/08/business/local/doc4a03a0c8270d0371838653.txt

Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 PM

162 posts, read 631,084 times
Smile 6 New Hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is the Pinion Ridge Business park, that is in between Pueblo and the 1,200 acer Serento development that should start by 4th quarter. I find it amazing how many hotels Pueblo keeps getting, even in this recession.

The business district along north Interstate 25 will soon see another growth spurt.

Infrastructure work recently began on the new Pinon Ridge commercial development near the Eden interchange. The area is north of the Pueblo Crossing Shopping Center.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/05/08/business/local/doc4a03a0c8270d0371838653.txt
Durring this Recessio, two new hotels, one under consuction, two planned, and one durring planning!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 13,437 times
Default moving to colorado

you seem to know alot about pueblo, we were thinking of moving to avondale. i really like what i read about it.
what do you know about avondale ?

thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petuniababee View Post
you seem to know alot about pueblo, we were thinking of moving to avondale. i really like what i read about it.
what do you know about avondale ?

thanks
Avondale is a suburb east if Pueblo. It is more rural as there is a lot of farming in the area. Highway 50 is the main road that runs through there. It is a very nice area and people seem to like living there. If you have any specific questions I would be more then happy to answer them.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 AM

28 posts, read 76,421 times
What in the world happened to wake up Pueblo??? Before we left in 2005, there was squabbling and backbiting - didn't seem to want to grow. Wanted the Walmart Distribution center in the industrial park that was drying up due to businesses leaving - Walmart wanted the DC in Pueblo West and those people shut it down completely - so Walmart went to Wyoming. The businesses downtown didn't want anything new or to change at all. I tried to get something going to block off streets and put in sidewalk cafes, etc. The businesses I talked to said "NO", their customers wanted to be able to park in front of the stores. Seemed like a totally closed minded bunch of folks.
I'm really glad, though, that somebody woke up to smell the coffee (also the money). The people I spoke with just thought the only way was to keep things the same way. Maybe we'll get out there sometime. Our son & dil usually just fly into Tulsa to visit us. Thanks for all your info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado