Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 08:10 AM

2,887 posts, read 7,139,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Me, too. he's trying to apply peer pressure to the idiots who are oblivious to the consequences of their actions and party on.
I agree. I've been wondering though, about his request that we grocery shop only once a week - what about when we don't find all that we need for the week, either because the shelves are empty or the store is limiting the amount we can buy? Or, that it will look like we're hoarding. I hope he's not suggesting that we don't make another trip to the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,303,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
I agree. I've been wondering though, about his request that we grocery shop only once a week - what about when we don't find all that we need for the week, either because the shelves are empty or the store is limiting the amount we can buy? Or, that it will look like we're hoarding. I hope he's not suggesting that we don't make another trip to the grocery store.
I was wondering the same thing.

Perhaps he's suggesting that based on the fact that the shelves will fill back up in the near future. The selfish idiots who bought a year's supply of toilet paper, won't be back for more any time soon.

On a positive note, in my condo building, there's a "book swap" shelf by our mailboxes. There are now some cans of soup and rolls of toilet paper there.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:44 AM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Just discovered that DIA canceled 550 flights today! Link plus more updates below.
https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/23/color...es-and-more-8/

Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 AM

686 posts, read 1,102,522 times
Quote:
I think it is a ridiculous request for all the reasons you give. It lends to hoarding if nothing else, but what I have found is that it is very hard to find everything you are looking for in a once a week trip to the grocery because of spotty stocking, hoarders, etc. Plus, I am not about to let my supply of food run down to zero...so I will go to the store as often, but only as often, as I need to do to have food on hand.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Just discovered that DIA canceled 550 flights today! Link plus more updates below.
https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/23/color...es-and-more-8/
Oh my...thank you...too soon for another rep, m'dear.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I am listening to his tv cast. I really like his approach. He is emphasizing testing, social distancing and getting the medical system prepared.
Oh, I agree, he said many great things. I should have said that.
If anyone says to me, "You WILL trip on that path."
I'm all, ''I beg your pardon?''
Words hold so much power....''We are likely to, I'm afraid'' is so much diff then "We WILL".
Hey, 26 years living with a psycho therapist, LCSW...what can I say, not my fault I watch my words!@!!!

Old 03-23-2020, 11:21 AM

Might be of interest:

The following is a communication that the Division of Professions and Occupations at DORA is distributing on behalf of Colorado Governor Jared Polis. Please note, DORA is not currently accepting or distributing these items, and all contributions as well as requests for PPE will need to adhere to the instructions outlined in the Governor's letter, below.
Thank you for all you are doing in our state's time of need. Respectfully, Ronne Hines
Director, Division of Professions and Occupations

A Letter to Colorado Healthcare and Health Services Professionals from Governor Jared Polis

As the State of Colorado comes together to respond to Conoravirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) we are faced with a shortage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our health care workforce. As you know from your own experience, without this protection, our health care workforce is unable to perform their critical duties and our health care system can not operate at the capacity we need in this crisis.
Today, I am reaching out to you because I need your help to save the lives of our fellow Coloradans. I am requesting that you review all of the PPE in stock in your offices.
Specifically, we are looking for information regarding the quantity of the following pieces of equipment:
  • Eye protection and goggles
  • Face shields
  • Surgical masks - with shields
  • Surgical masks - without shields
  • N95 masks
  • Non-sterile gloves
  • Sterile gloves
  • Disposable gowns
  • Biohazard bags
  • Anesthesia machines
  • Ventilators, whether in use for medical care, animal care, or research.
I am asking for you to keep the bare minimum amount of supply you need to conduct essential or life saving functions, and contribute the remainder to our state's COVID19 response.
If you have small quantities of supplies to contribute, between 1-25 boxes of personal protective equipment (i.e., six boxes of protective eye glasses) we ask that you donate these supplies to your local public health department, local community health center, community clinic, or local hospital.
If you have more than 25 boxes, or the pieces of larger equipment such as anesthesia machines or ventilators, we ask that you fill out THIS FORM, so we can determine if these items are needed in our state’s emergency supply. Once we receive your form entry, we will follow up with you to determine next steps. Please complete THIS FORM by Friday, March 27 at noon. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this request. Working together, we can get through this crisis.
If you have questions about this request please reach email PPE@state.co.us . Sincerely,Jared Polis Governor

Old 03-23-2020, 04:49 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,139,514 times
Mayor Hancock announces a stay at home order for city of Denver. Shutting down liquor stores, pot shops, and more. Denver stay at home order

Quote:
Denver at 5 p.m. Tuesday will become the first Colorado city to enforce a "stay-at-home" order, requiring non-essential businesses to shut down and further wreaking economic havoc in what Mayor Michael Hancock said he hopes is a short-term step. The order lasts until April 10.

Hancock on Friday had said he did not want to take unilateral action, preferring a statewide or at least regional solution. But after a weekend in which Denverites appeared to organize volleyball and basketball games in parks, he felt the state’s most populous city had no other choice in order to stem the quick spread of the disease.

Among the businesses that will be forced to shut down now are breweries, liquor stores and recreational marijuana shops. Grocery stores, stores and clinics where people get medical supplies and restaurants — both those offering takeout and delivery — will be among those places that are exempt from the order. . .
Edit to add: A reprieve - they've just announced that liquor stores and dispensaries will be able to stay open, as long as social distancing is maintained.

Last edited by suzco; 03-23-2020 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Added the reprieve

Old 03-23-2020, 06:22 PM

753 posts, read 1,105,913 times
Quote:
It's been taking me some trial and error on this, too, but I've figured out that I need to keep a couple weeks' extra supplies on hand, put in my grocery delivery order almost a week in advance instead of waiting until the last minute to try to get a slot, and order extra stuff on the assumption they will be out of some things. I used to normally shop twice a week to get fresh baked goods, now I just buy twice as much at once and put half of it in the freezer right away.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:45 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Quote:
Mayor Hancock announces a stay at home order for city of Denver. Shutting down liquor stores, pot shops, and more. Denver stay at home order

Edit to add: A reprieve - they've just announced that liquor stores and dispensaries will be able to stay open, as long as social distancing is maintained.
Well, as long as the ESSENTIAL businesses are left open!

Why not gun shops or video stores, while he's at it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado