Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 05:51 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,193,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
Well, that wasn't the point - the point is why and how are these people getting tested,
Because they are rich. Rich will always get access over us common folk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 06:27 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
Well, that wasn't the point - the point is why and how are these people getting tested, when the rest of us are in a frightening state of limbo (simply because we're not rich and famous) trying not to get sick.

"because of the risks of potentially exposing everyone on set, they were able to get tested". This is not only happening on movie sets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
yes, I agree that having money gives you access to things, and at least for some of the public figures, even more money was at stake. So if I were a movie producer deciding whether to shut down a movie set which could literally cost me millions, I'd spend what I needed to for access to a test. Is it fair? No, but it's reality

And having said that, different countries, even different states, have different degrees of difficulty in terms of accessing a test. Someone in a social group I'm in shared that she tested positive, even though her symptoms were minimal. She happens to live in a state where testing is more readily available, hers was done routinely through her doctor's office, no expenditure of extra money required

Old 03-21-2020, 11:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,114,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Well, I've actually been debating letting the gray take over....guess the decision's been made for me!

Though I have been looking at those hair color conditioners and thinking they looked like fun. Could be the time to experiment with some of those colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Like blue or green? I could try that! Would probably make a big mess of things.
I want this. I mean, if it turned out awful; who would know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
As I suppose should be expected here in Colorado, we not only have to worry about crowds in grocery stores.

Colorado parks and trails fill up as coronavirus leads to cabin fever
I searched out trails in Garden of the Gods on Wednesday & they were slammed. Crowds of people who did not appear to be locals (it's a Springs thing). Since I have a handicapped placard for my son I was able to find some open AND empty space to get son out into the fresh air & sunshine.

On Thursday we set off on foot from home which is right in the middle of town. I walked him for 3 miles. The sidewalks & trails were empty except for a few bicyclists who whizzed on by. The golf course was packed with older men who appeared unconcerned but we were alone. More alone in the middle of everything than we were in a huge, wild & rambling park on the edge of National Forest.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:25 PM

830 posts, read 745,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I did read that they are struggling to buy personal ventilators and set up ICUs in their mansions though. I'm sure they'd still get special treatment at a hospital.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Anybody notice the wording Gov. Polis has been using all along? In the 5 pm news cast going
on now, instead of saying, for example-
We are fully prepared, but certainly hope all Counties in the state do not get effected...but
we are ready. If we don't follow this instructions we may be facing a huge epidemic.
We have to work together for that not to happen

No -he has said all along ...WE WILL have 1000s effected...ALL 60+ counties WILL be effected.
Huh?

Who talks like that? I'm not a dreamer, but I don't say, 'I WILL get Covid, each County WILL get it.
1000s WILL get it'.

Hey, maybe they/we will...but, who says that as a leader to already scared people?
Just commenting, I'm not used to that.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,349 times
Colorado is doing it's part to balance the US trade/virus gap with Mexico...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...us/ar-BB11uedL

Old 03-22-2020, 05:53 PM

19,828 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anybody notice the wording Gov. Polis has been using all along? In the 5 pm news cast going
We are fully prepared, but certainly hope all Counties in the state do not get effected...but
we are ready. If we don't follow this instructions we may be facing a huge epidemic.

No -he has said all along ...WE WILL have 1000s effected...ALL 60+ counties WILL be effected.
Huh?

Who talks like that? I'm not a dreamer, but I don't say, 'I WILL get Covid, each County WILL get it.
1000s WILL get it'.

Hey, maybe they/we will...but, who says that as a leader to already scared people?
I think he is saying it because judging from many of the posts I read here on City Data, MANY people are not taking it seriously and/or thinking that it will not affect them personally.

And, yes, I hope I am wrong (of course), but I think thousands of people will get it in Colorado, and I would be surprised if any county has no one becoming seriously ill from it.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:15 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,061,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Huh?

1000s WILL get it'.

I am listening to his tv cast. I really like his approach. He is emphasizing testing, social distancing and getting the medical system prepared.

The problem is we are not prepared so that part of your requested message would be a lie if he said it. He is modeling Colorado's response after the successful efforts in Korea and Taiwan. I love the fact that Colorado is taking an educated approach to this (as much as they are able with what is known and not known).

He would also be lying if he said most people won't get it. They will, based on everything we are seeing around the world. It is really that contageous. And he needs to emphasize it because alot of people don't believe it. I see it on Nextdoor and here also. They are the ones who are going to cause the medical system to crash so he is talking directly to them.

The fearful who are staying home and taking precautions are at the least risk and don't need any more warnings but it is really hard for people to change their habits and alot of people feel it won't affect them so aren't taking precaustions so he needs to talk to those people.

Alot of people who live in counties that don't have it probably just haven't had access to testing yet. And alot probably don't have big medical facilities to handle the epidemic. So he is trying to emphasize that everyone needs to take precautions. They can't take comfort in the fact that it hasn't been tested there yet when the testing has been so hard to get but many will and won't change their habits until testing becomes more widespread and then it may have already spread. He is trying to head off a disaster in those counties also.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:33 PM

4,035 posts, read 2,722,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I want this. I mean, if it turned out awful; who would know?

I would *love* this shade! My hair's too dark right now for that to work, but if the gray takes over, who knows? I have a friend who went gray, and she's been playing with this, and the effects are stunning.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:40 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,303,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I really like his approach. He is emphasizing testing, social distancing and getting the medical system prepared.
Me, too. he's trying to apply peer pressure to the idiots who are oblivious to the consequences of their actions and party on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado