Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 07:23 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,303,754 times

Advertisements

On the Today show this morning, the Surgeon General said the mortality rate in S. Korea is 0.7%. S. Korea has done much more testing, and the second derivative of new cases is currently negative. For those not calculus-literate, here's an analogy to explain second derivative - acceleration is the second derivative of distance (velocity being the first derivative).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 09:48 AM

26,229 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Stop it, you're hurting my head....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:04 AM

753 posts, read 1,105,913 times
As we all try to make adjustments for the new "social distancing" lifestyle....

Has Walmart effectively discontinued grocery pickup/delivery services? Their web site lets you fill up a cart and is advertising a monthly subscription for free delivery, but they've never have any slots for either pickup or delivery available at any of the local stores (I'm in COS close to the 8th St store) at any time since I started checking a few days ago. It seems weird that they would not have any explanation of what is going on posted on their order site, and in particular it seems like a total scam that they are inviting people to subscribe to a delivery service that doesn't actually exist.

My last King Soopers delivery went smoothly although they were backed up a couple days on time slots, so I'm not hurting for supplies (yet). Only a couple items in my order were not in stock and the shopper provided adequate substitutions. It looks like they are aggressively trying to hire people, too.

I saw a news article somewhere yesterday that in some places the supermarket chains are planning to set up "dark stores" that are used exclusively for filling online orders and are not open to the public. That seems like a really good idea to protect the health of the employees performing this essential service.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:47 AM

6,825 posts, read 10,531,747 times
I don't think they suspended, they're just busy. I've had Safeway delivery and had to wait a bit longer than normal for a slot but could still get one. I asked him how busy things are and he said delivery is the same because there's only so many slots they can fill in a day and then that's it, but the pick-up people were totally overwhelmed.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:09 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
New (or at least to me!) GREAT website showing breakdown of Colorado cases. MANY surprises!!

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data

Old 03-18-2020, 03:31 PM

830 posts, read 745,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
New (or at least to me!) GREAT website showing breakdown of Colorado cases. MANY surprises!!

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data
I can't get it to load. It says the website may be slow due to how busy it is, lol.

What are the surprises?

*NVM - it loaded.

Old 03-18-2020, 04:44 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,863,098 times
Default Message from Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
As we all try to make adjustments for the new "social distancing" lifestyle....

Has Walmart effectively discontinued grocery pickup/delivery services? Their web site lets you fill up a cart and is advertising a monthly subscription for free delivery, but they've never have any slots for either pickup or delivery available at any of the local stores (I'm in COS close to the 8th St store) at any time since I started checking a few days ago. It seems weird that they would not have any explanation of what is going on posted on their order site, and in particular it seems like a total scam that they are inviting people to subscribe to a delivery service that doesn't actually exist.

My last King Soopers delivery went smoothly although they were backed up a couple days on time slots, so I'm not hurting for supplies (yet). Only a couple items in my order were not in stock and the shopper provided adequate substitutions. It looks like they are aggressively trying to hire people, too.

I saw a news article somewhere yesterday that in some places the supermarket chains are planning to set up "dark stores" that are used exclusively for filling online orders and are not open to the public. That seems like a really good idea to protect the health of the employees performing this essential service.

I received this email from Walmart yesterday:

"As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we know it’s top-of-mind for you. We see it in the items you’re buying and hear it in the conversations we’re having in our stores. Please be assured we’re working as hard as we can to take care of you and your family.

As the situation continues to change, we’re taking action to better serve you.

Associate support
Your health and our associates’ health is our top priority. We’ve asked any associate who feels unwell to stay home, and we’ve set a new policy to support any associate who may be affected by the virus—including paid leave for any associate who needs to self-quarantine.

Store hours & sanitation
We’re taking extra measures to ensure a clean and healthy environment in our stores. We’re dedicating associates in every store to sanitize high-traffic, high-touch areas, like registers and shopping carts.

To better support our associates and serve you, we’ve adjusted our operating hours. As of Sunday, March 15, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets have reduced hours to help ensure associates are able to stock the products our customers are looking for and to sanitize the stores. As such, pickup & delivery hours for all stores will be shortened as well. Check the store finder on our site or app to verify your local store’s pickup & delivery hours.

No-contact pickup & delivery
To help protect you and our associates during pickup, you may ask the associate to sign for the order on your behalf. This means you do not have to touch the associate’s keypad to accept your order.

For delivery orders, drivers will practice social distancing when picking up your order at the store. The driver will stay in the car while the pickup associate loads the order into the driver’s vehicle.

In addition, no-contact delivery to your home will be available next week. Through this option, you can authorize the driver to leave the order at your door, and you won’t need to sign on the driver’s phone to accept your order.

Available inventory
We’ve seen a significant increase in demand for products such as paper goods and cleaning supplies. As we work to replenish these items as fast as possible, we’ll limit the quantity that can be ordered to ensure as many customers as possible have access to these items.

When we see items run out at the store, we’ll temporarily remove them from the website to ensure we’re accurately reflecting what is available.

Ordering ahead
To help ensure we can get you the items you ordered, we’ve shortened the time frame you can order ahead to two days (i.e., today and tomorrow). If your nearby Walmart does not have available times to place an order, please continue to check back with us—new time slots open up every morning.

Order delays & cancellations
Due to high demand, our pickup & delivery service may experience order delays, cancellations, or higher wait times during pickup. We’ll stay in contact with you over email, text message, website, and mobile app to alert you of any potential delays or increased wait times at your store.

We ask that you provide your phone number during checkout to ensure that you receive important updates about your order. In addition, we recommend that you use the mobile app to check-in on your way to the store and enter your parking spot number once you arrive. This will help reduce wait times for everyone.

Lastly, please be assured we are actively monitoring the situation with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our Chief Medical Officer, and we will adjust our policies as conditions change. You may learn more about our efforts here.

Please be well and stay safe.

Thank you,
Walmart"

Old 03-18-2020, 06:52 PM

The number of companies sending "we're here to help you emails" is ridiculous. I even got one from an online bank I have a money market fund with.

The one I'm still waiting for is a new cancellation policy from Ramada. I have a prepaid, non-refundable reservation at the Ramada at DIA in early April, for a trip to Japan that was cancelled (flight was to leave at 6 AM, so figured I'd spend the night by the airport).

Old 03-18-2020, 08:42 PM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
The biggest SHOCK to come out from this Corona Virus stuff IMHO is the realization of just how much of our CRITICAL industries are controlled by CHINA. I believe it was reported on CNN that over 90% of the pharmaceutical ingredients we need in the USA come from China. Really scary is the fact that a huge part of our military equipment is coming from foreign sources. Darwin may have been right in his theory of the SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. How is it that the country that put Men on the moon in the 1960s can be so F^^^^^^g stupid now?
I have to agree with you there, that is really stupid.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:53 PM

Hey Mike fbe - I think I have to wipe down my monitor now. I see a virus in the upper right corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado