Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 01:41 PM

277 posts, read 436,275 times

Advertisements

I use the ECU student recreation center myself. Love the track and pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 05:05 PM

12 posts, read 18,108 times
Me too - very nice facility no doubt!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:21 AM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I don't know if this has been posted here but Fit for Life Gym is opening a third location in the strip mall by the new Walmart on 10th and Portertown. They already have one off of Evans and another in Apex, NC. I just ran into, I think, the owner last night loading up on flat screens for the new place and he said they're hoping to opening around the 15th of August! The new place is taking up a full three suites, which I think will be over 5000 sq/ft. I've been in their Evan's St location and it was very nice. It should help bring some more good quality traffic to that area.

That will leave only one open suite between the Pizza Hut and Tobacco store. Hopefully they'll be some higher end stand alone restaurants in the open fields closer to Porter Town Rd in the not too distant future. I wonder if they'll expand the current strip to be longer. It looks like they have it prepped to do that but with the Mexican restaraunt having out door seating on the side of the building I doubt they'll be able to connect it to the strip so maybe just a free standing place or another small set of suites.

I'm surprised that more people aren't filling in the strip that I'm in near the Food Lion in the same location. It's not really any harder to get into that parking lot than the other strip and the rent is WAY cheaper with great landlords. Plus since Food Lion's huge investment in remodeling they seem to be doing well. I don't think they've lost that much business compared to what they normally do when Walmart moves in. It seems like there is just more traffic not that it has all been diverted.

I do know that Allstate Insurance is remodeling the suite on the end that was a sweepstakes near Food Lion. Maybe it's just the drive by traffic visibility that creates more traffic to that strip? Either way, with the continued growth, I'm sure both areas will continue to fill up. I think that it's going to be a much more stable commercial area than where the old Walmart is, especially if they do end up closing. It seems like most of Greenville suffers from high commercial turn over unless it is fast food or chain restaurants.
Thanks for sharing. And yes, you are right about the strip! The website has that area titled future development.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:33 AM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
Just saw a "Marabella's coming soon" sign in front of the old silver cafe on Firetower by Sam's. Not sure if it's going in that building or somewhere near it but it looks like Marabella's is going to have another location. This is both great and terrible news. Having late ours and Marabella's being open on the drive home is not going to be good for the waistline.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times
Not sure if this has been posted here but I was told today that The Boundary, despite being 100% rented will only be 75% complete at the start of school and they have been holding hotel rooms for the 25%. Has anyone else heard this? I didn't think it looked like it was going to be all done in time.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
New restaurants expected to come to Greenville | WNCT

Red Robin planning to build a location in the Greenville Grande shopping center.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:32 PM

12 posts, read 18,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
Not sure if this has been posted here but I was told today that The Boundary, despite being 100% rented will only be 75% complete at the start of school and they have been holding hotel rooms for the 25%. Has anyone else heard this? I didn't think it looked like it was going to be all done in time.
I passed the Boundary today - and though it is quite impressive I cannot see how it can be finished by the start of the semester. On the other hand - the Belk dorms are much further along and looking very nice themselves.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:37 PM

13 posts, read 19,174 times
As I was driving home from work I noticed some work being done to the outside of the vacant building on the corner of 10th street and 5th street. I can't remember what the name was, but it used to be a seafood restaurant that went out of business. Was wondering if anyone knew if anything was in the works for that building.

Also, went into the mall this weekend and noticed that the space the old Verizon cell phone place used to be has begun construction. Still no signage giving any hints to what it will become.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:29 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Not sure if I have the name correct (I was turning right when I noticed the sign), but the former Boli's/Varsity Club downtown will soon be a place call Blackened Cracken (or Kracken or some such??).

Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
The 'Boundary' says they will open on time.

“The Boundary” will open on time according to property manager | WNCT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina