Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 12:17 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
This development would make a great spot for Publix. In a different thread in the Coastal forum, Someone just announced that a 45,0000 sq ft Publix is coming to Wilmington. This development would be a good fit since there aren't many grocery stores in that particular area of Greenville/Winterville.

Wish there was more space on one end of this development for a new Target. 50,000 sq ft won't cut it.
If a grocery goes into one of the 50K stores, what would go into the other? A furniture store or a replacement location for an already existing store like Office Depot or Dunham's? Unless the developers have two major tenants already in place, I think they're better of planning for only one large store, with one (or maybe two?) 20k stores. It's very hard to find large scale tenants (How long were Circuit City and Home Depot empty?), so this plan seems risky.

Of course, they could just open the largest mattress store/frozen yogurt shop on the east coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 10:56 AM

111 posts, read 148,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix has confirmed its first store in Wilmington, Publix at Pine Valley ("Publix to open in Wilmington"). As Ogden Market Place has received the necessary zoning approval from the City of Wilmington, it remains to be see if it will be the location of Publix's second Wilmington store.

Publix has opened several new stores that are 45,600 or 49,098 square feet or larger. Some new stores have pharmacy drive through.

Thalhimer does have one retail center anchored by Publix, store 459, Saint James Shopping Center, 208 Saint James Avenue Suite C, Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445-2994.

Publix would succeed in Greenville and Pitt County.
Publix is already being constructed in New Bern. Not sure they would want two stores that close.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,789 times
45 Miles between Publix stores is not close. Also, Greenville does not have several big box stores, like Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sports Authority, hh gregg, Conn's Home Plus, Cost Plus World Market, etc. So it may not have a supermarket anchor at all.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:59 AM

6 posts, read 7,021 times
Does anyone know who the contractor is going to be on the new Wal-Mart Supercenter #7277 @ Station House Road?

Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM

181 posts, read 241,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstjohn View Post
Does anyone know who the contractor is going to be on the new Wal-Mart Supercenter #7277 @ Station House Road?
JA Fielden Co., Inc.

http://134.ldiline.com/home.cfm?id=185034

Old 08-15-2015, 11:01 PM

155 posts, read 235,326 times
Greenville can do better, but I view Red Robin as a bit more upscale of a chain eatery than some we have here. There was a time 20 years ago Greenville couldn't have paid to bring a RR here. As long as we're moving forward, that's progress.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:33 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
Greenville can do better, but I view Red Robin as a bit more upscale of a chain eatery than some we have here. There was a time 20 years ago Greenville couldn't have paid to bring a RR here. As long as we're moving forward, that's progress.
Red Robin doesn't seem like an upscale eatery in my opinion, but with them coming to Greenville shows the demographics have shifted in favor of opening their restaurant there. As I've said time and time again in the past, Greenville has enough jobs from enough restaurants and retail, but I'm glad Greenville is now seeking more "high-paying positions."

Old 08-16-2015, 02:27 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,734,458 times
Red Robin prices are certainly upscale!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:41 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Red Robin prices are certainly upscale!
I don't know, I guess living in the DC Metropolitan area my definition of expensive/upscale has changed. Hell, I love the Cheesecake Factory and especially their Cheesecakes, but I don't even consider them to be "upscale" anymore but more or less to be a more pricey option (at least regarding their meals) that doesn't meet up to their food quality. At Red Robin one may get a burger for less than $15, that's priced relative to other burgers in Greenville, but upscale is stretch. I know one thing for sure, I could go for one of those good ol' Bubba's Burgers right now, I wish we had that up here because it's better than most places I've tried and far less expensive.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:20 PM

111 posts, read 148,854 times
I asked this a while back but since the Boundary project downtown just opened, does anyone know what retail tenants they plan to have on the first level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina