Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 04:22 PM

232 posts, read 475,091 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised greenville will be the first city in north carolina to have a HuHot. Awesome though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 06:34 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchc08 View Post
Is it true that Dave and Busters is going into the old Circuit City?
I'm not sure the amount of parking available in front of the Circuit City building could handle large crowds.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 PM

286 posts, read 653,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I'm not sure the amount of parking available in front of the Circuit City building could handle large crowds.
Neither could the area around the Ale House, but it has worked out.

There's also a bit of parking next to the Circuit City that a lot of people forget about.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Neither could the area around the Ale House, but it has worked out.

There's also a bit of parking next to the Circuit City that a lot of people forget about.
I know about the side parking lot - employees have to park too. I'd say the Ale House might have a bit more parking, but definitely not as awkward as the Circuit City lot - in terms of high volume traffic flow so near the already difficult entrance on Greenville Blvd.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I'd say the Ale House might have a bit more parking, but definitely not as awkward as the Circuit City lot - in terms of high volume traffic flow so near the already difficult entrance on Greenville Blvd.
I have never, in my entire life, seen such goofy parking lots are there are in Greenville.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Someone needs to create they're own business similar to Dave & Busters, because Dave & Busters only opens in large markets (one million residents and over, and having one million residents doesn't guarantee that they are interested in the marker, it's more complex). A developer could renovate the Old Steve & Berry's and make it into a very nice, large attraction. It's already close to ECU, it's at the mall (obviously), the demographics surrounding it are excellent, and imagine how much money they could make on Gameday. Most of Greenville restaurants are nearby also, so after you eat you could go there. Maybe it could have Laser Tag, A few games, Indoor putt-putt, and etc. It's 54,000 sq ft so a lot could be done with it, but the cost to renovate it would be very high. They even have room for a little go-cart track beside Belk & that space, it could work out if you ask me.

What I would like to see in Greenville is a decent music recording studio, we surprisingly have a lot more musicians than some would suspect. That wouldn't cost too much money either, at least I don't think it would be.

Huhot seems like it will be ok, but as someone else said I'll stick with Mongolian Empire. It's delicious and it's prices aren't really that bad.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Yeah, I can't see a Dave & Busters in Greenville. Only one in the state is in Concord. They don't even have one in the Triad or the Triangle.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Yeah, I can't see a Dave & Busters in Greenville. Only one in the state is in Concord. They don't even have one in the Triad or the Triangle.
There is A LOT of entertainment competition there. Here, not so much. Not sure if that matters though, but I would think so when doing a SWOT analysis.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 AM

32 posts, read 158,075 times
They're planning to build a Dave & Buster's in Jacksonville, NC (about time!) why they wouldn't have one here in Greenville is beyond me...I see a lot of potential for this city, why hasn't it grown more than what it has?

Old 11-23-2011, 10:04 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Can you show me where you got that information because I seriously doubt it. (no disrespect) It's just that Charlotte area is the only one in the state with a D&B, why would they choose Jacksonville for a new location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina