Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk_md View Post
That place next to Ruby Tuesday's is really gonna be mattress store? I know I read that here previously, but I was hoping it was an unfounded rumor...
Part of that building will be the mattress store, and a small part will be a sandwich restaurant.
I believe its called Which wich sandwich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Another "update" with the Georgetown Commons project
Uptown Greenville demolition underway - WNCT | 9 On Your Side Greenville NC & Eastern NC News

Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
"They will also build a 4 story parking deck in the area". Is this is a reference to the future parking deck at 4th and Cotanche?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
"They will also build a 4 story parking deck in the area". Is this is a reference to the future parking deck at 4th and Cotanche?
No. The new apartment/retail complex on that block will have its own parking deck, located roughly about where Ham's stood.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
If someone's gonna do that it should be something more like Cinebarre or Alamo Drafthouse, the best thing about which is they don't allow kids. I can't imagine a family out in Winterville wanting to haul all the way to downtown Greenville on a Friday night to catch a movie and cheap meal anyway.
I recall taking my small nephew to that theater when the original Lion King came out. I think the spot can work for kids and adults...say this type of schedule....

Noon Madagascar 3

5 Madagascar 3

7:30 Hangover 2

10:00 Hangover 2

You hit the eating times with a relevant audience at those times....and get to hit two audiences. The key is the selection of movies and only running them for like a two week period to get folks in during that time.

With ECU next door, it may not be wise to go down the art house road because they will put out their own art house type stuff. I think the goal would be to get folks into an experience type place, that's why I like the old theater better...its uniquely Greenville....and not just some strip shopping center that could be anywhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 AM

145 posts, read 266,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk_md View Post
That place next to Ruby Tuesday's is really gonna be mattress store? I know I read that here previously, but I was hoping it was an unfounded rumor...
I don't really think it is gonna look as bad as it sounded at first. Looks like they have a nice storefront and we all know that mattress stores don't get much business so I doubt it will last long. I bet the rent is pretty high too. But since it's the BrodyCo building it you know it is going to look nice. And if there is a restaurant beside it then it won't be JUST the mattress store so that doesn't look as bad. I do wish they would have just put another restaurant there instead.

Anyone heard anything about a new store over there? I think they definitely have plenty of space back there to add a couple of big stores. The only thing I don't like about that area is that they put the Fresh Market directly in the middle so now if they add a new big store back there then no one will be able to see it from the road. Seems like poor planning on their part. Hopefully they will buy the school bus shop or whatever it is because that would give it another nice entrance to the shopping center and would solve that problem. What is it they call that shopping center anyway?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 AM

52 posts, read 96,947 times
They call the shopping center 11 Galleria. That's the one with Dick's, Sears, Khol's and Fresh Market.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,354 times
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to write a note about the Third Street Community Center that is now in the old Third Street School.

We are working on rehabbing the interior of the school through volunteer efforts and community partnerships. We are excited about building a stronger community for a better Greenville. If you get a chance, stop by and take a look around. We are here for the long haul and determined to see Greenville transformed.

Every third Saturday we host work days from 8:30 to 1:00pm. Come out and join us in taking ownership of your community.

Mark Horn
Owner Development
Third Street Community Center
mark@thirdstreetcc.org

Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I really hope they keep the Ham's Distillery tank thing on the outside. Would be a nice historical piece of art
Yeah that would be a good idea. I would like to see them incorporate that into their design. It would be really neat if they could put it on the roof somewhere on the new complex. It would look sort of like a water tower that they have on buildings in New York or something.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
They call the shopping center 11 Galleria. That's the one with Dick's, Sears, Khol's and Fresh Market.
I really do not like that name at all. I mean, if they are going for a nice shopping center then it needs a name that people will actually call it by. I mean, places like SouthPoint in Durham and Brier Creek and other shopping centers in the Triangle always have good names that everyone calls them by but no one ever calls that shopping center 11 Galleria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina