Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
I really do not like that name at all. I mean, if they are going for a nice shopping center then it needs a name that people will actually call it by. I mean, places like SouthPoint in Durham and Brier Creek and other shopping centers in the Triangle always have good names that everyone calls them by but no one ever calls that shopping center 11 Galleria.
The problem is no one thinks of it as a shopping center. And it should come as no surprise since it doesn't look like one either. When I think of a shopping center I think of parking in one place and then walking to the various stores. That is not the case there. It's just a place where there are some stores but they're about 400 feet apart. Not exactly walkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
It's about time. I've always felt that the river is a hugely underutilized asset to Greenville. People are naturally drawn to the water for obvious reasons. To have that riverfront just sit there is such a waste. Whenever we've been there we were the only people there. It's the same with River Park North.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
I agree with the part about building a connector bridge over the river to River Park North. Sounds stupid, but I'd bring my child a lot more often if I could just drive downtown & walk across to the park...plus it would get more people downtown as well.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
DNA facility may locate in city to the 2300 block of Executive Park Circle.
The Daily Reflector

Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM

According to AT, this is one of a number of projects yet to be announced, but in the works.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It's about time. I've always felt that the river is a hugely underutilized asset to Greenville. People are naturally drawn to the water for obvious reasons. To have that riverfront just sit there is such a waste. Whenever we've been there we were the only people there. It's the same with River Park North.
And it's such a beautiful river...the water is just lovely.

Seriously though, I hope they are able to attract more people to the area.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
DNA facility may locate in city to the 2300 block of Executive Park Circle.
The Daily Reflector
To expand on that:

They will locate a DNA processing facility in Greenville if a building can be renovated to fit its operations.

The company anticipates creating a minimum of 12 jobs at an average salary of $74,375.

The company has asked that its name be kept confidential for the immediate future.

Cross them fingers!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
I'm not so sure an industrial park (or anything else) is being constructed on the Dickinson Rd extension. The sign that's there is for a commercial park (as mentioned on the first two pages of this thread) and has been there for a few years. I think maybe they're just laying water or cable lines? Do they do that through big fields?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM

PURE SPECULATION

VantageSouth is the bank that merged with East Carolina Bank. The bank named two executives to head up its operations in eastern North Carolina. Both will be based in Greenville. ECB has 25 branches, and VantageSouth has two more branches in Wilmington.

I wonder how much of the bank operations will be conducted in Greenville. Greenville has three ECB locations. Would they just expand into one of those current locations? Or maybe they will build something new to house their needed resources.
VantageSouth appoints two execs for eastern expansion - Triangle Business Journal

An expansion project like that would suure be perfect for Uptown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina