Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 05:27 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times

Advertisements

Toys R Us is going to the big toy box in the sky.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toys-r-...ing-inventory/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 06:07 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
St. Paddy's Day Festival set for Saturday in Greenville

Quote:
If you're looking to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this weekend, you're in luck!

Uptown Greenville Events in collaboration with A Time For Science is hosting their annual St. Patrick's Day event A Day O'Green and Au (gold).

The festivities offer St. Paddy's day fun for people of all ages, including live music from the Balter Brothers, food trucks and 40 exhibitors that will feature hands-on science activities and experiments.

The event is free of charge and runs from 11 am- 3 pm Saturday at 729 Dickinson Avenue.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:31 AM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
Another creamery?! It will be crazy and heavily crowded. I would have lots of friends that would take me out there.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Toys R Us is going to the big toy box in the sky.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toys-r-...ing-inventory/
Maybe we could demolish the whole Walmart Shopping center and turn it into something fancy so the crime rate goes down!

Old 03-15-2018, 12:33 PM

34 posts, read 44,421 times
Applebee's on Greenville Blvd. in front of Toys R Us closed for good on Tuesday.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:05 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
I'm not sure if I posted about this but Eastern Pines Dental is building a very large office right next to the Wound Healing center near the Lowes on 10th.

The Italian restaurant "Mama Mia's" has restarted construction in the Food Lion shopping center on 10th/Portertown. All of those commercial spaces are now full.

The strip behind them in front of Walmart finished building out the additional commercial spaces. The Soffe is occupying two of those spaces and has signs that they are now hiring.

There are only three remaining lots left on Portertown and one on 10th where the BB&T was going to go. I suspect that these will eventually be filled up with bigger franchise restaurants.
The Foodlion parking lot also has a small open for section available to add on more build to suit suites.

That area is really growing a lot thankfully. I know everyone loves the idea of the downtown area being the primary area of growth but the reality is we need multiple commercial hubs so that the traffic doesn't get any worse. Considering the death of may large businesses on Greenville, 10th and Portertown seem to be doing a good job of reducing absorbing the commercial traffic and keeping it out of the center of town while not increasing crime.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:29 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
ECU's leader has big dreams for the university

Sums up all the recent controversy with the ECU Chancellor.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
The 10th / Portertown shopping area is super convenient for me as, so the more the better as far as I am concerned. I am hoping the expanded Firetower & Portertown Rd's will bring along additional businesses to the area.

Badly needed in the area:

- a casual sit down restaurant, that is not a Mexican restaurant. Heck - I am not an Applebee's fan but I would welcome them in the area. Anything that does not require me to drive across town to Memorial Blvd would be great.
- A Chick Fil A or a Taco Bell would both do well in the area IMO.
- I really wish there was a Target over there but I doubt that will ever happen.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
The 10th / Portertown shopping area is super convenient for me as, so the more the better as far as I am concerned. I am hoping the expanded Firetower & Portertown Rd's will bring along additional businesses to the area.

Badly needed in the area:

- a casual sit down restaurant, that is not a Mexican restaurant. Heck - I am not an Applebee's fan but I would welcome them in the area. Anything that does not require me to drive across town to Memorial Blvd would be great.
- A Chick Fil A or a Taco Bell would both do well in the area IMO.
- I really wish there was a Target over there but I doubt that will ever happen.
They may do that to the north side of Walmart.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by encecu View Post
Applebee's on Greenville Blvd. in front of Toys R Us closed for good on Tuesday.
No surprise there. A friend of our family has a daughter that lives in Greenville and she said the place was a pit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina