Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
Hey everyone,

I've been following y'all's forum for almost 6 years now trying keep up with all that's coming to Greenville. However, I just recently finished grad school at ECU and am now a Raleigh resident. I was wondering if y'all knew of any development forums comparable to this one for the Raleigh area (specifically downtown and North Raleigh) since I'd like to keep up with Raleigh just as much as Greenville. I've done some research and can't seem to find a forum as good as this one anywhere. Anything helps, thanks!

P.S. I apologize for abandoning ENC. I have every intention on making my way back sometime in the future
Yea, there is a "Raleigh Area Developments" thread somewhere on the Triangle forum (https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...elopments.html) , but it's not kept up with very much. You could try that forum or the Raleigh reddit forum (Just google "raleigh reddit")

I'm surprised there isn't also a Wilmington area thread on this forum. Plenty of development for Wilmington going on as well.

Since you're an ECU grad, I'm sure you'll have more than enough reason to visit Greenville again over the next several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 09:42 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
Hey everyone,

I've been following y'all's forum for almost 6 years now trying keep up with all that's coming to Greenville. However, I just recently finished grad school at ECU and am now a Raleigh resident. I was wondering if y'all knew of any development forums comparable to this one for the Raleigh area (specifically downtown and North Raleigh) since I'd like to keep up with Raleigh just as much as Greenville. I've done some research and can't seem to find a forum as good as this one anywhere. Anything helps, thanks!

P.S. I apologize for abandoning ENC. I have every intention on making my way back sometime in the future
There's this: https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...elopments.html

But really, there are many, many threads on development in and around Raleigh. Just read through the forum.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:33 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
NCDOT is holding a public meeting on November 9 to discuss the widening of 14th Street.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=14546

Quote:
State transportation officials will hold a public meeting on Thursday, Nov. 9, for the proposed widening of 14th Street to four lanes divided by a median between Red Banks Road and Fire Tower Road in Greenville.

The public can view a map displaying the location and design of the project on the NCDOT website.

The meeting will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. at Alice Keene District Park at 4561 County Home Road in Greenville. Interested residents may attend at any time during the meeting, as no formal presentation will be made. NCDOT representatives will be available to provide information and answer questions. People may provide written comments during the meeting.

Anyone desiring additional information should contact NCDOT Division Project Manager Rachelle Beauregard at rlbeauregard@ncdot.gov; (919) 239-7168; or P.O. Box 1587, Greenville, N.C., 27835. Comments can be submitted through Nov. 30, 2017.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:47 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
NCDOT is holding a public meeting on November 9 to discuss the widening of 14th Street.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=14546
By 2030 these projects will really help

Has there been an update on the Evans St/Old Tar project?

Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
Has there been an update on the Evans St/Old Tar project?
None that I'm aware of.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:22 PM

895 posts, read 2,096,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Yea, there is a "Raleigh Area Developments" thread somewhere on the Triangle forum (https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...elopments.html) , but it's not kept up with very much. You could try that forum or the Raleigh reddit forum (Just google "raleigh reddit")

I'm surprised there isn't also a Wilmington area thread on this forum. Plenty of development for Wilmington going on as well.

Since you're an ECU grad, I'm sure you'll have more than enough reason to visit Greenville again over the next several years.
Haven't looked myself, but have you checked out the skyscrapercity forum?

Old 11-03-2017, 12:07 PM

111 posts, read 148,743 times
ECU Life Sciences Building (top) and ECU Student Services Building (bottom), both to Uptown, both to break ground in a few months.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:31 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
^^ Both of the new ECU buildings look amazing. The Student Services building will be great for Uptown.

A couple of updated construction shots...the outside of the Apartment complex uptown is starting to go up..

ECU Student Center progressing:

Any updates on the uptown Hotel? I have heard nothing lately.

Last edited by jpirate; 11-03-2017 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: d

Old 11-03-2017, 10:18 PM

144 posts, read 189,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
ECU Life Sciences Building (top) and ECU Student Services Building (bottom), both to Uptown, both to break ground in a few months.
Where did you see these projects will break ground in a few months? I hope you are right, but ECU's Facilities Engineering and Architectural Services website still has the expected bid for the Student Services (One Stop Shop) building scheduled for an expected bid of July 2018 (under review) and the expected bid for the Life Sciences building for July 2019. Those dates seem more in line with the timeframe for construction projects in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina