Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 10:08 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
No surprise there. A friend of our family has a daughter that lives in Greenville and she said the place was a pit.
They closed 80 locations this year and over 90 last year. Time to reinvent or shut them all down.

That's going to be an unusual amount of vacancies for a Walmart-based shopping center: Applebee's, Toys R Us (huge space to fill, maybe create smaller stores within the building?), Arby's (empty how long now?). Applebee's should be the easiest to replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 07:03 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
I always hate when these types of closings happen. People losing jobs is never fun. That being said, Applebee's isn't exactly quality dining. There are plenty of other places in Greenville that you can get a good meal for two people for $20. I would assume the owner of Mi Cabana is plotting right now a way to open his 85th Greenville location in that space!

That area really is going through some issues. Just thinking a little outside the box, but I wonder if the Convention center folks would be interested in the Toys R Us space as an addition to the "convention center campus."

----------

Vidant Cancer Care cuts ribbon on $174 million facility Friday

Quote:
GREENVILLE, NC (WITN) - Vidant Cancer Care is preparing to open at its new facility, the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower, this month.

A ribbon-cutting and media tours are planned for Friday, March 16 with a community open house planned for 2-5pm on Sunday, March 18.

Patients will be moved into the six-story 418,000 square foot tower towards the end of the month.

The $174 million dollar cancer center and bed tower brings a variety of cancer care services under one roof, including infusion and radiation treatment clinics, a pharmacy and laboratory facilities.

You can get more information by calling 1-855-MyVidant or visiting this

Old 03-16-2018, 08:17 AM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I always hate when these types of closings happen. People losing jobs is never fun. That being said, Applebee's isn't exactly quality dining. There are plenty of other places in Greenville that you can get a good meal for two people for $20. I would assume the owner of Mi Cabana is plotting right now a way to open his 85th Greenville location in that space!

That area really is going through some issues. Just thinking a little outside the box, but I wonder if the Convention center folks would be interested in the Toys R Us space as an addition to the "convention center campus."

----------

Vidant Cancer Care cuts ribbon on $174 million facility Friday
I think that building should be demolished completely and build it a little bit taller. They need to redo the whole Walmart shopping center.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:24 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Quote:
I would assume the owner of Mi Cabana is plotting right now a way to open his 85th Greenville location in that space!
Haha - winner for the day!

Old 03-16-2018, 04:32 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
City hires outside consulting firm to conduct assessment of Greenville Fire and Rescue - Daily Reflector

Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 PM

378 posts, read 419,093 times

Was the city ever gonna get this done or leave 5th street the way it is? Because it looks terrible.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:49 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
They closed 80 locations this year and over 90 last year. Time to reinvent or shut them all down.

That's going to be an unusual amount of vacancies for a Walmart-based shopping center: Applebee's, Toys R Us (huge space to fill, maybe create smaller stores within the building?), Arby's (empty how long now?). Applebee's should be the easiest to replace.

The former Arby's building is becoming a chicken wing joint.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:46 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
It’s a start. I hope the firm actually delivers the truth and not what they think management wants to hear.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:44 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
I noticed that a pet store (not one I've heard of) is coming soon in the corner space to the right of Fresh Market.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:30 PM

107 posts, read 175,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I noticed that a pet store (not one I've heard of) is coming soon in the corner space to the right of Fresh Market.
Glad something is going in there. That center has been slow to develop. Similar to the Greenville Grande shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina