Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 04:04 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
LOL - if this is it, this isn't even half as bad as Raleigh has had it. Or Dallas. Did you see the bike literally cut in half in Dallas?

Watching the videos, the bikes are okay. Having ridden a Limebike (and given full corporate license to 'try and destroy it'), the bikes are okay. Stupid kids gonna be stupid kids.
“Hold my beer. Imma cut and bolt this mofo to the pole.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 04:05 PM

378 posts, read 419,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I noticed McDonald's own the plot of land beside the Speedway on Allen Rd. I suppose they're just sitting on it until the area develops more, with either the intent to lease it to the local franchisee or to another business.
A McDonald's there would be impecciable, bc the middle of Greenville and Farmville is just farmland and there's like nothing there. Widen 264 to a boulevard and add nice fun party and some interesting food and offices!

Old 03-28-2018, 04:13 PM

217 posts, read 236,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
“Hold my beer. Imma cut and bolt this mofo to the pole.”

Imagine the effort it took to do this!

But in all seriousness, students seem to be riding these everywhere. The grid is covered with them and I've even seen them out as far as Target. One less car on the road near campus is always a blessing.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:31 AM

Officials consider response to Wells Fargo closure - Daily Reflector

Old 03-29-2018, 08:55 AM

378 posts, read 419,262 times
I would love to see Greenville or Wilmington get direct flights to Bermuda.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:47 AM

NCDOT is holding a public meeting on April 3 to discuss widening 14th Street between Red Banks and Fire Tower roads.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=15009

Quote:
The N.C. Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting on a proposal to widen 14th Street between Red Banks Road and Fire Tower Road into four lanes with a median, additional turn lanes, bicycle lanes and sidewalks.

The meeting will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 3, at the Alice Keene District Park at 4561 Country Home Road in Greenville. Interested residents may attend at any time during the meeting, as no formal presentation will be made. NCDOT representatives will be available to provide information and answer questions. The opportunity to provide written comments will also be provided.

The project would improve traffic flow and safety for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.

The public can view a map displaying the location and design of the project on the NCDOT website.

If someone is unable to attend the meeting, they can still get project information or provide comments by contacting NCDOT Project Manager Rachelle Beauregard at rlbeauregard@ncdot.gov or (919) 239-7168. All comments received by May 3 will be considered as the DOT refines the design proposal.
Maps:

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje..._Barnes_St.pdf

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje...d_Banks_Rd.pdf

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje..._Barnes_St.pdf

https://www.ncdot.gov/download/proje...d_Banks_Rd.pdf

Old 03-29-2018, 05:44 PM

112 posts, read 136,410 times
GFR

https://youtu.be/FRzlMBCJd-0

6 minute video which is an interview from firefighters who have left.

Wow

Old 03-29-2018, 06:38 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
GFR

https://youtu.be/FRzlMBCJd-0

6 minute video which is an interview from firefighters who have left.

Wow

What that second guy said at the beginning troubled me the most......

Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
What that second guy said at the beginning troubled me the most......
That was awful, but not surprising. Even less surprising is Brock Letchworth stonewalling the EC and covering the city’s ass.

Matt McMahon’s comments about the local media was spot on. Does GFR and the city really have so much clout that the TV stations willingly protect them by not touching the story with a 10ft. pole? There’s no way in hell WNCT or WITN are unaware of this and I doubt the Daily Reflector would’ve mentioned anything recently if the study had not come about. If this had been in the Triangle, WRAL would’ve been all over it like flies on ****. Hell, 20 years ago WNCT would’ve been all over GFR.

The EC deserves a medal for this.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:36 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
The continuing silence by the city is unsettling. It's time for our new Mayor to exercise his leadership voice.

Of the three local TV channels, I'd say Ch. 12 has the most ability to perform an investigation, but they're more New Bern/Jacksonville oriented.

While I like Ch. 9's meteorologists, their news people couldn't investigate how babies are made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina