Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 08:09 PM

144 posts, read 189,955 times

Advertisements

There was an article in Triangle Business Journal about the newly announced student housing project on the corner of Charles and Fourteenth streets on January 31st. The article is behind a paywall, but I got to four photos and the photo captions by clicking on print ... one photo can be found by searching for Dewitt Carolinas ECU student housing. There were a few interesting points in the photo captions, 1) the projected cost of the project is $85 million, 2) if everything goes according to plan, the project will break ground this summer and open for the 2020 school year, and 3) which is the most interesting, there will be a pool on top of the eight-story parking deck that will have a view of Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.

Following is a link to the three photos and a map of the project: https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...ml%3Fs%3Dprint

Hopefully the link will work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 04:50 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Man, that’s a good find right there. That complex looks really nice! This complex and the one currently under construction on 10th will really change the look and feel of that entire Charles Blvd corridor.
I’m not a fan of adding more student housing but this was a no brainer to approve to be honest. The area needs this badly.

It will only be a matter of time before the next blocks between this complex and Evans is revamped as well.

I wish there was all this housing when I was a student. I was happy when I moved in a place that had a pool the size of my pinky...and proceeded to only use it once. Haha

Old 02-04-2018, 11:53 AM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
It's sooo gonna be like Raleigh and Charlotte...

Because that's massive 7-8 story building. Could we be bigger than High Point?

Old 02-05-2018, 05:58 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
I was taking a look at the Agenda for the 2/8 meeting and they actually attached the parking study to it. You may have to download it to view it. It starts around page 130.

http://greenvillenc.gov/home/showdocument?id=16026

As I was skimming through it this weekend, I noticed a small blurb on page 169.

Quote:
Lastly, Pitt County Government envisions the redevelopment of much of the County complex in Uptown into a mixed-use center with government office, private sector office, retail/restaurant, and residential elements. At this time, there wasn't sufficient information to assess the parking supply or demand requirements for this opportunity.
This is the first I've heard of it, but sounds intriguing!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:08 AM

217 posts, read 236,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I was taking a look at the Agenda for the 2/8 meeting and they actually attached the parking study to it. You may have to download it to view it. It starts around page 130.

http://greenvillenc.gov/home/showdocument?id=16026

As I was skimming through it this weekend, I noticed a small blurb on page 169.

This is the first I've heard of it, but sounds intriguing!
Nice to see it confirmed in print. I'd heard from city staff that there was talk of land swaps, etc. with the county to open space for development, but the thinking was that it was much further off. 6'-8' sidewalks are already in place all throughout the area, it would be great to have walkable retail, residence, and offices to actually get folks walking there.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:46 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
When will an additional hospital be required in Pitt County?

Old 02-05-2018, 03:45 PM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Winterville-Ayden area maybe?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Actual hospital? Never. Greenville/Pitt Co has a medical district. There are other facilities around the area.

Keep in mind Vidant has facilities in Tarboro and Washington among others. If you live east of Grimesland you can go to Washington's hospital, Grifton to Kinston's, etc.

Maybe some sort of facility south of the Bells Fork area, but I doubt Vidant see's the need for the expense.

Note that Wilmington had two hospitals but they were merged to save money.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:11 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
For anyone who couldn't view GoingLocals's link above to the new apartment complex photos, here are the photos...

Also - Sup Dogs renovation has already started today...that was really a fast turn around from announcement to construction...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina