Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times

Advertisements

Couldn't ECU have done something like purchase the three homes just off the eastern edge of campus and built a new chancellor's home? Seems like cost would be more than the SHF location, but less than the 5th St. projections; somewhere in the $2M to $2.5 range. There's also ample parking in existence. At least one of the existing homes is a rental. Seems like having the chancellor live on or near campus should be part of the job.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
I never see the man on campus as is anyway, not sure it matters where his house is. I use to see Ballard all the time, really miss him not being in a chancellor's role any longer.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:49 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
I don't know where the chancellors of UNC or NC State live, but I do know that App's chancellor lives on campus, but in a way that she still has privacy. They built a place for her a few years ago.

Privacy be damned, USC's president lives here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9979...7i13312!8i6656

Tradition > Flash
Wish ECU would learn that.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:30 PM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
Not necessarily Greenville news, but affects the East...

Kinston Woodman Center and Lyons Waterpark are in deep financial trouble ...

9OYS Investigation: Bleak financials surround Woodmen Community Center | WNCT

Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 PM

455 posts, read 527,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post

I remember wondering when this thing was announced and opened, how would Kinston support such a thing... Whelp.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
Quote:

Jeez. And people are upset at Greenville for trying to run a golf course!! No way I'd touch this with a 10 ft. pole if I was the city of Kinston. Maybe the Lions Waterpark folks should approach the water park at the outer banks or sell to the highest bidder.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:10 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
I remember wondering when this thing was announced and opened, how would Kinston support such a thing... Whelp.
Until now I assumed this thing was some sort of nonprofit charity venture and that Lions Water Adventure had something to do with the Lions club. Nope just a gym with a pool and cartoon lions.

I can’t believe they actually put this in Kinston? Really?

Old 01-30-2018, 09:08 PM

29 posts, read 39,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I don't know where the chancellors of UNC or NC State live, but I do know that App's chancellor lives on campus, but in a way that she still has privacy. They built a place for her a few years ago.

Privacy be damned, USC's president lives here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9979...7i13312!8i6656

Tradition > Flash
Wish ECU would learn that.
NC State just dropped $3.5 million (private donations) and built their 8,500 sq. ft. chancellor's residence on the Centennial Campus. It is nestled on a point on Lake Raleigh, right beside the alumni center, and across the street from the on campus golf course. It is off the beaten path when it comes to students but is located at a great location to entertain donors and guests while also showing off the new Centennial Campus.

I understand if ECU wanted to relocate the chancellor from the 5th street house, but in my opinion, the chancellor does not belong in a residential neighborhood miles away from the campus. To me it just seems like an odd and out of place location to host guests of the university. ECU should have thought towards the future and possibly built on or near their new "millennial" campus they are looking to build off of 10th. What better way to attract science leaders, companies, and investors than to display that the chancellor of the university wants to be up front and center of the new initiatives. This location would also be centered between the medical and main campuses along with being right in the middle of the new developments off of Dickinson.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:47 AM

378 posts, read 418,895 times
Quote:
Sup Dogs is expanding...

Uptown Greenville | Sup Dogs Restaurant Announces Rooftop Expansion

I was really hoping to just see that corner demolished & rebuilt, but this is nice. I wish the owner of the Stop Shop would invest a little money into the outside facade of the building. =

That looks pretty good.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
High School receives permit to build sports complex - Daily Reflector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina