Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 08:49 PM

33 posts, read 39,009 times

Advertisements

Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-taco-bell-01.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 06:19 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Not a fan of the aesthtics of the new businesses near Basil's. That area is just looking tacky now, especially the five minute oil change place and its signage. I don't know, it just looks out-of-place to me. Maybe it's the new trend of having tiny rectangular buildings for these new businesses that just puts me off. (Those new buildings on Greenville Blvd. near the new DD are the same style, but at least they're uniform.) Idk. It just looks convoluted to me on Firetower now, especially when driving from west towards east - it's just such a blah visual. None of it has any kind of presence at all. Can't see these type of buildings aging well...
In the new age, you would get rid of the suicide lane, build a median and some sidewalks. I guess there are streetscape changes coming from the Firetower widening project. Add some trees and you have a nicer looking area no matter the buildings. Looking back at the 2017 video of the Firetower widening, there are no sidewalks planned, but it does look like the suicide lane will be gone. City should kick in for connectivity sidewalks in the commercial area when that project is bid. If you just start at Bells Fork and work your way backward, then you can go up Charles Blvd as well.

Old 03-19-2024, 12:20 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Construction on Dickinson Avenue will resume this week.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...on-resume.aspx

Old 03-20-2024, 07:33 PM

155 posts, read 235,297 times
Hey all. Curious what's being prepped on 33E beside Pinewood Memorial Gardens. Haven't seen anything or signage. Looks like it circles behind the ECU Health Wound Healing center and may come up through the road where the Lowe's light is.

Old 03-21-2024, 10:55 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
I believe it's an apartment complex, but could be wrong.

Does anyone know what they're building further down by Aldi / SECU? I heard a Wawa but they're clearing two lots so I was curious if something else was going out there as well.

I really wish we had another restaurant out there in that area.

Last edited by jpirate; 03-21-2024 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: 2

Old 03-22-2024, 05:47 AM

28 posts, read 11,853 times
does anyone know what they're doing it on Memorial Drive near the Toyota dealership? There were so many orange cones there.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:55 AM

34 posts, read 44,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
Hey all. Curious what's being prepped on 33E beside Pinewood Memorial Gardens. Haven't seen anything or signage. Looks like it circles behind the ECU Health Wound Healing center and may come up through the road where the Lowe's light is.
See under North Carolina Projects at this link, the project called Evolve at the Pines:
https://www.evolvecos.com/projects/

Old 03-22-2024, 11:48 AM

34 posts, read 44,453 times
This is the developer that owns that property beside Aldi and it appears they do various developments including Taco Bell, Dollar General (which is already located down the street), Aspen Dental, Popeye's, etc.

https://cgbuchalter.com/

Old 03-24-2024, 05:38 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
https://www.reflector.com/news/local...57f32fcbd.html

Hyster-Yale is the first corporate tenant for the Intersect East development. For awhile there I was thinking that this project was going to be dead, like so many others through the years. I'm glad to see some positive news!

I know awhile back there was discussions about allowing them to build the apartments first instead of years down the road.

Does anyone know if that is still in the plans?

I also haven't heard anything about the Ficklen Food Hall & Hotel in awhile. Is that still in the planning stages?

Old 03-24-2024, 05:58 PM

455 posts, read 528,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
https://www.reflector.com/news/local...57f32fcbd.html

Hyster-Yale is the first corporate tenant for the Intersect East development. For awhile there I was thinking that this project was going to be dead, like so many others through the years. I'm glad to see some positive news!

I know awhile back there was discussions about allowing them to build the apartments first instead of years down the road.

Does anyone know if that is still in the plans?

I also haven't heard anything about the Ficklen Food Hall & Hotel in awhile. Is that still in the planning stages?
Last I had heard was that Taft was involved in the project and that the Ficklen and the apartment complex would follow the completion of the new science museum. That is now complete. I'm sure the Dickinson Ave street scape has impacted it as well as the city's commitment to fixing the infrastructure that is required for the Ficklen to move forward (that the city agreed to).

Hopefully it is still happening..... Greenville needs to create its own momentum. Wilson is upstaging Greenville time and time again on projects, entertainment and jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina