Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 12:31 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,161,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm not sure it will be very dense or urban. Looks like another Battery Park to me. Rather bland. I'm not saying that we need perfection, but if Cleveland is going to rebound and appeal to newcomers, it will have to do better. Such sterile developments exist everywhere now. But at least the sterile developments on the coasts also have effective public transit to take them all over the place. In Cleveland, I think it is just bringing more cars and suburban style life to the city.

Just my thoughts on it, I don't mean to be too strident. Just want to see Cleveland thrive. Good point about the Nazis though haha!
Can you please provide an example of a newer urban development in this country that Cleveland can use as a blueprint to make this a more unique development or do you have any suggestions on how to make this a less generic development that says, "You are in Cleveland, Ohio"? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 01:52 PM

11,061 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
Can you please provide an example of a newer urban development in this country that Cleveland can use as a blueprint to make this a more unique development or do you have any suggestions on how to make this a less generic development that says, "You are in Cleveland, Ohio"? Thank you
The new trends are awful, universally.

Start by not using literally the same exact designs are everyone else.

Thank you.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:10 PM

840 posts, read 760,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
I'm thrilled at the possibility of high-density, high-quality urban development on what, now, is wasteland. On a less important tip, I think both the name Thunderbird and symbol are stupid. The former evokes the cheap wine of winos and drunks and the latter evokes images of the Third Reich. Terrible on both counts. Simply "The Peninsula" would be preferable.
Yes, the Peninsula would be better. Or something that is connected with this area.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Yes, the Peninsula would be better. Or something that is connected with this area.
Scranton Peninsula.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Scranton Peninsula.
Scranton? I don't get it.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:39 PM

4,536 posts, read 5,103,665 times
Quote:
Scranton? I don't get it.
Because Scranton Road is the main artery that dead ends in the peninsula to the north and connects it to the rest of the City to the south.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Because Scranton Road is the main artery that dead ends in the peninsula to the north and connects it to the rest of the City to the south.
Oh..thanks. All I knew was Scranton PA.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Oh..thanks. All I knew was Scranton PA.
Best pizza in the US, btw.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Best pizza in the US, btw.
In Scranton? Is it thin crust?

I had the best pizza I ever had at Lombardi's in NYC...not sure if it's still there. It was really thin crust which I love and not greasy or too cheesy. I used to love Pizzeria Regina in MA but that was a really long time ago and maybe I wouldn't anymore. I haven't tried pizza here in Cleveland.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:39 PM

237 posts, read 249,407 times
Quote:
In Scranton? Is it thin crust?

I had the best pizza I ever had at Lombardi's in NYC...not sure if it's still there. It was really thin crust which I love and not greasy or too cheesy. I used to love Pizzeria Regina in MA but that was a really long time ago and maybe I wouldn't anymore. I haven't tried pizza here in Cleveland.
Then make Edison's in Tremont your next stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland