Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 09:11 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,179,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymarke View Post
Shake Shack only has 136 locations in the WORLD but you guys are possibly right.
Dude, it isn't exactly Nobu we're talking about here.

Quote:
But anyway whatever happened to the vote that was supposed to take place regarding nuCLEus by the school board?

This thing is dead in the water.
Financing a project that big is complicated. They aren't looking to build a bungalow. Chill out.

Quote:
Oh and any news on the playhouse square building? I thought that would be faster in getting approved and built....
See above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 04:04 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,256,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymarke View Post

But anyway whatever happened to the vote that was supposed to take place regarding nuCLEus by the school board?

This thing is dead in the water.

Oh and any news on the playhouse square building? I thought that would be faster in getting approved and built....
As for the Playhouse Square resi tower, that is definitely going to happen ... only a matter of time.

I'm not the type who practices the all too common banter of DOOMSDAY in Cleveland, but even I am inclined to believe that Stark Enterprises nuCLEus high-rise project is likely nothing more than a faded dream. It was first announced in 2014 ... four years have elapsed without a single shovel in the ground. For the life of me, I do not understand why the Cleveland Schools are wringing their collective hands over this project ... receiving a substantial amount up front, then collecting further monies in the future still puts them in a far better position than what that parking lot is giving to their coffers at the present time.

I cant help feeling that if the nuCLEus project does move forward, it will be scaled back dramatically from it's original and grand iteration.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:43 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,460,703 times
Cleveland has a chance to host MLB and NBA All-Star games, plus the NFL draft, in span of a few years - Crain's Cleveland Business

Nothing to see here, just possibility of more irrelevant stuff that nobody except Clevelanders pay any attention to, just like the RNC, World Series, NBA Finals, Cleveland Orchestra, Art Museum, Playhouse Square, Rock Hall, West Side Market, etc. Nobody cares about Cleveland.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:12 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Nothing to see here, just possibility of more irrelevant stuff that nobody except Clevelanders pay any attention to, just like the RNC, World Series, NBA Finals, Cleveland Orchestra, Art Museum, Playhouse Square, Rock Hall, West Side Market, etc. Nobody cares about Cleveland.
Sarcasm or are you now trolling? My 90 percent confidence level guess is that it's sarcasm, but it's so close to what Clevelanders regularly deal with on CD that I'm not certain.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
I'm not the type who practices the all too common banter of DOOMSDAY in Cleveland, but even I am inclined to believe that Stark Enterprises nuCLEus high-rise project is likely nothing more than a faded dream.
Joseph Marinucci, president and CEO of the Downtown Cleveland Alliance, was interviewed on the WVIZ "Ideas" nightly news program last week in conjunction with a segment on Cleveland Restaurant Week.

He apparently is on top of all things downtown. Stark Enterprises has its headquarters on West 3rd St. and likely is an important member of the DCA.

In an off-topic comment, in a discussion of restaurants that will be part of NuCLEus, Marinucci spoke of the project as if it was just around the corner.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Sarcasm or are you now trolling? My 90 percent confidence level guess is that it's sarcasm, but it's so close to what Clevelanders regularly deal with on CD that I'm not certain.
Haha I've perfected my craft then just funny how Cleveland continues to dominate national stages, far surpassing the rest of Ohio.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:47 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Haha I've perfected my craft then just funny how Cleveland continues to dominate national stages, far surpassing the rest of Ohio.
Most certainly! For the last two years, sports fans across the nation have been royally entertained by the worst team in NFL history, the Cleveland Browns. In fact, the Browns are so-o-o bad that the only thing the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers have to do to win the game is stay seated on the sidelines and out of the limelight, while enjoying the show in center field.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:05 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,946,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Most certainly! For the last two years, sports fans across the nation have been royally entertained by the worst team in NFL history, the Cleveland Browns. In fact, the Browns are so-o-o bad that the only thing the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers have to do to win the game is stay seated on the sidelines and out of the limelight, while enjoying the show in center field.
Best you check the batteries in your “something positive was said about CLE” alert machine as it took you a whole hour to pop in here about that post.

I get it though given how boring the CIN forum is. Let’s see, the last post was 2 days ago in a “quadricep surgery” thread...lol. The only other post that day was a “CIN travel accolades” post from you...who else would it be from? s-n-o-o-z-e.

Last edited by Kamms; 02-21-2018 at 05:13 PM..

Old 02-21-2018, 06:42 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Best you check the batteries in your “something positive was said about CLE” alert machine as it took you a whole hour to pop in here about that post.

I get it though given how boring the CIN forum is. Let’s see, the last post was 2 days ago in a “quadricep surgery” thread...lol. The only other post that day was a “CIN travel accolades” post from you...who else would it be from? s-n-o-o-z-e.
After your run-in with me earlier today, you got enough egg on your face to last a month. Go wipe all that off before compounding your troubles here.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Everyone knows the Browns are no good. This is some awful trolling. Just pointing out that Cleveland dominates national headlines. Period. It has a much much much higher national presence than the rest of Ohio. That doesn't make it "better." That just makes it more nationally known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland