Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN79 View Post
You said it right there. Houston is not a mini NY.

Philly and Chicago are mini New Yorks, not Houston.
I know what I put and not once did I say Houston was LIKE NYC. I said Wacoans SEE Houston as that, but it wasn't meant to be takin serious.

back to OP

Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM

8 posts, read 8,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I know what I put and not once did I say Houston was LIKE NYC. I said Wacoans SEE Houston as that, but it wasn't meant to be takin serious.

back to OP
But, you said Houston was a mini New York. I am the third person who has interpreted it that way.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:05 AM

155 posts, read 733,591 times
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Atlanta
San Juan (can we include the territories?)

Old 12-28-2009, 11:14 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN79 View Post
But, you said Houston was a mini New York. I am the third person who has interpreted it that way.
GAH! Can people not read?! Regardless of how you may have interpreted jluke's first post, he has clarified it for the last two pages. Why are people still questioning this?!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
It's a different kind of "dressed-up" in LA compared to NYC or Chicago. I think Los Angeles is considered glamorous but with less clothes. The women attending functions look well-dressed because they show more skin than women who live in cold climates.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

back to OP

Just admit it was a bad analogy and move on. Either that or people from Waco just don't really travel outside of Texas that much.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Just admit it was a bad analogy and move on. Either that or people from Waco just don't really travel outside of Texas that much.
Are you from Waco? Do you know anyone from Waco? Have you ever even conversed with someone from Waco outside of this board?

If not, then you're not fit to say whether or not his analogy was bad. Since he's from Waco, I tend to believe what he says when talking about how others from Waco view Houston.

Did anyone even read what he said, or did you just see New York City and Houston in the sentence and immediately crap your pants and start crying?

For the last time he did not say Houston is a mini-New York City. He said people from WACO think of Houston like it's a mini-New York.

Whether or not you agree with Wacoans is one thing...maybe they don't leave Texas often...but that doesn't make his analogy inaccurate.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:06 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Are you from Waco? Do you know anyone from Waco? Have you ever even conversed with someone from Waco outside of this board?

If not, then you're not fit to say whether or not his analogy was bad. Since he's from Waco, I tend to believe what he says when talking about how others from Waco view Houston.

Did anyone even read what he said, or did you just see New York City and Houston in the sentence and immediately crap your pants and start crying?

For the last time he did not say Houston is a mini-New York City. He said people from WACO think of Houston like it's a mini-New York.

Whether or not you agree with Wacoans is one thing...maybe they don't leave Texas often...but that doesn't make his analogy inaccurate.
I know what he said, so spare me this sanctimonious lecture and calm down. I still think it was a bad analogy regardless.

Are you from Waco, why do you care so much? You're one to talk about someone crying given this angry, irrational response.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 PM
TT1

148 posts, read 439,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It's a different kind of "dressed-up" in LA compared to NYC or Chicago. I think Los Angeles is considered glamorous but with less clothes. The women attending functions look well-dressed because they show more skin than women who live in cold climates.
Yes, because NYC is cold 365 days per year.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I know what he said, so spare me this sanctimonious lecture and calm down. I still think it was a bad analogy regardless.

Are you from Waco, why do you care so much? You're one to talk about someone crying given this angry, irrational response.
I'm not from Waco. Never been, probably will never go. That's why I tend to believe someone from Waco when they talk about how their population subjectively views something...unless I meet someone from Waco who totally debunks that statement, I'll continue to think some people from Waco may feel like Houston is a mini-New York.

How is it a bad analogy? I don't think Houston is a mini-NY...it's actually at the complete opposite end of the spectrum in my opinion. But again, the key word in that sentence is opinion. Just because the population of Waco has a skewed perspective of Houston doesn't make jluke's statement incorrect.

I'm not angry at all...just annoyed that jluke clarified his post, yet every new post is "how can you possibly say that?!?! terrrible!!!"

I'm not sure what part of my previous post was irrational either...can you maybe point out those parts so I can clarify what I was trying to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City