Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times

Advertisements

Ima go head and say when it comes to urban fashion of AA's D.C is ahead of NY...imo...a very materialistic opinionated trendy city even in the projects u need the latest fashion or be considered a "bamma"

Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM

353 posts, read 816,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Hyping up their cities more than they should.

And most people can agree NY is more important to this country than Dallas or Houston are.

Anyway, this is off-topic. Sorry.
With all the respect miss, I think New York can not be mentioned so much... it has gotten to much attention lately... it's not that important... we have other cities in this country to discuss that actually deserve to get mention more often and should be discussed more due to their growing and developments, that New York City has stopped (for now) It's like it's so immense like mammoth that it can't grow anymore.

I mean seriously when any other city in the world with the exception of New York City, Tokyo, and Sao Paulo get a building over 500 feet or maybe even less is actually noticeble most of time! and it makes skyscrapers fans actually happy and satisfied!
that doesn't happen in those 3 cities because there are just so many buildings...

Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native17 View Post
With all the respect miss, I think New York can not be mentioned so much... it has gotten to much attention lately... it's not that important... we have other cities in this country to discuss that actually deserve to get mention more often and should be discussed more due to their growing and developments, that New York City has stopped (for now) It's like it's so immense like mammoth that it can't grow any more.

I mean seriously when any other city in the world with the exception of New York City, Tokyo, and Sao Paulo get a building over 500 feet or maybe even less is actually noticeble most of time! and it makes skyscrapers fans actually happy and satisfied!
that doesn't happen in those 3 cities because there are just so many buildings...

But we're talking fashion, not buildings. NY almost always creates trends first. We have some of the best fashion institutes in the world.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well, I'm glad you saw that you were being off-topic once you got a chance to make sure everyone knew that NYC was the most important city in this country. God forbid that goes 10 seconds without being mentioned.

Most people agree with you on this one

Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM

353 posts, read 816,045 times
Yeah, who said it didn't!
Just wanted to make a point clear on my point of view of the excessive mentions that New York gets, I'm not saying to not show pride for a city it's just when it becomes a repetition that it starts getting slighly well over the edge...
I'm saying because sometime ago I remember I had some sort of confrontation with you regarding New York with Florida... remember?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native17 View Post
Yeah, who said it didn't!
Just wanted to make a point clear on my point of view of the excessive mentions that New York gets, I'm not saying to not show pride for a city it's just when it becomes a repetition that it starts getting slighly well over the edge...
I'm saying because sometime ago I remember I had some sort of confrontation with you regarding New York with Florida... remember?

Did the same thing on the Texas forums well

Fashion and well dressed is subjective and no scientific data exists to what is or is not well dressed. I could visit NY tomorrow in jeans and a t shirt and still get lots of dates in NY over so called "well dressed" individuals.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
I could visit NY tomorrow in jeans and a t shirt and still get lots of dates in NY over so called "well dressed" individuals.

Right... Us NY girls have class.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Right... Us NY girls have class.

Whatever, I have already done this before

NY girls that I met seem to like good looking men from out of state who are not uptight

Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,450,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Ima go head and say when it comes to urban fashion of AA's D.C is ahead of NY...imo...a very materialistic opinionated trendy city even in the projects u need the latest fashion or be considered a "bamma"
Urban fashion of AAs? What are AAs?

Regardless, I don't think any city comes close to New York City when it comes to fashion in the United States. This side of the pond, New York sets the trends while the other cities follow it...

LA has its own style too...but I don't think it's as nationally followed as New York.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Whatever, I have already done this before

NY girls that I met seem to like good looking men from out of state who are not uptight

Well of course they would be looking for out of state guys if they live in Texas and they're not in NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City