Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,921,749 times

Advertisements

Hmm, well are we talking about most ghetto visually now or in the past? because I see a lot of people posting pictures and videos with footage many decades old.

Now, from my experience, places in the Philly area like North/West Philly, Camden, and Chester are worse than anything in NYC or Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
I'm just posting pictures in general, past and present.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
more bonkers than Yonkers?
I got into a lot of fights at The Rising Sun but the Bronx was still more bonkers than Yonkers.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
^Not anymore though... apparently London is more murderous than NY now thanks to all the knife crime and muggings gone south... rofl
London's murder rate is around 2 per 100,000. NY is around 7. I believe the UK has a higher assault rate than the U.S. though.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:56 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
London's murder rate is around 2 per 100,000. NY is around 7. I believe the UK has a higher assault rate than the U.S. though.
You can't compare most crime stats between the US and the UK due to differences in reporting (murder is one that translates well though). US assault stats include aggravated assault only for example, whereas in the UK "assault" includes all sorts of more minor stuff of the type that is not counted in the official FBI stats in the US. Apples to oranges. Add those same types of crimes to the US stats and i bet they'd at least be more or less equal in assault rate.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:19 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times
Everybody needs to fall back. I know how bad the south bronx was in the seventies and eighties........Its 2010 now though. Nobody has to bvereminded of how bad the bronx was back than. Call me stupid but i dont think the Op wanted visuals 20/30 years old.

As far as clown face supermario. He jumps at any chance to post something bad about nyc like a white suburban kid who tries to sound hard and listens to 50 cent. And than he gets tight when i say something good about WHERE I/HIM LIVE. Who does that?

Old 08-21-2010, 02:28 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I know there have been a few topics on ghettos on this site of which is worse dealing with crimes and what not.. but i was curious to hear opinions on what many believe are the worst ghettos visually or to the human eye? Meaning what cities in the states of America "look" the worst?

Pics can be included as well to defend your case...

thanks
This is easy..The cities with the oldest buildings of coarse...Now the atmosphere in the ghetto of the cities is something to compare and there are no stats on that.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Everybody needs to fall back. I know how bad the south bronx was in the seventies and eighties........Its 2010 now though. Nobody has to bvereminded of how bad the bronx was back than. Call me stupid but i dont think the Op wanted visuals 20/30 years old.

As far as clown face supermario. He jumps at any chance to post something bad about nyc like a white suburban kid who tries to sound hard and listens to 50 cent. And than he gets tight when i say something good about WHERE I/HIM LIVE. Who does that?
The OP asked about the most ghetto visually present day but after 400+ posts in the thread it is not hard to envision the thread delving into some ghettos of the past.

What he posted was far more on topic than you attacking him because he posted something negative about the Bronx. The Bronx had and still has some terrible neighborhoods, get over it.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The OP asked about the most ghetto visually present day but after 400+ posts in the thread it is not hard to envision the thread delving into some ghettos of the past.

What he posted was far more on topic than you attacking him because he posted something negative about the Bronx. The Bronx had and still has some terrible neighborhoods, get over it.
What are you talking about in comparison to other places the bronx is nothing anymore. People are just caught up in the stigma from the seventies. Theres much better examples of urban blight in 2010

Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
What are you talking about in comparison to other places the bronx is nothing anymore. People are just caught up in the stigma from the seventies. Theres much better examples of urban blight in 2010
I did not compare the Bronx to other areas I said, "The Bronx still has some terrible neighborhoods".
Are you trying to say the Bronx doesn't have some terrible neighborhoods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City