Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 03:20 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,653 times

Advertisements

Unless your the bar hopping pub drinking type Baltimore is dry unless you do get involved in the streets bc thats the only thing going on unless your in college
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
I've seen some pretty scary ghettos from Los Angeles to Miami and on to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I think the "caseríos" in Luis LLorens Torres, La Playita and La Perla in San Juan are some of the worst ghettos I have ever seen. But recently I spent a long weekend in New York City. Don't get me wrong because I loved every minute in New York but my relatives live in the Tremont section of the Bronx and I attended a wedding in Bedford Stuyvesant in Brooklyn. These areas were truly frightening in the sheer scope of poverty. I am Rican so I was not hassled in the Bronx but some neighborhoods were pretty tough and I would not want to venture out at night by myself. I have been in some rough neighborhoods in East LA and once walked around Compton in South LA. West Miami and Hialeah are like the ghetto areas of Los Angeles with mainly 2 story apartments and yards with trees so a person doesn't feel as threatened in LA and Miami. San Juan is even poorer but New York city is much more condensed and just seemed worse even if it is not.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Unless your the bar hopping pub drinking type Baltimore is dry unless you do get involved in the streets bc thats the only thing going on unless your in college
Oh really?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,653 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Oh really?
I know I know to each its own

Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
To each his own indeed! You think only fratboys and gangbangers can enjoy Baltimore. That gets a LOL from me.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Camden NJ easily

Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
New York has more gay people than any city period, because it's the biggest city in the U.S., genius.

There are nearly 600,000 gay people in the New York metro area. That's almost the entire population of SF.

How Many Gays Has New York City? | The New York Observer (http://www.observer.com/node/32560 - broken link)

P.S.

I don't think New York is lame. New York will always be the best in terms of a lot of things. What I think is lame is the attitude that a lot of New Yorkers have. You know, "I'm from New York, we are the biggest and baddest, we've seen everything..." The truth is, for people who have lived in NYC their whole life have seen nothing but that, the 5 boroughs. You have to venture outside of your box and see the rest of the world. And in this case, there are dozens of cities that are much more ALL AROUND (see how I emphasize that) ghetto, impoverished and dangerous than New York.
how smart do you sound? are you trying to start a argument you wont win???

nyc is has 8 million people so no duh its natural numbers of gays will be higher , but percentage wise san fransisco has themost gays in the country so your point was really pointless.

AND P.S

GET OF nyc case you and all the other people always come on this forum with that same goofy story of how new yorkers think they are.

are you going to do nothing about it but complain on a forum all your life???

and also what makes you think new yorkers dont travel?? is this what out of towners like you think ? that us nyc people just stay in the 5 boroughs all day long??

well keep thinking that

out of towners always making false info about new yorkers llmaoo

Old 12-18-2010, 11:02 PM

970 posts, read 2,967,641 times
-East St. Louis, IL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2q3vqTiFHg

-Highland Park, MI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlD76MZ6C78

-Cairo, IL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJW8l...eature=related

-Camden, NJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8U7pnujsI

-Flint, MI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxZj567NP74

Old 12-21-2010, 11:06 AM

9 posts, read 24,680 times

old part of east side south central

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="Google Maps /><small><a href="Google Maps" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM

9 posts, read 24,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts323 View Post
old part of east side south central

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="Google Maps /><small><a href="Google Maps" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
South Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City