Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:33 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,569,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I am on topic. This just shows how some people can't handle other's opinions, like how I prefur FL over PA, and you are one of those people. For the good of this thread, why don't you stop insulting and belittling people because of where they live. Shows how ignorant your are.
I believe you are giving your opinions a little more importance then many on this forum would. Nobody cares whether you prefer Florida to Pennsylvania and nobody is losing sleep over it. It a thread where members post their opinions, there is no wrong or right. We dont want to see every private IM you recieve on this thread.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:33 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
What an ignorant statement, especially figuring many Floridians come from places in the NE. It is those "cultured" people from places like the NE (that you speak of) that also contribute to the so-called "cultureless" Florida.
As well as the rudeness!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 01:05 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,752,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I believe you are giving your opinions a little more importance then many on this forum would. Nobody cares whether you prefer Florida to Pennsylvania and nobody is losing sleep over it. It a thread where members post their opinions, there is no wrong or right. We dont want to see every private IM you recieve on this thread.
You are being very hypocritical. This thread is for people's opinions, and you just said so yourself, so why are you going after people for preferring Florida over anything. I have lost count of the amount of times you have come after me with some bias negative Florida articles that you browsed the internet for to try to show me how "bad" Florida is. It seems you are losing sleep over it.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,752,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
As well as the rudeness!!!
As well as hypocritical

Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 PM

8,290 posts, read 23,120,137 times
Give me hot and humid!!! I love me some Florida!

Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
Quote:
I totally understand that most Floridians (except for Miamians) can not handle or hack it in large real cities. However those historic building you speak so negatively about offer culture, history, and community, something Florida lacks severly. Your so-called riverfront does nothing to negate the miles of cultureless strip malls that Florida is so famous for. Thats why cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco will always over power anything in culturless Florida because there is a strong sense of community!
1. I never had any intentions of going to a big city. I don't care for them one bit at all. I don't particularly care whether or not I could "hack it there", there are just not a place I would ever want to live.

2. Culture does not matter to me, entertainment does. I enjoy football and sports. I don't enjoy ballerinas, theater and opera. If that makes me less "cultured" so be it. I'll take the Gators over Broadway any day.

3. Cultureless strip malls? There not as negative as you make them out to be....they gave me steady employment and I could buy everything I needed at prices I could afford. While your "cultured" malls in the NE charge a lot more just so you can look at some fancy sculptures while you shop. I'll take the money over the statues any day.

4. I live in the present, not the past. I could care less if there isn't as much "history" in Florida as elsewhere. Newer buildings, new infrastructure, very well maintained roads.... those mean a lot more to me than run down, poorly maintained and older infrasturcutre that is "historic".

Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 PM

133 posts, read 498,433 times
Sorry I say Florida hands down. There is no advantage to living in PA (that I can think of readily off hand), but Florida has great weather and no snow! I know that's a tacky answer and I am not a PA hater by any means. I love Philly (but hate the Eagles...for obvious reasons...Go Giants), and Central PA is great too.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times
Quote:
I totally understand that most Floridians (except for Miamians) can not handle or hack it in large real cities. However those historic building you speak so negatively about offer culture, history, and community, something Florida lacks severly. Your so-called riverfront does nothing to negate the miles of cultureless strip malls that Florida is so famous for. Thats why cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco will always over power anything in culturless Florida because there is a strong sense of community!
That, plus they pay a dollar more an hour at Burger King!

Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
The numbers are evening up a bit I see.....remember it is only someone's opinion...NOT an attack, I hope, on any particular state or poster.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,569,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Newer buildings, new infrastructure, very well maintained roads.... those mean a lot more to me than run down, poorly maintained and older infrasturcutre that is "historic".
It seems Florida's infrastructure may not be as good as you make it out to be:

Official neglect: Florida's infrastructure going to pot. -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City