Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 08:49 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
NYC adding to the homicide and shooting totals today. Wow smh, out of control. I'll let the news catch you guys up tomorrow.
This is what happen when you turn against the police over the action of a single individual... Look at what happened in B'more after Freddy gray... Criminals loves situation like this because they will have a free pass to commit crime.

Last week a 20 year old Brooklyn. man got killed broad daylight in front of everybody in a busy street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 09:04 AM

278 posts, read 140,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
This is what happen when you turn against the police over the action of a single individual... Look at what happened in B'more after Freddy gray... Criminals loves situation like this because they will have a free pass to commit crime.

Last week a 20 year old Brooklyn. man got killed broad daylight in front of everybody in a busy street
And didn't the NYPD give a order for cops to lay low this weekend?

That would happen before the protests too.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
And didn't the NYPD give a order for cops to lay low this weekend?

That would happen before the protests too.
When the whole nation turn against the police, when even officials turn against them for politic reason, cops will simply sit and homicide will spike. 112 people got shot in NYC in just 8 days... If you do not see the "coincidence" then you are delusional just like many of those "defund the police" people.

the man is smart, the people is stupid

Last edited by jayo2k; 07-06-2020 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-06-2020, 09:42 AM

278 posts, read 140,371 times
Quote:
When the whole nation turn against the police, when even officials turn against them for politic reason, cops will simply sit and homicide will spike. 112 people got shot in NYC in just 8 days... If you do not see the "coincidence" then you are delusional just like many of those "defund the police" people.
So calling out Corrupt officers is turning our backs on all police? So the solution is to prove them right? I guess more than just a few cops are corrupt by this logic. The while system must be corrupt.

The NYPD has a 6 billion dollar budget. They get a extra couple thousand for every drug bust. They don't need THAT much money. They need to be refunded.

YOU just admitted we have spoiled brats running around in Uniform.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,931,302 times
A new high(or low, depending on how you look at it) in Chicago for the 4th of July weekend. According to heyjackass: 20 killed and 72 wounded and according to NBC: 17 killed and 72 wounded: link.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:55 AM

817 posts, read 598,836 times
Chicago is pretty much on pace with the horrifying numbers of 2016, which means that 700 to 800 homicides is a real possibiity. I just remember how city leaders were there on January 1st fist bumping over three years of dropping homicide numbers. I get that this is a weird year, a tough year, everywhere. But there is no reason to think that those three years weren't just lucky, because the things that cause Chicago's gun violence (segregation, inequality, a garbage economy) are as bad or even worse than before.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:57 AM

817 posts, read 598,836 times
Quote:

the man is smart, the people is stupid
If the police are truly ignoring serious crime just to throw a fit about public protests then they are even worse than we thought and they shouldn't just be defunded but should actually be abolished.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:12 PM

593 posts, read 667,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignCrunch View Post
If the police are truly ignoring serious crime just to throw a fit about public protests then they are even worse than we thought and they shouldn't just be defunded but should actually be abolished.
I agree. Those type of cops are the cops who are more worried about the blue wall of silence being broken than they are getting the the bad cops out. The work culture of policing has been dangerously morphed into us versus them mentality instead of to protect and serve. Before I say this I will say I am pro 2A, but I don’t see how the police culture can ever totally and permanently change in this country with as many guns in circulation as there are. Hell even a good guy with a gun is only a good guy until life circumstances or a bad decision push him to the point that he decides to not be. When there’s enough guns in circulation to arm nearly every single citizen, police will always be on edge like they are, and when you have a group of people constantly on edge, they will always band together resulting in the us versus them mentality.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:11 PM

6,559 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Quote:
Chicago is pretty much on pace with the horrifying numbers of 2016, which means that 700 to 800 homicides is a real possibiity. I just remember how city leaders were there on January 1st fist bumping over three years of dropping homicide numbers. I get that this is a weird year, a tough year, everywhere. But there is no reason to think that those three years weren't just lucky, because the things that cause Chicago's gun violence (segregation, inequality, a garbage economy) are as bad or even worse than before.
Atlanta is on pace to finish above 100, which also happened in 2016.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
What do you propose then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City