Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I feel that_________has the best cities.
Virginia 202 50.50%
North Carolina 198 49.50%
Voters: 400. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
The growth rates you posted is that population or economic?
Population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Despite Charlotte having he most buildings, it still is a boring, bland city, and just like most of North Carolina (excluding the mountains and coast) is overhyped.
How old are you? I ask because I've seen you make this same, tired statement here and elsewhere but I've never seen you give any sort of reasoning for it. You just sound like a tweenybopper hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,165,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Population.

How old are you? I ask because I've seen you make this same, tired statement here and elsewhere but I've never seen you give any sort of reasoning for it. You just sound like a tweenybopper hater.
I don't have to, because it's my choice not to do so. Further, the poll speaks for itself, more people are in favor of Virginia than NC.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I don't have to, because it's my choice not to do so.
I'm guessing it's because your preference isn't really based as much in facts as it is in....I don't know. Emotions maybe?

Quote:
Further, the poll speaks for itself, more people are in favor of Virginia than NC.
The poll is one thing; state population figures, which are the numbers that actually count, is quite another.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:09 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Oh yeah, our college sports are better too. Thanks for pointing that out.
Little off topic because this isn't my opinion on the actual cities in NC, but there's no way your college teams are better. Other than UNC and Duke basketball, there isn't much else. Georgetown and Maryland have good basketball, Va Tech, Maryland, UVA are all good/decent for football usually, Johns Hopkins and Maryland are top notch for lacrosse.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Little off topic because this isn't my opinion on the actual cities in NC, but there's no way your college teams are better. Other than UNC and Duke basketball, there isn't much else. Georgetown and Maryland have good basketball, Va Tech, Maryland, UVA are all good/decent for football usually, Johns Hopkins and Maryland are top notch for lacrosse.
Georgetown, Maryland, and Johns Hopkins aren't in Virginia, so I don't know why you are bringing them up. Wake Forest and NC State have decent sports programs as well, and Davidson also does pretty good in basketball. But the fact that UNC and Duke dominate college basketball is enough to make a case for NC versus Virginia which has teams that just do okay in certain sports.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Dude, get real. NC has 6 major universities that compete in Division I athletics, one of which annually finishes in the Top 10 for the Director's Cup (UNC). NACDA Directors' Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3 of the universities you mentioned aren't even in the state of Virginia. If you're going argue something, at least understand what it is you are arguing.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
It must be that northern Virginia thing. Lol. But, to defend VA, Tech did beat NCSU at home. I was sooo disappointed.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 AM

370 posts, read 1,009,957 times
Quote:
It must be that northern Virginia thing. Lol. But, to defend VA, Tech did beat NCSU at home. I was sooo disappointed.
Definitely a heart-breaker for NC State fans but glad my Hokies pulled it out at the end

Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric75 View Post
Definitely a heart-breaker for NC State fans but glad my Hokies pulled it out at the end
Lol. I was so hurt. But things will get better.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Lol. I was so hurt. But things will get better.

NC State won that game in every category EXCEPT the final score.

They looked a lot better than VA Tech, so hopefully the Wolfpack will still have a great season. I'm a Wake fan, so I just have to turn my head elsewhere for most of football season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City