Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best downtown?
Philadelphia 120 45.28%
Boston 99 37.36%
DC 46 17.36%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
Oh...ok. So it's just some southern slang? Ok
Nah son, it's not southern slang at all. You might be one if you have on some red timbs like most Philly cats wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Fab made a whole mixtape recently about how y'all d**k eatin. Wale style. Jus sayin........
But then he jumps on Wale's remix and big up's DC all day. Let's face it. Philly is not DC's level in any way shape or form. DC is about getting money and Philly is grimey. The greatest rapper to ever do it (Biggie) made song after song referencing DC.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
LoSo, a bamma? Now I've heard it all. You prolly think kiss a bamma too, any one of these bols would trash homie on the mic, and don't let Philly niccas start bombin on eem, fillins would be hurt.

But he cool tho, groomed for the mainstream, can't argue with gettin that green.

Seriously, what Philly rapper is beastin like Wale right now? Who? Enlighten me. I like old school sh&t, so I'm not an expert. I respect Philly's contribution to the rap game but it's been a non factor since Beans.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:41 AM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Back to Downtowns. Let's compare vibrancy.

Freedom Plaza

Skateboarders in Freedom Plaza -- Doing Something Positive - YouTube

Love Park

Philadelphia Love Park - The Saga of a Skate Landmark - YouTube

Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
I honestly would think that was someone from North Carolina or Maryland, it may be distinctive to people who live in that area but most people would probably think this person is from somewhere in the south. DC doesn't have a distinctive accent or character trait or whatever you claim...again maybe locally but someone from north dakota would never be able to say "Oh he/she must be from DC"

Slim, you should forfeit your account for this post. Every city has an accent. Just because you can't connect with it, you shouldn't comment. Even your Philly folk on this board have acknowledge that DC has a distinct accent. Come on get in the game. People from DC have a uniqueness about them that separates them from Bmore, Philly and NYC. In fact, every city does. In the 90's, I was in Camden at a liquor store and these two dudes walked in and asked if I was from DC. I said yes, how could you tell and they said I had on aerobic socks (slouch socks) LLS.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM

857 posts, read 1,365,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Nah son, it's not southern slang at all. You might be one if you have on some red timbs like most Philly cats wear.
Correction: Im a born and raised Jamaica Queens Native living in Philly for about 6 years now, as far as red timbs and whatnot...I dont get it..your southern humor just doesnt translate well to non locals..bama..slim..all sounds country/southern to me..its not about me connecting to it..Im just saying what it sounds like. OK Cornbread?

Last edited by SirGreenDown; 03-23-2012 at 08:52 AM..

Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM

I also believe than another criterion is diversity. Well, Philly has got DC beat on that, too.

Footwork Battle @ Rittenhouse Square 05-28-11 # 7 - YouTube

Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM

857 posts, read 1,365,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Slim, you should forfeit your account for this post. Every city has an accent. Just because you can't connect with it, you shouldn't comment. Even your Philly folk on this board have acknowledge that DC has a distinct accent. Come on get in the game. People from DC have a uniqueness about them that separates them from Bmore, Philly and NYC. In fact, every city does. In the 90's, I was in Camden at a liquor store and these two dudes walked in and asked if I was from DC. I said yes, how could you tell and they said I had on aerobic socks (slouch socks) LLS.
SLIM? A liquor store in camden? LMAO did you just make this up?

All I said was the guy sounds like he could be from Maryland or North Carolina,Slim..cornbread..or whatever you guys say down there

Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 AM

The Philadelphia Museum of Art is also a much more enjoyable experience than any museum in DC. Superior architecture. Better lighting. Wider range of art. More eccentric, avant garde.

Philadelphia Museum of Art: Contemporary - YouTube

Philadelphia Museum of Art - Documentary on Fashion - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City