Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
TomJones123... They put in an inquiry about the schools in Shaker Heights near Cleveland. So let me hear your recommendations concerning neighborhoods in Cincinnati which can even hold a candle to Shaker Heights.
Mariemont can hold lots of candles. Though, since you never venture anywhere outside your insular little far-flung suburb 25 miles north of the city, I can imagine why you wouldn't recognize that.

Also, Shaker Heights is not a neighborhood in the City of Cleveland. It's a separate city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Nah, I'm not arguing with you.
Good idea, because there are none. Shaker Heights is like Indian Hill in Cincinnati, an enclave in and of itself. Hyde Park is a nice neighborhood, but Indian Hill it is not.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 PM

372 posts, read 466,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does everybdoy on city data cleveland forum live in little italy, i looked it up on maps google and it is very small, its only like 5 or 6 blocks?
It's just that popular .

It's small, but very dense. We are in a very important part of the city, close to University Circle and its booming growth, and close to inner ring suburbs. I have yet to meet anyone on here from Little Italy, but I have only been a poster for a little while.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Good idea, because there are none. Shaker Heights is like Indian Hill in Cincinnati, an enclave in and of itself. Hyde Park is a nice neighborhood, but Indian Hill it is not.
Hyde Park isn't trying to be Indian Hill, or vice-versa. Hyde Park is a functional neighborhood with a shopping district, restaurants, a central square and other amenities and is one neighborhood in the larger city. Indian Hill is largely an isolated bedroom community with gigantic mansion homes surrounded by huge wooded properties. You're comparing apples and skyscrapers.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 PM

372 posts, read 466,114 times
Quote:
Wow. Useless stuff like this, from one of your first posts in this thread, you have managed to turn it into this. Keep rambling. Sorry to the OP.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
I've never been to Shaker Heights but from a cursory google search Shaker Heights is MUCH more urban than Indian Hill, which BARELY has the population to be considered a city instead of a village.

Shaker Heights
Population • Total 28,448 • Density 4,685.0/sq mi (1,808.9/km2)
Indian Hill
Population • Total 5,907 • Density 318.7/sq mi (123.1/km2)

Sounds like a huge difference to me. Like I said, grain of salt.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I've never been to Shaker Heights but from a cursory google search Shaker Heights is MUCH more urban than Indian Hill, which BARELY has the population to be considered a city instead of a village.

Shaker Heights
Population • Total 28,448 • Density 4,685.0/sq mi (1,808.9/km2)
Indian Hill
Population • Total 5,907 • Density 318.7/sq mi (123.1/km2)

Sounds like a huge difference to me. Like I said, grain of salt.
So ask the people on the Cleveland Forum. Is Shaker heights one of the places to be or not? I knew it was a separate entity and not part of Cleveland, likely why it is so desirable. Indian Hill's lack of population density is one of the reasons it is so desired. A country atmosphere just outside of the City. And they go to great extents to keep it that way, including only upgrading the roads to a certain degree, as they do not want through traffic.

If Shaker Heights is considered an urban community, it is not because they desired it. Just too many people recognized a good thing and moved there. Sort of like Mason here in Cincinnati.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:23 PM

If Indian Hill is so desirable then why did it lose 2.1% of it's population between 2000 and 2010?

The Village of Indian Hill city, Ohio Census 2010 Results — Population

And here I am drawn into arguing with you anyways. I am finished now, have a few complimentary and unrelated to anything the OP wants posts on me!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
So ask the people on the Cleveland Forum. Is Shaker heights one of the places to be or not? I knew it was a separate entity and not part of Cleveland, likely why it is so desirable. Indian Hill's lack of population density is one of the reasons it is so desired. A country atmosphere just outside of the City. And they go to great extents to keep it that way, including only upgrading the roads to a certain degree, as they do not want through traffic.

If Shaker Heights is considered an urban community, it is not because they desired it. Just too many people recognized a good thing and moved there. Sort of like Mason here in Cincinnati.
You've totally gone off the deep end. Mason? Do you honestly believe half the things you post?

Old 07-22-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
You've totally gone off the deep end. Mason?
Oh come now, we all know that Cincinnati is located on the southern end of the Greater Mason Metropolitan Area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati