Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,311,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
If you would like to look at a King James Version of the Bible, which all the Fundamental Churches (King James Only) like to do, please check the footnote underneath Jonah 2:2 and Revelation 20:13 (there are more) (I'll give you those for now) and tell me what they say.

Now, why did they change what is in the top part (hell) to the bottom footnote (grave).

There is actually a reason for this.
LOL, I don't use that version and I know the difference from sheol and the other words that are being used. That is what research will do for you, when you actually go back and study the bible in the language it was written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Luke 16:23-24 is a parable --- it also says that the reason that the rich man went to 'hell' was because he had received good things in this life, and the reason that Lazarus went to Abrahams bosum was because he had received evil things (not belief) G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.

also this same place hades (the grave) is thrown into the 'lake of fire' the second death.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If hades is hell which is where the rich man is and it is the place of eternal torment how can it be thrown in to the 'lake of fire'?
How, because the bible says that Hades will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. A little research would help you understand that. Dead and Hades will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. If you know what was in the hebrew or greek bible, when those words come up, you will already know what words is suppose to be there. That is why it it valuable to learn the language for yourself.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 03-26-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Actually I believe I asked for it to be proven BY using scripture... you quoted my OP... not sure why you don't see that I am asking others to prove hell exists using scripture. Therefore, you don't have to worry about anything else BUT scripture although I would welcome any proofs not just the bible.

Well my great proof is that the words translated as "hell" do not mean a fiery torture pit for humans so you have to change the meaning of the original language in order to even see hell... hell as defined by modern Christians did not exist when the scripture was written.... So why should I think Sheol, Hades, Tartaroo, and Gehenna are really big pits of fire for burning unbelievers?

You tell me why I should modify the original meaning of those words to conform to the modern definition of hell (burning pit of torture for unbelievers)

Sheol and Hades were both "unseen" not burning.... Gehenna was a garbage dump and 1st century lingo for a bad punishment. Tartaroo was believed to be were celestial beings were thrown when they misbehaved...

So where is hell? I just proved that the original words cannot and never did mean eternal place of burning for unbelievers (hell).

So now you can counter.

Actually we are talking about what YOU think the word hell means... does the definition of hell you have... burning torture pit for unbelievers... fit the definition of Sheol, Hades, Tartaroo, or Gehenna? I don't think so but you can show me why you think it does if you wish....
Does it fit yes it does. Will you actually do the research to see how, I doubt it, as you have shown in the past and have actually said that you don't believe what scripture says? LOL, you say you don't believe the bible, actually what God said to be true. LOL, I don't and want tell you to do anything. I have already studied the words in the language it was presented in. What you do is your choice and have shown that you simply don't take the bible for what it say.

So, what, that is your choice. Some people walk to their own beat, even when they are way in left field. LOL, sorry, I just don't take anything that you say creditable, since you even said in your own words things that were not there in scripture and adding things or saying things that was in scripture. LOL, you say hell or heaven doesn't exist, and even had to say, well yes, it does say the Father spoke from Heaven, but I still don't believe in Heaven. LOL, a complete waste of time. That is like me saying that red cars don't exist, when one is driving down the road. Blind and foolish. Goodbye, for now, will be back if I want to waste an entire day with someone who will actually say they don't believe in what is in scripture. You play that game very well.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,202,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
How, because the bible says that Hades will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. A little research would help you understand that. Dead and Hades will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.
If you think "grave" means "hades" and is some sort of scary, dark place, like Mike555 keeps saying, why would Job want to be there?

Job 14:13 If only you would hide me in the grave (hades) and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me!

Job preferred to hide in Sheol (hades, hell, grave) (FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!) as opposed to facing God's anger in the land of the living.

HADES is a PAGAN WORD!!!!

What did the OLD TESTAMENT Hebrews understand about SHEOL?

All about Sheol and hell

Why didn't the authors of the King James Version just use grave in the first place? Or even "hades." I'm sure people coming out of the Dark Ages surely knew what Hades meant!!!! Hades is a god in Greek mythology.

They did speak English, didn't they? Why did they footnote it later? Why did they place the LOADED word HELL (coming out of Catholicism and Dante and all) everywhere?????

Why all of a sudden are the websites and churches having to explain all of this??? I wasn't told this in any church I grew up in. Do you have any idea how much pagan thought is in our churches??? Should we start with Christmas???

Last edited by herefornow; 03-26-2010 at 06:15 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 PM

894 posts, read 1,128,626 times
Quote:
The wages of sin is death....not hell...we deserve death not hell....
This statement makes a good deal of sense because when you look at it in context; it explains everything.

If the wage of sin is death, by accepting Jesus as the Savior and asking God's forgiveness for our sins, we are given eternal life.

BTW, this has been a really good thread. Lots of really great information, and really a lot to think about, ponder & consider.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post

BTW, this has been a really good thread. Lots of really great information, and really a lot to think about, ponder & consider.
I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
The wages of sin is death....not hell...we deserve death not hell....
That's what I keep trying to say! I thought nobody was listening.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
LOL, I don't use that version and I know the difference from sheol and the other words that are being used. That is what research will do for you, when you actually go back and study the bible in the language it was written.
Sorry about implying that you did not know.

Still getting to know people around here.

But, yes, I have been researching. My dad understood languages better than I do (I have been studying Hebrew).

He was the one that got me started on all this. He has studied Greek, Hebrew, Latin, you name it. He also knows a great deal of history and pagan thought and where all the ideas and philosophies came from.

He is a retired computer programmer and has been studying these things more than ever since he retired in 1990.

It helps to have the internet!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
It must really amuse God how stupid people are when people get angry and say:

"Go to h*** ".........

why do people say this at one another if it doesn't exist,.... instead why not people say "Go get UR'ed"

Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It must really amuse God how stupid people are when people get angry and say:

"Go to h*** ".........

why do people say this at one another if it doesn't exist,.... instead why not people say "Go get UR'ed"
Mystery Babylonian paganism.

What are we at? 4000+ years of it now?

(and I am not UR )

Can you imagine what the Muslims go through (they have an even worse version of hell than we do) trying to get away from the Muslim faith with the fear that they will be tormented and burned alive forever if they believe what the Christians do?

Last edited by herefornow; 03-26-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity