Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,564,756 times

Advertisements

....would you still want to be with God for eternity. In heaven and the New Earth.

This question was inspired by some of the responses I read in this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...our-place.html

Would you reject God?
I am really not interested in responses from atheists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 04:03 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,564,198 times
Well I already do think it's real and I haven't rejected God.

ETA: I'm not an Atheist so I'm not really sure why you added that, but whatever.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:49 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,954,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
....would you still want to be with God for eternity. In heaven and the New Earth.

Would you reject God?
I am really not interested in responses from atheists.

No because that would mean God is a liar after all and no one has any hope to begin with.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:52 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Would you reject God?
As Vizzini would say . . . "it is completely and in every other way INCONCEIVABLE!!!!" Besides . . . the loving and accepting God I have met is not rejectable . . . His presence is too overwhelmingly joyous.

But to play in your superstitious fantasy world where such lunacy is routinely accepted . . . I would be completely incredulous and devastated if such an abomination turned out to be real. The questions I would ask would need an unimaginable explanation to make it acceptable to me. I doubt even Almighty God could have such an explanation.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-13-2010 at 05:06 PM..

Old 10-13-2010, 05:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,199,983 times
But now, (God) please forgive their sin--but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written." ~~~Moses

Exodus 32:32

Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
He would not be able to wipe away the tears i would be weeping eternally for all those suffering in eternal torment , whether they be family,friends or stranger.

But praise be to God !!!!!!!!!!! What is impossible with man is possible with God . His arm is not short to save .

Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times
There's no need to imagine something that just isn't real.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,203 times
Mr5150,

Eternal Torment is age lasting, and ended at the close of the Mosaic age. The only record Biblically of people tormented in Hell are Jews, covenantal people, bound to the reverse effects of apostacy. Anyone outside of covenant with God is dead and without the spirit of life. They simply, return to the dust from whence they came. The only person that is given eternal life, is those who believe in Christ. Consistency behooves you to search the scripture further.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,564,756 times
Well as for me, I submit to God. I don't need to understand why He does things. I just need to say OK Lord Your will be done.

I chose to not put conditions on God for me to be in relationship with Him. If that were the case, I would point to human suffering and say, I don't like the way you allow stuff. Unless You behave in a way to my liking I will reject you.

To me to say I would reject God, because of Hell, is the same as saying I reject God, because my ways are better than God. I am kind of hearing this in the previous posts.

And let's not be so sure of our understanding of scripture when it means if we are wrong about this point of doctrine then we reject God. Frankly if I am wrong about Hell, I won't reject God. Truth is Truth and God is God. I am frankly surprised that UR folk would reject God

Give Romans 9:14-23 a read.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,564,198 times
The responses to this thread are shocking and sad.

So if God doesn't fit into the mold you made of Him you will reject Him? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity