Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 04:12 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?....................................
I find we are at the ' final phase ' of the international preaching/teaching work as Jesus instructed at Matt. 24:14; Acts 1:8.
This means what needs to happen is the ' final signal ' as found at 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3.
Whenever the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security......." that saying will prove to be the precursor for the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.

That rosy sounding ' Peace and Safety..... ' is leading people down the 'primrose path' which leads to destruction.
Even a bad economy could cause the political to see the wealth the religions have amassed and be easy taking for them even through the international banking system which could help set off the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 because the political will surprisingly turn on the religious world.

Right now I'll go with Not Rev. 8, but more like Rev. 6:8.
There we find three (3) things named: death, food shortage, and wild animal attacks.
War brings death and sickness brings death, and we know there is growing food shortage.- Luke 21:10-11.
Since both death and food shortages are literal, then animal attacks would also end up a literal.

Jesus returns at his Glory Time as found at Matt. 25:31-34,37 to separate people.
The separated humble ' sheep ' will do as instructed at Isaiah 26:20; and symbolically as per Psalm 91:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Hi, bellafinzi: How about (3) Jesus already returned in A. D. 70 as He promised and the inspired NT writers predicted He would? Just a thought.Preterist
I find it was the Roman armies who returned in the year 70 after the year 66.
God used the Roman armies as His arm of the law against un-faithful Jerusalem ( Not the whole world )
Thus, in the year 70 we saw the 'minor' fulfillment of Matthew 24:21-22 with the MAJOR fulfillment still future.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I do believe in the rapture and it could happen at any moment and I'm ready. (if Jesus had already returned, I would be gone and so would a lot of other posters here).
Jesus taught resurrection, Jesus did Not teach rapture.
No rapture in Noah's Day - Matt. 24:37
Flesh..... (physical) can Not inherit the kingdom - 1st Cor. 15:50
Jesus' Glory Time of separation is still ahead of us - Matthew 25:31-34,37
The figurative humble ' sheep ' are alive on Earth and can remain alive on Earth and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth when the humble meek will start to inherit the Earth.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
A Kingdom without a king...... Oh, but wait! There is one that's ruling NOW and one that is to COME! To whom does you're allegiance lies?
I don't know about you, but when I'm reigning with my King, all the former things of this world, this kingdom, will be no more! Here's to pledging your allegiance to Our Soon Coming King!!
Who have ears to hear, let them hear what the Spirit is saying unto them...... It's not to late, but the hour, keep an eye on the hour.
Since Pentecost I find Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation no matter where locate on Earth.
We are still instructed to pray for God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44-45) to come ( thy kingdom come........)
Jesus is that figurative ' stone ' (verse 45) that will bring an end to all other kingdoms or governments against him.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Do you believe He's coming back just like He said He would? That He said: Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eyes shall see Him, even those who pierced Him?
Do you believe Him? That the message was given to ALL, ALL including them that pierced Him?
The soldiers that pierced Jesus are dead and the dead paid for their sins by their death - Romans 6:23,7.
As Acts 24:15 promises there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous (such as those soldiers)
As the clouds hid Jesus ascension to heaven, so his return will be the same.
Please notice John 14:19 because Jesus informs us that the world would behold him No more.
Jesus will be seen by what is going on around us.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:40 PM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since Pentecost I find Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation no matter where locate on Earth.
We are still instructed to pray for God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44-45) to come ( thy kingdom come........)
Jesus is that figurative ' stone ' (verse 45) that will bring an end to all other kingdoms or governments against him.
The Kingdom came as Daniel said in the time of the ancient Roman Empire.
Jesus brought His kingdom but only the born again can see or enter it. This is why the Pharisees and many today ignore it. It is not of this world and comes without observation.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:53 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?

Me? Either.....

1) NOTHING at all! The Second Coming could be any day now.

OR

2) the Great Chastisement immediately before the Second Coming physically, he comes to a person, within a person.

My reasoning:

-We are at Revelation 20:9

-The Great Apostasy has already occurred

-The Antichrist has already come in the form of the last 4 or 5 popes

-The majority of the secrets of La Salette and Fatima have already taken place

-Matthew 24:37 For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, 39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Remember two things. A) Just like God's only concern in the Old Testament was Israel, so it is today as God's only concern now is his church....the Catholic Church. All Prophecy for the end times deals only with the Catholic Church. B) Just as Israel was looking for a larger than life earthly king figure in the Messiah and most people in that time didn't recognize Jesus as Messiah, so it is today. Most people misread Revelation and end time prophecy thinking of major "epic" events and fail to see what is taking place now has already fulfilled prophecy. God is more concerned with the spiritual battle, not the earthly ones.
The pope is not the anti christ, neither does Revelation speak about an anti Christ coming.

Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

If you dont believe the first thing Revelation tells you then why are you talking about something 20 chapters later?

Revelation is a book unfolding Tishri 1 to Tishri 23 showing the fall holy days happening in the lives of those who keep those things written in the book.

You arent getting it from the simple fact of your ignorance of the religion of Christ, its holy days, its feasts, its traditions and rituals with appointed Torah portions you dont know anythibg about, jus saying.

Rosh Hashanah, 10 days of Teshuvah, Yom Kippur, 4 days to Sukkot, Sukkot, Hashanah Rabbah and Shemini Atzeret.

These are what you are reading about in Revelation or Matthew 24.

You can assign an exact date to every chapter of Revelation from the fact that many things that are said and done in the fall holy days are only said and done on exact days, Torah portions and temple duties said and officiated on exact days and exact hours. You learn the 7 feasts of Christ, you learn Revelation.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
The Kingdom came as Daniel said in the time of the ancient Roman Empire.
Jesus brought His kingdom but only the born again can see or enter it. This is why the Pharisees and many today ignore it. It is not of this world and comes without observation.
The rise and fall of the political kingdom's statue of Daniel 2:44-45 ends up Not just with Roman "iron" but past Rome with feet mixed of Iron and Clay (Iron political / clay people) so what we are seeing long after the fall of the Roman empire is the ' clay ' of both British and American making up that dividing clay mixed with political iron. The visible softer clay undermining/weakening today's strong political Iron.
Jesus is that figurative ' stone ' that strikes the political statue's feet of iron and clay and topples it.
In other words, the political world does Not collapse on its own it will still be functioning when Jesus comes.
I would say we are at the time of the statue's toes, or even more likely to be at the ' time of the toenails ! '
When Jesus comes the ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 is ahead of us when Jesus comes in Kingdom Power.
This is a reason why we are all still invited to pray to God for the Kingdom to come... ( thy kingdom come....)
and invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20

Old 08-10-2022, 10:16 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
That is correct. The great Tribulation is still a future event, though when it will occur can't be said except that the rapture of the church must occur first. Also, I would place the beginning of the Tribulation in chapter 6 rather than chapter 8.
Thank you. I am very interested in the various views and hope to learn something as well as express my opinion which may be quite different.

I believe the opening of each of the seven seals represents 1000 years of world history. For example, the opening of the fifth seal tells of time of the Christian martyrs:

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held" Revelation 6:9

The opening of the seventh seal is the beginning of the millennium.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:34 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
First, in Scripture there is No capital letter "A" for anti-Christ. No one person is an Anti-Christ.
Even in 2nd Thess. 2:3-4 there is No capital letters for the false clergy class.
The composite false clergy man of sin, the man of lawlessness who seat themselves in the 'temple' (meaning 'houses of worship') as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God.- Acts 20:29-30
Good point. I was quoting the post I was responding to. I also believe no one person is "The" Antichrist. However, I do believe temples mean temples.

I couldn't see the relevance of Acts 20: 29-30 in your comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity