Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 06:24 PM

106 posts, read 136,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No I am not, deal with Gods word..

matt 25:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

take this too you rejector of truth:

mk 3:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
I just quoted the Greek and showed you the more accurate translations, and you go and quote the improper translation again. That does nothing to deter my point whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,953,909 times
Quote:
Yes you do..

Thats not for you to decide.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM

106 posts, read 136,152 times
Quote:
No I am not, deal with Gods word..

matt 25:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

take this too you rejector of truth:

mk 3:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Also, let's look at your claimed quote which "proves" eternal damnation. Notice that, right after it says you will never be forgiven, it only says you will be IN DANGER of (that is, liable to, but not inevitably doomed to) eternal damnation. But, you say that if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit you will not find forgiveness and be damned to Hell. By that logic, you aren't in DANGER of Hell, you ARE UNEQUIVOCALLY GOING TO HELL. There is no danger, there is no liability, only the inevitable Hell which awaits you if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:43 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,633,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
I just quoted the Greek and showed you the more accurate translations, and you go and quote the improper translation again. That does nothing to deter my point whatsoever.
I see no difference.....the KJV is a proper translation, agreed upon by many scholarly people. How exactly do you interpret "age-ending"??? What age? Who's age? What does that even mean? I'll tell you what it means, and it's not what you think or want to believe. It means age without end. Instead of trying to argue God's Word, why not follow his commandments to win souls to Christ?

If you're going to translate a few select words to your liking in Greek or Latin, then why not do the whole Bible? You don't trust what was interpreted, so do it yourself!!

You people take a few words that are difficult to translate and put your own meaning to it to fit your doctrine. You are only fooling yourselves, and no matter what you think the only thing that matters is God's plan. And God's plan includes an eternal heaven for the saved and an eternal hell for the unsaved. None of us like it, but we have no say in it.

Therefore it is imperative that all this bickering and nonsense stops because the fight should be to snatch souls out of the devil's hands, not between those claiming to know the Lord.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM

14,903 posts, read 17,194,775 times
Quote:
What I will believe is that God is Love and that man is accountable for what he does, but Gods love will not fail to bring all to repentance and God is not limited to any frame of time that man imposes
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I see no difference.....the KJV is a proper translation, agreed upon by many scholarly people. How exactly do you interpret "age-ending"??? What age? Who's age? What does that even mean? I'll tell you what it means, and it's not what you think or want to believe. It means age without end.
Hi, aionios is the adjective of aion and means of or relating to an age. An age is an indefinite period of time. God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,633,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, aionios is the adjective of aion and means of or relating to an age. An age is an indefinite period of time. God bless.
Yes yes, we've all heard this over and over ad nauseum....my questions were rhetorical, Shana.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Hi, Ilene, just clarifying for someone who may not have heard. Thanks and God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,522 times
He was calling them Vipers - just like he told certain truths in parables - he was comparing them to vipers and snakes - not literally. God is not willing that anyone should perish. In Ezekial God says - "I do not take pleasure in the destruction of the evil man - why doesn't he repent, turn away from his wrongdoing..." God knows that we have our own minds and respects that. But he longs to have a real, relationship with people. Gods eyes are still going to and fro over the earth - looking for men and women who are seeking him. He sent his own son to this earth.....he has made a way, its there!!! We are without excuse - when we know the truth about Jesus and then turn our back and walk away. Thats what makes us vipers and snakes!!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 PM

28,106 posts, read 30,014,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Let's not go there. We see nothing in scripture where God desires for people to be in hell. Scripture clearly says, that God does not delight in the death of the wicked. God loves everyone and wants none to perish. I believe Jesus did not die on the cross for the whole world but for His elect who He predestined to be in heaven but there is no verse that God desires for men to go to hell. This is just another mystery of God which in our perverted, fallen state we are in we could never know nor comprehend. We should not fill in the blanks; we should only go from scripture. Much safer.
Fundamentalist, why you you believe God put people down here on Earth knowing that He was going to end up damning them? I can't imagine why He wouldn't at least give us all an equal chance to accept His Son? That just doesn't sound like a loving Father in Heaven at all to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity