Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
Also, let's look at your claimed quote which "proves" eternal damnation. Notice that, right after it says you will never be forgiven, it only says you will be IN DANGER of (that is, liable to, but not inevitably doomed to) eternal damnation. But, you say that if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit you will not find forgiveness and be damned to Hell. By that logic, you aren't in DANGER of Hell, you ARE UNEQUIVOCALLY GOING TO HELL. There is no danger, there is no liability, only the inevitable Hell which awaits you if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit.
Deal with Gods word..

matt 25:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

take this too you rejector of truth:

mk 3:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,506,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Fundamentalist, why you you believe God put people down here on Earth knowing that He was going to end up damning them? I can't imagine why He wouldn't at least give us all an equal chance to accept His Son? That just doesn't sound like a loving Father in Heaven at all to me.
God is more loving than any eathly father, he is more just than the most upright man or woman. He gives everyone the opportunity to seek him. But do we seek him? Or are we just seeking Money, a Great Car, a handsome/Beautiful partner. Do we follow our own ambtions and feel pride in our own acheivement? But David is Psalms says "TEach me to number my days" Because knowing that time is short, that we are like grass that grows up then is gone, like the flowers of the field that blossom and then die - that is real wisdom, and that is what makes us realise the importance of our souls and eternal destination. Seek God while he may be found, Call on him while he is near. Now you, who are reading this - have your chance.....

Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
God is more loving than any eathly father, he is more just than the most upright man or woman. He gives everyone the opportunity to seek him.
This is sentimentalism, not bible truth..God hates the devil and his seed, and is not their Father..

Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,215,431 times
God loves His enemies and Jesus taught us to love our enemies, to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. God bless.

Lule 6: 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Matthew 5
43"You have heard that it was said, ')YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect

Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM

106 posts, read 136,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Deal with Gods word..

matt 25:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

take this too you rejector of truth:

mk 3:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Sir, you continually ignore my points and continue to post over and over again what I've already suggested is, based on Greek, a flawed translation. To defend a point in an argument you don't simply continue to restate your initial point, you actually counter attacks against it and show that you're original point stands. You have not done so, and my point continues to stand as far as you are concerned. If you wish to actually counter my point, feel free to do so, but don't continue to repost your original argument without actually countering my refutation.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God loves His enemies and Jesus taught us to love our enemies, to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. God bless.

Lule 6: 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Matthew 5
43"You have heard that it was said, ')YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect
This is only the elect enemies. The rest we can hate.

NOT.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,215,431 times
God bless, legoman

Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM

106 posts, read 136,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I see no difference.....the KJV is a proper translation, agreed upon by many scholarly people. How exactly do you interpret "age-ending"??? What age? Who's age? What does that even mean? I'll tell you what it means, and it's not what you think or want to believe. It means age without end. Instead of trying to argue God's Word, why not follow his commandments to win souls to Christ?

If you're going to translate a few select words to your liking in Greek or Latin, then why not do the whole Bible? You don't trust what was interpreted, so do it yourself!!

You people take a few words that are difficult to translate and put your own meaning to it to fit your doctrine. You are only fooling yourselves, and no matter what you think the only thing that matters is God's plan. And God's plan includes an eternal heaven for the saved and an eternal hell for the unsaved. None of us like it, but we have no say in it.

Therefore it is imperative that all this bickering and nonsense stops because the fight should be to snatch souls out of the devil's hands, not between those claiming to know the Lord.
I did not say "age-ending." That really doesn't make sense aside from being, perhaps, the ending of an age. Age-lasting/age-abiding does, however, make sense (in such a case, whatever is being described as "aionios" would simply pertain to as long as the age lasted). What I do not understand though is: where do you receive this evidence that aionios/age-lasting/age-abiding means age without end? I would be curious to see your evidence for this.

It should be noted that the famous Jewish historian Josephus (37-100 AD) used aionios to describe temporary periods of time. Such as the period of time John the Tyrant was within jail. Was John in jail for eternity? I don't believe so.

Josephus wrote this on the Pharisees of Jesus' day: "They believe that wicked spirits are to be kept in an eternal imprisonment (eirgmon aidion). The Pharisees say all souls are incorruptible, but while those of good men are removed into other bodies those of bad men are subject to eternal punishment" (aidios timoria)

Jesus obviously knew what he could have said if he really meant endless punishment, yet, he appears to have used just the opposite (aionios kolasis). He spoke of corrective punishment which only lasted temporarily.

PS: Even if, for the sake of argument, it were to be admitted that "aionios" meant eternity, would it take God an infinite amount of time to correct someone (which is what "kolasis" means)? Sounds like God can't correctly correct someone, as he would never get it done. xD

Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Sir, you continually ignore my points
Yes I do ignore your points since you ignore Jesus words..matt 23:

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Do you think i should ignore Jesus, the word of God and listen to you ? A false teacher ?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
This is only the elect enemies. The rest we can hate.

NOT.
Thats right, I hate with perfect hatred those who are Gods enemies and take His name in vain, like false religonist do..ps 139:

the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

19Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity