Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
There is nothing magical but death is death. It is appointed for man once to die then judgment. no second chances. You had your life to repent.

If you believe and repent before you die then you were the elect.
Since when does judgment mean "times up" and "you are not allowed to repent". You know what convinced me of the salvation of all? None of the NT verses that are commonly quoted. It was studying judgment in the OT that caused me to believe it and it happened at a time when I hotly gathering scriptures against it. I was not looking to believe it, I was looking to refute it. I was not saying "gee, why is God so mean?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
He is, humanity has no other savior but that verse doesn't mean ALL will be saved.
Hi, the majority of humanity has no Savior if He never gives them hope for salvation. But it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) God bless.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
The apostle John is speaking to believers Fundy. The whole world is contrasted with belivers:

1 John 5
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal (aionios) life and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself,[e] and the wicked one does not touch him.
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
He is speaking to Jews and among them are the elect. They grew under a racist slavation where they believe the gospel is only meant for them because Gentiles are unclean but John is stressing to them that salvation is not meant for them but the world, hence stressing, "the world" because if he was talking to believers who believed the gospel was for everyone, then "the world" is redundant.

It was meant for the chosen/ elect among the Gentiles as well.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
and there is no verse that proves that. If one dies not believing then what about death shows they will believe in the after life unless God makes them believe. No, people in hell will still reject God. The only way we can come to Jesus is if God draws us.

Quote:
Philippians 2: 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Yes, God will draw all to Himself Jesus said that the ruler of this world has been cast out and that if He was lifted up from the earth, He would draw(drag) all men to Himself. Death is not obstacle. It is to be abolished. (1 Cor. 15)

God bless.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Hi, the majority of humanity has no Savior if He never gives them hope for salvation. But it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) God bless.
"the world" is humanity; a realm, Jesus came into our realm "the world" of existence. Without Jesus our realm has no savior but because of Jesus our realm has a savior and in that realm people who believe will be saved. only the elect believe again this doesn't mean that ALL will be saved, only the ones who believe.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
He is speaking to Jews and among them are the elect. They grew under a racist slavation where they believe the gospel is only meant for them because Gentiles are unclean but John is stressing to them that salvation is not meant for them but the world, hence stressing, "the world" because if he was talking to believers who believed the gospel was for everyone, then "the world" is redundant.

It was meant for the chosen/ elect among the Gentiles as well.

The world means the Gentiles, when contrasted with the Jewish believers. If one was not a Jew, he or she was a Gentile. I am not getting where you are coming from. John is speaking to belivers and whether or not they were Jewish believers, the world refers to the Gentiles. Jesus died for them also. God bless.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
"the world" is humanity; a realm, Jesus came into our realm of existence. Without Jesus our realm has no savior but because of Jesus our realm has a savior and in that realm people who believe will be saved. only the elect believe again this doesn't mean that ALL will be saved, only the ones who believe.
Hi, the majority of the realm has no Savior then because according to your view they have no hope for salvation. They are brought into creation with no hope for salvation. God then is not their Savior. But the apostle Paul tells us that God is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. Believers are a group within the whole of humanity of which God is Savior. God bless.

Colossians 1: 15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.
17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
18He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
19For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
but ta panta does mean something like "the universe",

16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created. 17 And He is before all, and the whole (ta panta) in Him combine. 18 And He is the head the body of the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that should be in all things He preeminent. 19 For in Him thought well all the fullness to dwell; 20 and through Him to reconcile (apokatallaxai) the whole (ta panta) to Himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by Him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.
(Col. 1:16-20, Apostolic Interlinear Bible)

verse 21 does not limit the former verses in my opinion, as you can't limit the universe to the elect, you just can't - at least in my opinion, but I agree, that this is the only section that includes the devil in the reconciliation.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Hi, the majority of the realm has no Savior because according to your view they have no hope for salvation. God then is not their Savior. God bless.
That is your assumption, I can only go from scripture I do not go on conjecture.

(John 3:16)
16"For God so loved the world "realm" "humanity", that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes "who can believe" in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

So it is clear that the world has a savior but in order to be saved all they have to do is believe.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 PM

And they will believe Fundy, if they will confess Him. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity