Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM

14,900 posts, read 17,191,188 times

Advertisements

1 Timothy 4:10 reads in "He is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe" God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,904,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No, God says Himself, that his desire is for all men to be saved. So if that is His desire why aren't all men saved? Billions have died in their sins without repenting. Why were they not saved before they died?
What is so magical about the point of death? To us death is a huge deal. To God it's like falling sleep and waking up. Is it too hard for God to save after death and resurrection? Why not save Saul before He stood by and consented to Steven's murder? Why didn't God save Saul a day sooner before Saul fell asleep that night? As if falling asleep or death are magical points in time after which God is powerless to save. The same way the pharisees assumed that God could need heal on the Sabbath, Chirstians assume that God can not heal after death. As if it is somehow unlawful to do so.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
1 John 2:2
"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."

God bless.
I already explained that verse to Sven, that is an elect verse. John talking to Jews not Christians. Your ripping it out of context. If John is talking to Christians he is being redundant by stressing "the world" but with Jews he is telling Jews that the gospel is not just for the Jews.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM

Yes, all who believe in this life, experience God's salvation. But He is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe. Believers have a special salvation as we have been sharing all along. Eventually all will believe if all will confess Him. God bless.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
1 Timothy 4:10 reads in "He is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe" God bless.
He is, humanity has no other savior but that verse doesn't mean ALL will be saved.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
What is so magical about the point of death? To us death is a huge deal. To God it's like falling sleep and waking up. Is it too hard for God to save after death and resurrection? Why not save Saul before He stood by and consented to Steven's murder? Why didn't God save Saul a day sooner before Saul fell asleep that night? As if falling asleep or death are magical points in time after which God is powerless to save. The same way the pharisees assumed that God could need heal on the Sabbath, Chirstians assume that God can not heal after death. As if it is somehow unlawful to do so.
There is nothing magical but death is death. It is appointed for man once to die then judgment. no second chances. You had your life to repent. If I see it in scripture then I would agree with you.

If you believe and repent before you die then you were the elect.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, all who believe in this life, experience God's salvation. But He is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe. Believers have a special salvation as we have been sharing all along. Eventually all will believe if all will confess Him. God bless.
and there is no verse that proves that. If one dies not believing then what about death shows they will believe in the after life unless God makes them believe. No, people in hell will still reject God. The only way we can come to Jesus is if God draws us.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:54 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,337,468 times
Quote:
No, God says Himself, that his desire is for all men to be saved. So if that is His desire why aren't all men saved? Billions have died in their sins without repenting. Why were they not saved before they died?
do you I understand you right, because you see, that not all people are saved in this life, you assume they will never be saved?

What if people are brought to repentance in the next life, while I reject immortal soulism, there are some points to consider:

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Acts 24:15

I do not dispute that here the ressurection of jugdment might be meant, but what if this judgment brings people to repentance?

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Isaiah 26:9

Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High: Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help. Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107:11-15

if the wicked would go to hell instantly after death, why the ressurection for judgment?

why should God raise the wicked for judgment only to everlastingly torment them?

Matthew 11:12

But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

notice, it says more tolerable on the day of judgment, not in eternity, everlasting torment can't be more tolerable for one then for another, thus this verse makes only sense, if it's a limited remedial punishment, or at least followed by annihilation.

how do you reconcile the verses that speak about punishment according to the works, this are not few verses, if all receive the same penalty, if Hitler, an unsaved Chinese teenager who never heard the Gospel and the devil himself would suffer all the same penalty, how would this fit according to the works and how would it be just?

Last edited by svenM; 06-22-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
do you I understand you right, because you see, that not all people are saved in this life, you assume they will never be saved?

What if people are brought to repentance in the next life, while I reject immortal soulism, there are some points to consider:

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Acts 24:15

I do not dispute that here the ressurection of jugdment might be meant, but what if this judgment brings people to repentance?

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Isaiah 26:9
"what if" I don't go on what if's. I don't see that in scripture. The bible is clear in judgment. I see no scripture indicating that judgment is some kind of purgatory or correction until one repents?

(Matthew 7:22-23)
22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM

The apostle John is speaking to believers Fundy. The whole world is contrasted with believers:

1 John 5
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal (aionios) life and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself and the wicked one does not touch him.
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal (aionios) life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity