Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
If a person genuinely believes that Christ is the Son of God, and truly repents of his past sins, he is given the gift of the Holy Ghost (which God gives to them that OBEY Him-Acts 5:32.) Then, and only then is he able to lay down his own will to do the will of his Father in Heaven. He becomes sealed unto the day of redemption by the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:30,) and no man is able to pluck him out of the hands of Christ or His Father (John 10:28-29.) Heb. 10:36 says: “For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”
But I am convinced that some who have been partakers of the Holy Ghost, blaspheme that Holy Spirit by turning aside and committing that unpardonable sin of willfully and maliciously doing things they know to be wrong and lose the protection that has been given them by our loving Saviour and His Father. I believe Judas was one who had been given the power to cast out devils, and committed that terrible Apostasy in betraying our Saviour.
We can hope that there are few that commit apostasy, but I believe it behooves us all to walk that straight and narrow path once we have received that Holy Spirit. St. Paul said very clearly, “If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” – Rom. 8:9.)

As i have proven in another thread, Peter sinned and taught false doctrine even after Pentecost because of his fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 04:04 PM

32 posts, read 31,362 times
Here is the thing with the FREE GIFT, we CAN throw it away and then we no longer have it.
JESUS said "I AM the vine YOU are the branches".
Who was HE talking to?Sinners who rejected HIM?No HIS followers!
Paul said "will I then take the members of a harlot and join them to the body of CHRIST?GOD FORBID!"
In other words you are a vine in JESUS or a member of HIS body ONLY when you have been born of the water and the SPIRIT,In other words, believed, repented been baptized in HIS name and filled with HIS SPIRIT!
Now JESUS said "If a branch abides NOT in me(in other words does not remain living in HIM,Romans 8:1) then they will not produce fruit, will be cut off ,wither up and be burned!"
John 15:1-6Plain and simple.
Can we EARN our salvation?No. HOWEVER in order to receive it we MUST be born again John 3:1-5,Acts 2:38.
Now after we have been born again can we lose it?According to JESUS yes.
John 15:1-6 According to the Apostles INCLUDING Paul YES!
1 Corinthians 15:1-2 Romans chapter 8,1 Corinthians 9:27 2 PETER 2:20 Hebrews 6:1-6 ,10:26-29 and MANY other warning did JESUS and the Apostles give us concerning this.
Once saved always saved sounds just like the wonderful promise the serpent made to Eve
"Go ahead and eat the fruit of knowledge you WON'T DIE Eve honey!You'll be as GODS!"
I mean once a son ALWAYS a son right?GOD couldn't disinherit Adam or Eve right?
It was a lie then and it is a lie now.OSAS has sent a lot of backsliders to hell and caused a lot of people to stop struggling against their sin nature and the devil and just give in to them instead of praying through and getting the power to overcome sin.It has sent many to a burning hell.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:09 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I'm a total believer in Universalism, so I hear ya.

Praise Jesus!
What is universalism?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
what is universalism?
Everybody receives eternal life in God's Kingdom no matter how deep or how covered in their sins they were when they died.

When you get there, you'll even see satan there just sittin' on a cloud free and clear.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Everybody receives eternal life in God's Kingdom no matter how deep or how covered in their sins they were when they died.
When you get there, you'll even see satan there just sittin' on a cloud free and clear.
No wonder you do not understand Christian Universalists, Verna . . . you have no clue what they actually believe and what it means. You believe this brief life allotted to us is the end all and be all of God's creation instead of just the beginning stage of eternal life. You believe the obedience trials of our primitive ancestors is all that this life is about. You think reaping what you sow is annihilation for not obeying ten rules designed for primitive superstitious savages. You are sincere in your love of God, Verna . . . and you are sincere in rejecting sin . . . but your beliefs about God and His motives are simply wrong-headed. Christian Universalists love God as much as you do and we love each other as well. We know we will reap whatever we sow (and do not repent of) in this brief life . . . but this life is not the end of the trail . . . it is only the beginning.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:32 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
What is universalism?
A lie from the devil that claims everyone is saved in the end, even those who reject Jesus.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
What is universalism?
Christian Universalism, sometimes called Restoration is the belief that all will be restored to God one day through Jesus Christ.. All believers who have this belief do not believe everything exactly, but this is the common thread. As one who believes in the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ, I believe that the scriptures reveal that God's purpose is to restore all to Himself. All are not saved in this age or in the age to come, but eventually all will return to God. I believe that the scriptures teach that Jesus will subject all to Himself and that the purpose is so that God will become all in all. Jesus is undoing what the first Adam did when he brought sin and death into the creation by his disobedience. God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world and I believe that all will be saved in the end. The judgments of God are a part of the process in bringing all into the realization that they are in need of a Savior. The power of sin and satan, and neither the will of man, can thwart the purpose of God to restore all to Himself. This in not a new age belief but has existed since the early days of the church and down through time, and was held by many referred to as the early church fathers. God bless.

Colossians 1

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.*

Hebrews 2
"8 Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to him."

Psalm 68:

18 You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there. (NAS)

Ephesians 1: 1
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

Romans 8:
16 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:
17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope*
21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-26-2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
What is universalism?
Let me tell you what is IS NOT first. Is is not a doctrine that teaches that you are saved NO MATTER WHAT. It is the doctrine that teaches that everyone will eventually be saved through Jesus Christ. It teaches that you will be saved by conformance to His Good nature. In other words, that everyone will eventually possess the Spirit of God. It may take wrath to get us all there but it WILL Happen.

There are many that want to misrepresent universalism and say that we all believe that it will happen NO MATTER WHAT. That is a LIE!!!! So if they will tell you that kind of lie about our Faith, then please question theirs.

I hope you learn more about universal salvation. I believe it to be at the core of the Gospel. In fact, anything less than universal salvation amounts to a failure on the part of God to bring about the work that He began when He gave each of us the breath of life. Ask questions. I would love to educate you further. Trust me, there will be many more lies because the Devil just don't want you to know the Truth about this.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:59 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Let me tell you what is IS NOT first. Is is not a doctrine that teaches that you are saved NO MATTER WHAT. It is the doctrine that teaches that everyone will eventually be saved through Jesus Christ. It teaches that you will be saved by conformance to His Good nature. In other words, that everyone will eventually possess the Spirit of God. It may take wrath to get us all there but it WILL Happen.
Amen. God bless.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:01 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
A lie from the devil that claims everyone is saved in the end, even those who reject Jesus.
See antredd, this is another distoration of our beliefs. Keeping watching for this because there are many that want this doctrine of universal salvation to be stomped out. They don't want you to believe that Jesus will accomplish the purpose to eradicate sin. They want you to believe that Jesus just moves sinners to a new location call Hell where they can continue to be in eternal rebellion against God (which is sin). So in there doctrine, sin never gets eradicated. It continues for the rest of eternity. In there doctrine God fails to bring about His persuasion. In their doctrine God fails to be the savior of the ENTIRE world.

So ask questions. Check it yourself.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity