Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:48 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,569,253 times

Advertisements

Is it once saved always saved?

Or do we walk in and out of salvation?

Or..........?

Discuss.
Personally I believe we are secure in our salvation as long as we desire to be in relationship with God. But one can decide to say "I no longer want salvation" and walk away from God and end up lost. One need not worry about losing one's salvation as long as one wants it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 04:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Or..........?

Discuss.
Personally I believe we are secure in our salvation as long as we desire to be in relationship with God. But one can decide to say "I no longer want salvation" and walk away from God and end up lost. One need not worry about losing one's salvation as long as one wants it.
That is the correct.
  1. we are secure in our salvation
  2. But one can decide to say "I no longer want salvation" and walk away from God and end up lost.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:37 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,954,096 times
Can You Lose Your Salvation?

Yes, willful sin will cause you to fall from grace. The Adamic nature must be completely done away with by the blood of the Lamb.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
In Matthew 24: 11-12.....Jesus said ..``And because iniquity will abound , the love of many will wax cold.....but he that will endure to the end , the same will be saved``.......Believers of Jesus can lose their salvation , but it could not be easy, people have to rebel against Jesus and his spirit forsake the church and turn back to the world .... People can sin beyond the tolerances of Heaven and be judged impure to go to Heaven at their departure from this world ........ But If people live the life of the plan for Christians that the Lord has then they will be saved and live forever with Jesus,..... Death is overturned ...... Glory to God ,.....

Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,198,537 times
You can leave, but He will have to purge you even deeper when you return - and you will return. (Heb 6)

Old 04-06-2011, 05:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You can leave, but He will have to purge you even deeper when you return - and you will return. (Heb 6)
Jonah wasn't the only one who did a runner,being in the belly of a whale is no pleasant experience believe me.Been there and done that.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,434,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Or..........?

Discuss.
God doesn't change His mind. Nothing can separate us from His love. Where as I believe a born again Christian can't lose his salvation, I do believe that he surely can forget it.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
God doesn't change His mind. Nothing can separate us from His love. Where as I believe a born again Christian can't lose his salvation, I do believe that he surely can forget it.
OSAS is false doctrine.

Hebrews 12
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
[9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
[10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,434,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
OSAS is false doctrine.

Hebrews 12
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
[9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
[10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Have you read Romans 8? Romans 8 contains 39 verses - that is a lot of Scripture - in which Paul is adamant about defending the doctrine of Eternal Security.

So do people who say that they cannot accept this doctrine consider that Paul was wrong? How about the Gospel of John who is also strong on this teaching? John says this,

John 10:27: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:28: And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
John 10:29: My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.

Even earlier in John, it says this,

John 6:44: No one can come to Me unless the Father who has sent Me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:64: But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who is the one betraying Him.
John 6:65: And He said, Because of this I said to you that no one can come to Me unless it was given to him from My Father.

So we see that there were some that did not believe, Jesus knew about them, of course He did. But when it is granted to us by the Father to come in faith to Jesus, we come under the grace of God. Under the grace of God one cannot fail - it is really very simple Nobody, and I mean nothing, can pluck us out of the Father's hand! If that is not clear enough, one has the entire 8th chapter of Romans. Here are some to meditate on:

Rom 8:16: The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.
Rom 8:17: And if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; so that if we suffer with Him, we may also be glorified together.
Rom 8:18: For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.

And here is the ending:

Rom 8:29: For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.
Rom 8:30: But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, those He also justified. And whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Rom 8:31: What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32: Truly He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33: Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:34: Who is he condemning? It is Christ who has died, but rather also who is raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.
Rom 8:35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36: As it is written, "For Your sake we are killed all the day long. We are counted as sheep of slaughter."
Rom 8:37: But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us.
Rom 8:38: For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39: nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

All of these verses should be pretty convincing.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Judas was saved at one time, but fell by transgression. Some say that he was not saved, yet that is nonsense; you can't be a disciple of Jesus and not be saved. However, after journeying for awhile, the devil got to him -- and he fell from grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity