Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM

701 posts, read 800,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, the same apostle Paul states:

Romans 3:

19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are [h]under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works [i]of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for [j]through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.
21 But now apart [k]from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [l]who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all [m]have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a [n]propitiation [o]in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, [p]because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who [q]has faith in Jesus.
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith"

God bless.
First of all, did I ever say that righteousness was obtained by keeping the law? I fully agree that we are not saved because we keep the law. A true Christian keeps the law, not TO be saved, but BECAUSE they are saved. Do you see the difference? Go back a few posts and read my illustration of the soldier on the battlefield. The soldier was about to step on a landmine (probably because he wasn't following the Commanders original instructions) when the Commander stepped in and saved him. The soldier wasn't saved by any righteousness on his part, however after being saved he followed the Commander to the very end in all His instructions.

Please name one of the 10 commandments that God is ok with us violating. Give me one that is impossible to keep. The bible I read tells me "all things are possible through Christ", are you telling me that keeping the law is the one thing that is an exception to that? That Christ can't help us to keep HIS own law? The law doesn't just show us what sin is, it shows us who God is. The law shows up sin because the law is of God and it is a list of His will and desire for us. A transgression against it is a transgression against God. Satan chief charge against God was that His law was arbitrary and unfollowable, Christ came to prove that God's law is a law of love that needs no changing and can be kept, as Christ clearly showed us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:04 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
First of all, did I ever say that righteousness was obtained by keeping the law? I fully agree that we are not saved because we keep the law. A true Christian keeps the law, not TO be saved, but BECAUSE they are saved. Do you see the difference? Go back a few posts and read my illustration of the soldier on the battlefield. The soldier was about to step on a landmine (probably because he wasn't following the Commanders original instructions) when the Commander stepped in and saved him. The soldier wasn't saved by any righteousness on his part, however after being saved he followed the Commander to the very end in all His instructions.

Please name one of the 10 commandments that God is ok with us violating. Give me one that is impossible to keep. The bible I read tells me "all things are possible through Christ", are you telling me that keeping the law is the one thing that is an exception to that? That Christ can't help us to keep HIS own law? The law doesn't just show us what sin is, it shows us who God is. The law shows up sin because the law is of God and it is a list of His will and desire for us. A transgression against it is a transgression against God. Satan chief charge against God was that His law was arbitrary and unfollowable, Christ came to prove that God's law is a law of love that needs no changing and can be kept, as Christ clearly showed us.
Amen....

Romans 6:13-15
13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you.

1 Corinthians 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Conclusion: God keeps His promises..... for those who truly seek Him in spirit and truth...... against sin for those who will love, honor, and obey His commandments !!

Psalm 19:12-14
12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

2 Peter 2:4-12
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter;
7 and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men
8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),
9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment,
10 and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority.
Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties,
11 whereas angels who are greater in might and power do not bring a reviling judgment against them before the Lord.
12 But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed.

God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
(1 Corinthians 1:9)

Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
HalfNelson, my post was not directed to you but to someone else. God bless.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,966 times
~ One May Not Lose Salvation;
As In Mis-Placing It.

But, One May Throw It Away.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
As In Mis-Placing It.

Correct. Welcome !

Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 AM

701 posts, read 800,229 times
Quote:
As In Mis-Placing It.

Well said.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,966 times
Thanks guys. -

Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
Thanks guys. -
Thank you back ! I love truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity