Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 01:12 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Thats false, the Church, the Body of Christ has always existed in the world.
People were not put in the body of Christ until Jesus came and made the way for that reconciliation.

Jesus had to die first and rise again and ascend and send the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
So who is Isaiah writing for then? ...

Isaiah 42:1,4: “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations . . . He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth…”
It is a prophecy about Jesus who was to come.

Old 09-17-2022, 05:55 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
People were not put in the body of Christ until Jesus came and made the way for that reconciliation.

People were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And thats His Church

Old 09-17-2022, 06:01 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And thats His Church

Thats pure nonsense. It wouldnt be fair to all the others if your scenario is true, and all know-- all of Gods ways are justice-Deut 32:4
Jesus died so that anyone can obey him and repent and turn around.
1John 2:2--the whole world is given the opportunity.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:

The Holy Spirit has always been in the world, He is God, He regenerated people in the OT. Isaac was born after the Spirit like believers today are Gal 4:28-29

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

The Holy was sent on the day of pentecost in a different administrative capacity, that was to empower the Apostles for the preaching ministry under the new covenant

1 Pet 1:12

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

He specifically told His disciples Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit has always been in the world, He is God, He regenerated people in the OT. Isaac was born after the Spirit like believers today are Gal 4:28-29
No one was put in Christ until Christ died, rose again, ascended and sent the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 11:39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised,

Hebrews 11:13
All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Did you hear about a place called Abraham's bosom?

Old 09-17-2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:

And thats His Church
The plan was made before the creation of the world. Read it more carefully.

You have to listen to the Holy Spirit if you can and not what Calvin taught you.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
The church of the OT that prophesied the coming of the Messiah.
Quote:
The church is the body of Christ with his true worshipers. There was no church with people who went through Jesus blood until Jesus came and died for us.
Quote:
So who is Isaiah writing for then? ...

Isaiah 42:1,4: “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations . . . He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth…”
Quote:
It is a prophecy about Jesus who was to come.
To whom are the words for if not for the Church.

Which Came First: The Church or the New Testament?

by Fr. James Bernstein

"When the Church heard the Incarnate Word of God and committed His Word to writing, she thereby participated with God in giving birth to the written Word, the New Testament. Thus it was the Church which gave birth to and preceded the New Testament."

Old 09-18-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
No one was put in Christ until Christ died, rose again, ascended and sent the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 11:39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised,

Hebrews 11:13
All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Did you hear about a place called Abraham's bosom?
The Holy Spirit has always been in the world. John the Baptist Mother was filled with the Holy Spirit

Lk 1:41

And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

And John the Baptist himself, from his Moms womb.

Lk 1:15

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Technically both of the them were OT Saints, because Christ had not yet died !

Old 09-18-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
The plan was made before the creation of the world. Read it more carefully.

You have to listen to the Holy Spirit if you can and not what Calvin taught you.
The choosing action of God took place before the foundation, He chose a people in Christ. They are the only ones Christ came to redeem Eph 1:4,7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity