Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 05:19 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
jesus truth

Not relevant, God imprisoned both jews and gentiles in unbelief/disobedience
Of course it is relevant.

Quote:

God didnt allow anything that He didnt already purpose, the jews diobeying was the Lords doing Matt 21:42
God hardened many of the Jews.

If they can't believe and obey before they are saved then what is God hardening them for?

You need to keep that in mind.

In addition, some of those Jews who were hardened, they helped Jesus to get crucified, and then later, they repented of it and were saved.

That truth proves your Calvinistic beliefs false in more than one way.

Quote:

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Jews as well as Gentiles God has appointed to disobedience 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Its not just jews who stumble at the Gospel

Again, many of the Jews were cut off and hardened.

Ask yourself why were they cut off and bound to disobedience, unbelief, if they weren't able to believe and obey until saved first? If you say because they were already saved, then why would God stop them from believing and obeying? We know that many Jews that were cut off and hardened were saved later. Think about it some more. Something amazing can happen to you if you can humble yourself and repent for the false beliefs. Just think of what all Paul gave up for the truth. Paul was a pharisee and and went to college and calls it all dung after knowing the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
jesus truth

Man is in the prison of disobedience Rom 11:32 and his nature is one of disobdience eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Man by nature is carnal and his mind is enmity against God cannot be subject to God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

That word subject in the original means hypotassō :

to arrange under, to subordinate

to subject, put in subjection

to subject one's self, obey

to submit to one's control

to yield to one's admonition or advice

to obey, be subject

There you have it, man with our carnal mind cannot obey God.
You are trying to make the scriptures support your false beliefs.

I had to humble myself too for Jesus to save me and give me understanding.

I gave up the denomination of my family, the Catholic denomination with its beautiful churches and all the art and pomp. I spent many years of my life in church and catechism classes and baptism, first holy communion, confession, confirmation, etc. It was a big deal to family to leave the Catholic church.

Then when I got involved in the Mormon denomination, they were like even better than my family to me. However, when different people were telling me to repent of it, I could have gotten defensive and told them to mind their own business and who do they think they are, for I knew they weren't outstanding people in the Lord and what was it to them what I believed? I kept humble and kind though, and so glad I did, for it is what Jesus says to do to enter.

I hope you will consider carefully what the Bible says and keep listening to what I am saying.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:06 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You are trying to make the scriptures support your false beliefs.

I had to humble myself too for Jesus to save me and give me understanding.

I gave up the denomination of my family, the Catholic denomination with its beautiful churches and all the art and pomp. I spent many years of my life in church and catechism classes and baptism, first holy communion, confession, confirmation, etc. It was a big deal to family to leave the Catholic church.

Then when I got involved in the Mormon denomination, they were like even better than my family to me. However, when different people were telling me to repent of it, I could have gotten defensive and told them to mind their own business and who do they think they are, for I knew they weren't outstanding people in the Lord and what was it to them what I believed? I kept humble and kind though, and so glad I did, for it is what Jesus says to do to enter.

I hope you will consider carefully what the Bible says and keep listening to what I am saying.
There you have it. Man naturally has a carnal mind which is enmity against God, and cant be subject to God, which means cant submit, or obey God.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:34 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
There you have it. Man naturally has a carnal mind which is enmity against God, and cant be subject to God, which means cant submit, or obey God.
Then answer my question in the other thread. What the hell is the point of preaching the Gospel if they cannot respond?????

Old 09-21-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Why would you say there you have it after I said I obeyed Jesus and kept humble? You aren't even humble and claim to be saved. I knew I wasn't saved yet and had to keep humble because Jesus said to do that. No one can enter unless they are humble.

That disproves your ridiculously false going against God doctrine from Calvin.

No one can enter unless they humble themselves.

You say no one can believe and obey unless they were saved first.

Jesus says no you must obey and humble yourself to enter.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:55 AM

jesus truth

Quote:
Why would you say there you have it after I said I obeyed Jesus and kept humble?
I dont judge truth by you and your experiences, or anyone's for that matter, but by the word of truth. The truth is, the carnal mind is enmity against God, and isnt subject to the law of God, and therfore not subject to God, and cant be. The word subject Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It means :

to obey, be subject

So there, the carnal mind cant obey God. It doesnt matter to me if you say it can obey God, who do I believe between you and the word of God ?

Old 09-21-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
jesus truth

I dont judge truth by you and your experiences, or anyone's for that matter, but by the word of truth.
No you do not.

If you think you do then you have fooled yourself, because there is no scripture anywhere that says what you say.

1. Give the scripture that says no one can believe and obey God.
2. Give the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

Don't give scriptures you think says it.

Give scriptures that say those things.

Quote:
The truth is, the carnal mind is enmity against God, and isnt subject to the law of God, and therfore not subject to God, and cant be. The word subject Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It means :

to obey, be subject

So there, the carnal mind cant obey God. It doesnt matter to me if you say it can obey God, who do I believe between you and the word of God ?
The carnal mind is about a mind only interested in pleasing the flesh with sin.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
No you do not.

If you think you do then you have fooled yourself, because there is no scripture anywhere that says what you say.

1. Give the scripture that says no one can believe and obey God.
2. Give the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

Don't give scriptures you think says it.

Give scriptures that say those things.

The carnal mind is about a mind only interested in pleasing the flesh with sin.
The carnal mind is man by nature, unregenerate. Paul told some of the Corinthians

1 Cor 3:3

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

and that was to regenerate men. So if one is unregenerate, they are carnal. So, the carnal mind is enmity against God, and it cannot obey God Rom 8:7

Even a religous person, a extremely religious devout person, who is unregenerate, cant obey God, because they are yet carnal.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:50 AM

248 posts, read 81,508 times
Posting wha another person said ecplaining freewill he had logic !

Curtis said:

Angels have the ability to choose, but they were not given the right to choose. This is why there is no salvation for angels.
Humans have the ability to choose and were given the right to choose.
Twistie replies:

I see it as the the angels also had free will free to choose YH or free to choose their own path n I believe there's no repentance for them for they were in YHs glorious presence when they went astray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity