Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 10:25 PM

248 posts, read 81,731 times

Advertisements

Calvin is no false teacher, please he is A good man let God decide that your not God to decide that Jesus Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 03:35 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That is about God loving His creation.

He love 'us' in general.

God does NOT contradict Himself.

You know I gave you many scriptures that say God hates sinnners.

What are you doing with God's words?

You are going in circles trying to protect Calvin's false teachings.
Another false statement, that Gods Love is in general. Gods Love is Great for sinners He Loved Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Now this great Love was for us when we were dead in sin, not obedient.

There is nothing general about Gods Great love for sinners, thats a false teaching !

Note: That word great for great love in Eph 2:4 it means:

great, strong, intense, large:

Old 09-16-2022, 07:37 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
I don't lie.

You are given scriptures.

You choose Calvin over Jesus.

God does not love sinners.

Psalm 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Psalm 5:5 The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all workers of iniquity.

Romans 9:13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Are you really that ignorant? I told you Jesus loves those who love him by obeying him. The church are those who love him by obeying him.

You want a way out of your confusion? I can help you.

There was no church before Jesus died. Good grief, person.
The church of the OT that prophesied the coming of the Messiah.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:27 PM

248 posts, read 81,731 times
This is why you cannot deny yourself if you do not put your will in God's will and you battle with it yet, Jesus loves you and wants you to put him first do so and everything you want in your future will be done. If you understand you can do God's will and be without conflict and preaching doing his work and living your dream like you want if something is missing in life go pray to him and he would make your path his.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 875,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Another false statement, that Gods Love is in general. Gods Love is Great for sinners He Loved Eph 2:4-5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Now this great Love was for us when we were dead in sin, not obedient.

There is nothing general about Gods Great love for sinners, thats a false teaching !

Note: That word great for great love in Eph 2:4 it means:

great, strong, intense, large:
God loves His creation, the world.
So that is God loving "us" as in us in general.

John 14:31 but I am doing just what the Father commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Get up, let us go from here."

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God doesn't even know you personally unless you obey Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

John 8:55 Yet you do not know him, but I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know him, and I obey his teaching.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The church is the body of Christ with his true worshipers. There was no church with people who went through Jesus blood until Jesus came and died for us.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
God loves His creation, the world.
So that is God loving "us" as in us in general.

John 14:31 but I am doing just what the Father commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Get up, let us go from here."

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God doesn't even know you personally unless you obey Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

John 8:55 Yet you do not know him, but I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know him, and I obey his teaching.
God has great love for sinners Eph 2:4-5

Old 09-16-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
The church is the body of Christ with his true worshipers. There was no church with people who went through Jesus blood until Jesus came and died for us.
Thats false, the Church, the Body of Christ has always existed in the world.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
So who is Isaiah writing for then? ...

Isaiah 42:1,4: “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations . . . He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth…”

Old 09-17-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God has great love for sinners Eph 2:4-5

Being dead in sins is about the Gentiles who did not get circumcised in the flesh and do the other purification works to deal with their sin nature.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

See that scripture, it explains that they were dead in their sins---they did not get circumcised in the flesh, which is the sign that a person could go to the temple and do the other purification works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity