Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:54 PM

28,156 posts, read 30,240,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Christians who resort to insulting anyone who disagrees ..... who'd you think I was referring to, Mickey Mouse & his chums?
Sorry, my previous response had been to v6fcruiser. I wasn't paying attention and I was thinking it was him who made the comment. It didn't make sense for him to say that in the context of our conversation. I'll have to watch more closely in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 06:14 PM

89,149 posts, read 85,835,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You want JUDGMENT eliminated but it won't happen because God is both Love and JUSTICE. God has in one sentence judged all of us guilty.....

Romans 3:23 for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

If ALL have fallen short then something has to have happened to avoid scrapping the whole project of God being with His people. God has given ALL of us a way out, freely available to all. Everyone]s job is to figure out what that is, and again your opinion and $2 will only get you a cheap cup of coffee in this league.
Paul said that, not God.

And it just means we are imperfect. We know that.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:30 PM

20,501 posts, read 12,939,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Paul said that, not God.

And it just means we are imperfect. We know that.
Is that what your church believes, that God did NOT say that? Sounds like you agree with Paul.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 PM

28,156 posts, read 30,240,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You want JUDGMENT eliminated but it won't happen because God is both Love and JUSTICE. God has in one sentence judged all of us guilty.....

Romans 3:23 for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

If ALL have fallen short then something has to have happened to avoid scrapping the whole project of God being with His people. God has given ALL of us a way out, freely available to all. Everyone]s job is to figure out what that is, and again your opinion and $2 will only get you a cheap cup of coffee in this league.
How on earth do you figure that what God has given you and so many others is "freely available to all"? There are billions who have never heard of Jesus Christ. How just would God be if He were to condemn those individuals for not having accepted Christ? You can count yourself among the lucky ones, but your idea of God's justice seems not to apply to the majority of mankind since the world began.

And what, may I ask, do you have against common courtesy? Why all the sarcasm and insults? I'm sure you're capable of disagreeing without peppering every one of your posts with snide remarks.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:32 PM

89,149 posts, read 85,835,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Is that what your church believes, that God did NOT say that? Sounds like you agree with Paul.
I can't speak for anyone else, but it's pretty much accepted by non-fundamentalist churches that God did not dictate the Bible.

for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Wouldn't God have said, "All have sinned and fall short of my glory?"

Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,401,852 times
Quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but it's pretty much accepted by non-fundamentalist churches that God did not dictate the Bible.

You're making sense.

That confuses jimmie.

Good work.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:52 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,250,950 times
Quote:

Mary didn’t sin...

Old 12-14-2017, 09:59 PM

20,501 posts, read 12,939,878 times
Quote:

He did.

Luke 18:19

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.”

Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,164,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
do you also believe that only Christians who have accepted Jesus as their Lord etc. will be allowed entry upon earthly death?

If so, where do you think everyone else will go? It's my understanding that not all Christians believe in a literal, eternally-burning hell. What, in your denomination/sect, is expected to happen to non-Christians upon death? Especially those who have led decent, ethical lives according to their different, or non-beliefs.
Preface: I don't believe in hell as a place of eternal torment because one would have to have an immortal soul which the Bible does not teach. I trust God's promise of a resurrection. A resurrection to heavenly life for some (144,000) in contrast with many who are resurrected to an earthly life. (Revelation 7:1-9; 14:1-4; 20:4-6). Whether its literally 144,000 or not I have no interest in arguing as some have the custom. What the author of Revelation did make clear is some go to heaven in contrast to many who don't. The many that do not go to heaven will remain on earth as I believe the earth is not eventually destroyed but becomes a home for the peaceful (Psalm 37:9-11 and Psalm 104:5).

With that understanding, the Bible talks about a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous at Acts 24:15. It will be resurrection to an earth prepared for people to live in peace (in line with Psalm 37:9-11). During this time (see Revelation 20:4) the unrighteous will have an opportunity to learn about the Creator. Whether its 1000 years or 999 or a period of time I have no interest in arguing. The point is there is a time for this to happen. That would take care of non Christians millions perhaps billions who have lived and died who were otherwise not incorrigibly wicked but decent, ethical people.

I find Acts 17:30 intriguing because it does show that God takes into account a person's ignorance and thus such individuals have the opportunity of being resurrected.

Who decides individuals to bring back? Christ has been given that authority. Men can't "read hearts." However, God and Christ can.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:18 PM

919 posts, read 616,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sorry, my previous response had been to v6fcruiser. I wasn't paying attention and I was thinking it was him who made the comment. It didn't make sense for him to say that in the context of our conversation. I'll have to watch more closely in the future.
No worries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity