Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 08:56 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The world in general hates the truth, and hates having sin pointed out.......mocking haters of Christ are everywhere. Ask any atheist......
How about you ask any atheist if Jesus points out sin to them. The answer will be no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 09:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
A tip of the toque to Zero and Katz for their responses. I appreciate you taking the time.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:48 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Good question/topic.

Hell is believed by some to mean separation from God. God is supposed to be the purest form of Love that connects us all.

My take is that since I, who am NOT that pure form of Love but a soul with flaws of my own making my way through the journey, would not condemn anyone to some sort of eternal damnation, how then would God?

Not sure that's an Episcopal POV, just mine.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,391,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
You either don't know the Bible or you're just making stuff up to suit your argument.
According to the Bible , God made ALL things.
Including evil?

Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 AM

28,114 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Including evil?
Define "evil." Note: I'm not saying there's no such thing as "evil" because I believe there is. But... it's impossible for me to answer your question unless I understand exactly what it is you're thinking evil is.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,736,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
According to your assertions, Hitler will go to Heaven because he 'believed' but a moral decent Atheist who committed his/her life will get sent off for eternal torment.
what part of "morally decent" is irrelevant to salvation do you not understand? how many times have been told that?

once saved BY belief, thus By faith in him LIke Abraham that at least tries to follow and obey. you don't even have to be good at it!! salvation is through him. it is not and salvation itself has never been about morality..
you want it to be about morality.
Athiest wish to try and make it about morality..
our morality IS SECONDARY TO OUR BELIEF AND OUR FAITH.
you can't stand before The Father who will consume you .. based on your own morality dude.. can you?

you are trying to make salvation based on morality alone. it isn't .. it is secondary or even third down the list of importance. Morality is really only about rewards as is obedience is about our rewards. but a faith that is Obedient as to even a proclamation of faith in the sight of men .. at least some obedience is required to prove a true faith/ unless you are the other guy on a cross or about to die. then even then proclamations of faith is all that was really required of him . that makes it a legally binding covenant!!! based on Love alone.. Because this is all a legal transaction.

"morally decent" only gains rewards to those saved. but it does not gain anyones salvation.

your concept and questions and comparisons are irrelevant to the Salvation he is offering.
and he only offers a legally binding covenant .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 12-13-2017 at 11:10 AM..

Old 12-13-2017, 01:21 PM

45,663 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So is this a literal or metaphorical statement? What many are asking is if this "vision" aka hallucination, is a public event or one we might experience on an individual basis?

If the "sea" is giving up it dead, does the fires, mountains, rivers, and other geographical bodies also surrender their dead?

What exactly are the two books? Why not ONE?

So we are then judged by "deeds" and not faith?

If one's name is not written in the book of life (one of two books) what if it is in the second book? Again, what purpose is there in having two books when the only one that seems to matter is the book of life?
My assumption is that he is doing his best to describe what he sees.

I don't know how the whole giving up of the dead will take place. The point is those who are dead apart from Christ will appear before God.

Who said there were two books? There may be more than that...

Our deeds are judged - both believers and unbelievers. Our location will be based upon if one possesses Jesus Christ - which is by faith.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,942,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The world in general hates the truth, and hates having sin pointed out.......mocking haters of Christ are everywhere. Ask any atheist......
If you were actually pointing out HOW what you consider "sin" is actually hurting the participant or those he cares about you might see different results.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My assumption is that he is doing his best to describe what he sees.

I don't know how the whole giving up of the dead will take place. The point is those who are dead apart from Christ will appear before God.

Who said there were two books? There may be more than that...

Our deeds are judged - both believers and unbelievers. Our location will be based upon if one possesses Jesus Christ - which is by faith.
SO is it FAITH or DEEDS? They are different, you know that right?

So why have more than one book? The question was if ONLY the book of life matters, why open ANY other books?

Old 12-13-2017, 02:08 PM

919 posts, read 611,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Including evil?
If ones to believe Colossians 1:16, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity