Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:43 PM

919 posts, read 616,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Paul was given a personal revelation by God (2 Corinthians 12:4). Peter, who walked with Jesus, confirmed Paul’s writings as gospel (2 Peter 3:14-16).
If that's correct, then why were the Rabbis students appalled at the superstitious supernatural nonsense that Saul/Paul preached?
Why did they feel the need to send around some 'missionaries' to sort him out?
And why did Saul/Paul have a big sook & feel the need to justify his deceptions?

Peter was clearly weak willed, unable to even stand by the Rabbi when the chips were down, despite having three chances. Hardly what one could even consider to be a reliable witness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 03:53 PM

89,154 posts, read 85,835,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
How about a God who loves us so much He came down and died for our and your sins? HE left heaven was born like a man grew up and died. Now people all over the world ignore, or mock that event and God rightly hands out an eternal sentence in torment............it's fair in His eyes maybe not in yours.........
I do not connect God in any way with that ecstasy and anticipation you and your cohorts display at the thought of your fellow beings in "eternal toment".

Nor do I think anyone with that sort of darkness inside can deign to tell me what God thinks is fair or not.

The ugliness is appalling.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:56 PM

20,501 posts, read 12,939,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
If that's correct, then why were the Rabbis students appalled at the superstitious supernatural nonsense that Saul/Paul preached?
Why did they feel the need to send around some 'missionaries' to sort him out?
And why did Saul/Paul have a big sook & feel the need to justify his deceptions?

Peter was clearly weak willed, unable to even stand by the Rabbi when the chips were down, despite having three chances. Hardly what one could even consider to be a reliable witness.
The apostles did have serious concerns about Saul at first. Eventually, Paul met with Peter and James, the Lord’s brother. See Gal. 1.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do not connect God in any way with that ecstasy and anticipation you and your cohorts display at the thought of your fellow beings in "eternal toment".

Nor do I think anyone with that sort of darkness inside can deign to tell me what God thinks is fair or not.

It’s not ecstasy and anticipation. It’s heavy concern. Hence, we share the gospel.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:13 PM

10,135 posts, read 5,070,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
do you also believe that only Christians who have accepted Jesus as their Lord etc. will be allowed entry upon earthly death?
If so, where do you think everyone else will go? It's my understanding that not all Christians believe in a literal, eternally-burning hell. What, in your denomination/sect, is expected to happen to non-Christians upon death? Especially those who have led decent, ethical lives according to their different, or non-beliefs.
ALL who died before Jesus' died did Not yet ascend anywhere according to John 3:13.
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
That includes people like King David as mentioned at Acts 2:34.
Plus includes all the faithful people listed in the 11th chapter of Hebrews.

People like those of Luke 22:28-30 will have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10.
They will govern in heaven as kings and priests with Jesus.
The majority of mankind thus can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth.
So, it is Not where everyone else will go, but rather where everyone else will be. Be right here on Earth.
As Jesus promised in connection to Psalms 37:9-11 that the humble or meek people will inherit the Earth.
Inherit the Earth during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth when there will be healing for earth's nations as described at Revelation 22:2. Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for food and for healing earth's nations. Even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth as mentioned at 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:25 PM

10,135 posts, read 5,070,985 times
Quote:
I do not connect God in any way with that ecstasy and anticipation you and your cohorts display at the thought of your fellow beings in "eternal torment".
I notice ' eternal torment ' is mentioned above as opposed to ' eternal torture '. Not the same thing.
In Scripture a jailer was a tormentor and Not a torturer as found at Matthew 18:30,34.
What the Bible really teaches is: the wicked are destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7
Being annihilated (destroyed forever) is Not being roasted forever. The dead know nothing as per Ecclesiastes 9:5.
We are given two (2) choices at 2nd Peter 3:9 to ' repent ' if we do Not want to ' perish' ( be destroyed ).
So, the eternal torment, so to speak, for the wicked is jailed up forever in destruction - 2nd Thessalonians 1:9.
The 'executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
There is No ugliness found in the words of Revelation 22:2 when, under Christ's rule, mankind on Earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Old 12-15-2017, 04:28 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,656,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Big plans? as soon as you die you're in Gods realm and it will go exactly as He says it will. Believers will go immediately into the presence of the Lord and will not have further contact with those down here. Unbelievers go directly into the lower parts of the earth and end up in torments. They will all remain there until the end of the millenium, at which time they will be resurrected and given a body fit for hell, and then comes the Great White Throne judgment where Christ will give you a hearing (your fate has already been decided) and those lost will end up in the lake of fire. Those will spend eternity unable to ever escape and knowing they could have been freely saved by grace while alive and enjoyed a glorious time in heaven.
That is your plan. I know you read it in a book. God has no such plan for me. My afterlife will go exactly as I said it will.

I will leave all the torment and suffering to you.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The apostles did have serious concerns about Saul at first. Eventually, Paul met with Peter and James, the Lord’s brother. See Gal. 1.
So you're saying that Peter & James were turned away from ''the Lords" teachings, rejecting it for Saul/Pauls supernatural nonsense that was heavily influenced by Pagan beliefs?
Not too sure about James but Peter would say anything to save his own skin. Hardly a reliable witness.

AND it doesn't change the fact that Saul/Paul justified his lies & deceptions to 'further Gods glory'. A self confessed unabashed liar is devoid of any credibility.

Last edited by Legion777; 12-15-2017 at 04:40 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
So you're saying that Peter & James were turned away from ''the Lords" teachings, rejecting it for Saul/Pauls supernatural nonsense that was heavily influenced by Pagan beliefs?
Not too sure about James but Peter would say anything to save his own skin. Hardly a reliable witness.
Show me where you’re getting this from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity